Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do people who lose get mad when the winner says gg

I say gg after every single match no exception it doesn't matter how bad i lost or how much i won but some people take it as a personal attack when i say gg after i beat them? can someone explain this to me?

Comments

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,188
    edited November 2021

If someone feels like the match was unbalanced, which most people do when they lose, then they will strongly disagree with the idea that it was a good game. Especially if you say well played/wp and they lose terribly.

Also if you do things that are unsportsmanlike, such as teabagging and flashlight clicking then saying gg is conflicting.

• SmukSmuk Member Posts: 735

As most likely 5minutes before he had a light show and slavic squat dance on exit gates

• coldestwinter123coldestwinter123 Member Posts: 77

when the match is close i don't see no GG's i see GG's when i got 0k's and got 2 long walls in to main building in to a jungle gym in to a shack. Or when i decide to play bubba its gg's on suffocation pit .

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,240

Don’t know if you know but people also use “gg” for “Get good”.

That may be a reason why.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,844

Not to be pedantic, but it is "git gud," my mythical Unicorn. Don't worry about it, this is a common mistake that people make.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,289

Its projection.

I wouldn't say gg after a loss, so if you do it you are obviously flexing your victory.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,240

LOL. I appreciate the correction.

I don’t use the phrase, I’m sure thats evident 😂

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,519

I dunno.

People liked it when I said gg after I lost. They didn't like it when I said gg after I won.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 5,397

As with everything - context is key. It can sometimes feel condescending to be GG'd by someone who absolutely slaughtered you.

That said, 99% of the time, anyone who takes offense at a simple 'GG' is just being a sore loser.

'GG EZ' though is generally regarded as incredibly BM.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,975

Context is the key, if you are probably bm'ing every pallet then usually don't expect a gg.

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 278

As DbD is a asymmetrical genre game, saying GG might not come same to opponent(s).

It is not hard to realize when many (I wouldn't say "most") players are either cynical or satisfied with other's misery.

• themoobs1984themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Sometimes it wasn't a good game. I ignore people in other games that say GG when it clearly wasn't a good game. Some people use GG to be sarcastic.

• burt0rburt0r Member Posts: 2,473

Just like others said. Even if you play fair as killer you mostly only get GG's with less than 6hooks and 0kills aka a one sided stomp.

Even with my playstyle now of intentionally losing after getting up to 8 hooks and/or 4bbq stacks without killing anyone doesn't net me any form of GG or being grateful most of the time but silence or even degrading toxicity instead.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,923

I usually say gg plus something else, like “gg, that was close”. Sometimes a sore loser still talks trash after that but usually they either say nothing, say gg, or sometimes get into a nice conversation.

• adirgeforthedeadadirgeforthedead Member Posts: 347

For me, it depends a lot on the match itself. Most people use GG as a means of taunting rather than the match being fun or good in any way or shape. I know some Killers struggle to get Kills or get really bad maps/situations or, as a Survivor, I end up with teammates that are so toxic to the poor player and still say "GG" at the end and I am all "Please, just no". Or Killers who say GG after camping or tunnelling Survivor players are really despicable people to me.

I only ever say GG when it was a genuinely fun match for both sides were a lot of silly things happen. It's rare, but it does happen.

• xxshyguyxxxxshyguyxx Member Posts: 313

I always say gg, even when it's a crap match. Sometimes I even throw in the old fashioned "ez" when a spicy survivor main wants to pour salt at the end game chat.

I tunnel Sometimes too. Also camp if I feel the need. Don't tell the survivor mains 🤫🤭

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,164

Some people are overly competitive and don't consider it a good game if they didn't win.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,746
    edited November 2021

I personally don't get it at all, but then again I've been saying gg after multiplayer matches for what, nearly 2 decades or something now?

I've just started saying gg when I win after someone that lost says it first. And that happens way more often than not, whoever's still there at the end tend to say gg in my experience. I honestly don't really care if they mean it or not, an "empty" gg is still lightyears ahead of rageposting in chat.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,112

Usually almost every game I end it with gg. I never say gg ez. To me, saying gg ez is like saying "you suck".

• gentaclegentacle Member Posts: 254

even if it wasn't a good game, you should say it imho. good sportsmanship is dying out. i add in the "wp" personally because some people will interpret gg in the wrong way but there isn't an accepted diss version of ggwp as far as i know lol.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,062

They aren't mad at the GG they are probably mad at losing and in the heightened emotional state of being mad at losing they are then mad at anything. GG in their head is no longer a good game friendly ending its a taunt directed at them, why? because they are mad about losing.

If they didn't have fun, for whatever reason, they don't realize that it doesn't immediately mean other's also didn't have fun. But some people can't process this point and expect everyone to acknowledge their version of fun as the only version. So again GG becomes a taunt that upsets them because they are already upset at their own lack of fun.

Online man babies are gonna man baby what can you do? Just say GG and move on. They are gonna be upset either way.

There will be games where you think "man I didn't really have fun but the other team did well GG." If you can process this thought then congrats welcome to adulthood.

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 753

I find it extremely tilting when I get like 2 or 3 hooks vs. some full meta sweat squad and they go "wp!" as if getting 3 hooks and 4 escapes is a well played game from the killer. It's really annoying even if they aren't doing it to set you off or something

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 1,093

Some people in the game with feign sportsmanship to be a twat. So chances are that is what they think you are doing. If someone says GG but the other person very clearly did not have a good game and got BM'd by the other survivors all game I doubt they are gonna be happily agreeing with you.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,277

I think it all depends on how they played during the game.

If someone is constantly t-bagging and clicking a flashlight then I'd see why them texting "gg" would be annoying.

Otherwise I don't understand it. I usually say something extra when I text "gg" just so they know I'm not trying to be a dick. I'll say something like "gg, tough map for survivor" or "gg, not finding Ruin hurt us that game".

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,167

I always say GG even if it's a win or loss but I always give a message like good loops or fun chases and I mean it.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

I always say it unless you spent the entire match being deliberately antagonistic.

• crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 462

It's toxic to send gg as a survivor if the killer got zero hooks.

Was it really a good game for them, do you think?

• aknitusaknitus Member Posts: 124

Right. It was a good game for surv but not the killer. That is why they take it as a personal attack. GG"WP" would be the icing on top of it.