Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

why do you play killer?

2»

Comments

• lordfartlordfart Member Posts: 538

Survivor is too stressful for me, as killer I can relax and enjoy myself. Doesn't seem to be a common experience but I really don't relate to complaints about killer being more painful than survivor as I don't like feeling powerless, and survivor makes me feel that way. The fact you can get taken out the game and coz I seem to be a crap survivor, most of my games end up just being me spectating my friends while they play. It sucks lol

• nikodemonikodemo Member Posts: 336

Killer is fun. I like the hunt, the cat and mouse of it.

There's also no where else in the world that I can step into the shoes of my favorite killers, Pinhead, Pyramid Head, Demogorgon. That's simply priceless. What a legendary experience.

• lav3lav3 Member Posts: 264

For archive challenges.

Once they are done, nope!

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,705

I exiled myself from Overwatch because garbage teammates were becoming stressful. I first tried some fighting games, as that is where I came from, but Strive didn't even have a lobby system, isn't that pathetic? I digress, I just wanted to be alone without deadweight. And that is why killer is so great. No one to hold me back. Also I love horror movies, so playing all of these iconic heroes got me going, fam. Freddy is kind of like my favorite fictional character. Hope he makes it in Multiversus.

• ilovedbd123ilovedbd123 Member Posts: 1,941

Because I'm masochistic.

I main nurse ffs, with thousands of hours in the game and have spent probably 1/4-1/2 of those on nurse alone.

That's probably one of the few reasons I'm still playing this game, because I can still have fun and win, even when it gets difficult. That's part of the reason.

The other part is I find survivor drags, with the game partially being due to my teammates. And when you don't know how many resources they've used, and watch as they throw shack pallet without even putting up a fight, that can be demoralising

• UssuUssu Member Posts: 177

Thrill of the hunt

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,615
    edited November 2021

I play killer so that I don't have to deal with all the disgusting killers out there lmao

I'm looking at you Trickster

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

Cause I have no friends

And if I wanna play solo then Killer is the best way to do that

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

The challenge, the skill involved, the variety of gameplay styles. The thing is that the game's challenging to the point of your skill not mattering because you lose anyway, and that leads to you wanting to play with less variety so that you don't experience those unjustified losses as much. The game is self-defeating in its current state.

• vacamanvacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Because survivor is boring, I only play it with friends. Killer might be harder and requires more attention but that was what drew me into playing killer in the first place. Nowadays I just play much less the game than i used to.

• dictepdictep Member Posts: 763

That’s exactly the problem with many people playing killer. They need to feel powerful in a video game and you’re no suppose to easily 4k, sorry. You’re suppose to 2k. And then they feel powerless and come to these forums crying

• RenRenRenRen Member Posts: 1,113

I like a challenge. Issue is it's not really a challenge if I have no chance.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 550

I guess inside of me lives a tiny masochist...i cant think of another reason.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,593

I payed way too much money in this game to just play 50% of it.

And I enjoy some killer powers, BP gain with bbq and doing challenges.

Sure it is stressful af sometimes even if you want to take it easy and chill, but not because you playing killer but because you playing on badham or because of rng.

It took me some time to get used to it and I dont mind it that much anymore.

The fun aspect of this game is making your own rules and fun, and killer role is the best for it. And in the end its a game and if you dont enjoy playing it, noone is forcing you.

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

Because I get to have fun.

MMR was quit good for me in this regard. I dropped all slowdown perks from my builds safe for some very fitting ones and got beaten a bit. When Pinhead came out I deceided to not run a single slowdown on him and went with Brutal Strength, Hex: Plaything, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt and Deadlock. Just enough to not get overwhelmingly punished by all survivors spawning by themself. I never got high up with this build of course as beefy toolboxes, efficient genrushing and meta-builds beat me.

However once the MMR settled I got to have plenty of fun especially during the week. On weekends its becoming harder but still interesting.

Same for my other Killers: I grinded them down by getting their adepts and then added funnier perks. Spirit with Dragons Grip and Bloodfavore, Billy with Infectious Fright and Lightborn baseline, Myers with Monitor and Baboozle, Pyramide Head with Scourge Hooks...you get the idea, I take perks that I find fitting.

To put it short: I adapted, stopped worrying about my "Rank" or "MMR" and just enjoy some cool moments. The only thing disrupting my inner peace are bad mannering survivors but even that is better once I added Franklys to some build...can not flick a flashlight when you have no flashlight.

• Luciferr_2ndLuciferr_2nd Member Posts: 892

I also only play killer when i have archives

Most of my matches are just miserable nowadays

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,744

Because I find it fun just like I always have, not any deeper than that.