Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why are most killer perks so underwhelming?

2»

Comments

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 3,810

if no one is repairing that gen that just exploded then that is fine and the gen is save for no, you have still your pop up and can guard it or you can just leave it and focus on chases. Also if someone was repairing while you down someone so the gen explodes and the survivors gets incapacitated, the gen is not regressing, you can kick it right after the screamed without any worry.

But again if noone was at that gen and it explodes normal it will just regress and you can then pop a different gen aswell, nothing stopps you from that except yourself.

• Leatherface1990Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 618

KILLER is OP.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 539

Every perk thats boring is... well boring

every fun perk is complained about by survivors until it's nerfed into becoming boring

the only fun perks i can think of rn for killer are plague and hag perks however every perk for survivor and killer can be combined in someway to make them fun

meanwhile you should maybe open up dbd wiki or the game and read what this perk does and maybe use some of your remaining braincells to think how to use this perk instead of blindly writing a comment without even knowing what ppl are talking about. You are also one of these ppl that the devs should never take seriously.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 539

like mixing devour with undying what do you get. survivors: TOXIC

mix ruin and survilence what do you get. survivors: TOXIC

mix any perk what do you get. survivors: TOXIC

but anyways it feels liek whatever you mix it might get survivors angry at you but ignore them

edited November 2021

I dont really get what you mean by that? As soon as erruption blows up with a survivors on the gen you can use pop right after that, the regression will not be on the gen after the explosion but the gen still lost 6%, then you just simply kick the gen with pop and regress it with 25% more damage.

Also yes this combo is situational, just as Ruin undying or Corrupt? All the meta perks are situational perks that CAN buy you some time or give you some extra time. This argument can be applied on literally any single perk on dbd.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,194

It's not S tier but it is decent if you don't have anything better at the time. I run it for fun with Iron Grasp and Agitation when I just want to mess around and it works fairly good.

It's funny seeing their Hook Bar drop quickly. Most of the time they reach 2nd hook state as I do my normal patrol around the basement before moving on.....

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,638

You have 30 seconds to reach a gen that is still regressing and then find another gen in the hope that it´s not regressing. Yeah no, you won´t be able to use Pop at all. The incapacitation lasts 16 seconds in which the survivors won´t touch the gen. So it keeps regressing. But as i already said, the regression time is 1/4 of the time a normal survivor would require to repair the gen. In other words, a survivor who waits the 30 seconds of Pop, just loses 8 (actually a little less) seconds of repair time (plus the 6% instant regression). Don´t take Pop and Eruption together. Its counterproductive, since you can´t use 1 of the perks at full potential.

• beatddbbeatddb Member Posts: 565

"as soon as eruption blows up with survivors on the gen you can use pop" what? Its funny how you tell people on the thread to do some work and go read the wiki when you havent even read the perk yourself. Eruption blows and makes the gen start regressing, now tell me, how are you going to kick a gen with pop when its regressing?

Dude I have been playing with this combo since Nemesis came out, this what you are trying to use as an argument never ever happend to me xD. And no there is nothing with "hope" the gen that you kicked explodes, its all up to you which gen explodes and which not.

I am playing with this combination, also alot of friends of me and all of them are literally doing even better in overall gen protection, I mean no one forces you to play with this but you havent even tried this and are assuming situations which dont even happen like this.

Also speaking of counterproductive, why are so many ppl using corrupt and ruin? This is probably one of the most counterproductive combos I have seen ever and it is massivly used on almost all killers so pls... xD

I think you are not even reading my responds properly... well read it again and then reply and we will talk about it buddy

• GrayEyesGrayEyes Member Posts: 379

I find this hilarious since you don't realize that I'm the guy that put a lot of that info on the wiki 🤣

I don't need to read anything to critically think to realize that 2 and 4 secs saved are garbage when by the time you finish one chase 2-3 gens are done

Writing down numbers doesnt mean you understand them, did you ever had math class?

Dude I understand that your feelings are hurt but nothing you can say will ever make 6 secs any better the facts are the facts sorry if your upset that 6 secs isn't winning you or anybody else games but it's just not you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out

I also find it hilarious you jump straight to insults especially about math considering I'm a engineer that designs plane wings for a living 😂

Insult? Okey lol kinda funny how you instantly switch now the topic about me beeing mad apperantly, someone lost his arguments now as it seems. I am actually not trying to fight but it seems like you are trying to provokate for some reason? Who hurt you today tell me, maybe I can help.

How tf is asking if I've taken math when I'm a engineer not a insult? I haven't switched topics once I've stated that 6 secs isn't winning games and I meant it your the one that keeps changing the subject their is no fight 6 secs is garbage and that's a fact if you can't accept that, that's on you. The only thing that hurts me is low intelligence which I'm seeing a lot on the internet lately

I'm done with this argument cause it's become quite clear English is your second language language you aren't that profound in it nor can you read it fluently I can give you instructions if you insist

• FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,000
    edited November 2021

It starts regressing if there isn't a Survivor on it. Otherwise, it doesn't. Oppression and Jolt actually work the same way too. Because of that, Eruption and Pop actually combo decently well. Down happens, Survivor on Eruption Gen screams. You hook, and walk over and pop the gen. The Survivor who screamed won't be able to finish the Gen before you get there because of the 16s incapacitated. To make it better, if it's been 30s since you triggered Eruption, applying Pop will also reapply Eruption. Seriously that combo is actually pretty great if you have one particular Gen that you don't want the Survivors to finish.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,233

See most perks aren't used cause of what the game is

Survivors: Do Gens and leave

Killers: Down and Hook Survivors multiple times (Camping and Tunneling are bad depending on when you do it... I guess)

• UssuUssu Member Posts: 177
    edited November 2021

From what I can tell, it's cuz they been nerfed to #########

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 1,485

I forgot Territorial has a cooldown. That's pretty clownshoes.

• AlionisAlionis Member Posts: 656

What info did you put on the wiki? I visit the wiki quite often and your username is not familiar.

• gentaclegentacle Member Posts: 254

add a perk that lets killers use E to do something imho

• Bennett_They1ThemBennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,338

It's pretty cool you design plane wings for a living!

• LiunUKLiunUK Member Posts: 875

probably due to the power scaling of killers

strong killers synergise very well with perks while weak killers tend to not get as much value out of them.

take tinkerer for instance. on a killer like trapper its a decent perk and can help in some situations unless said gen is on the other side of the map but tinkerer on blight or nurse is very strong.

so say you make a perk that's very strong on weaker killers its very likely that same perk will be broken on strong killers

• WarpheadWarphead Member Posts: 623

They can't make a killer dangerous or survivors will cry more than normal.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,975

Keep in mind there’s 90 killer perks. Even if all 13 perks in the original post aren’t great that’s still not close to “most killer perks”.