Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Game is Unplayable with Noed

Comments

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,046

Before crossplay was a thing, I remember survivor queue times were longer than they were now. I remember timing with my stopwatch and getting 10+ minute waits to get into a match during peak hours. Killer rounds were still pretty instantaneous. Since crossplay came into existence, it would seem that killers on console may have left crossplay off, leading to lengthier waits there while more survivors turned it on, lowering queue times there.

All this is pure speculation, obviously. 🤔

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 4,451
    edited November 2021

If you love facing it in the base game, you’d thoroughly enjoy it on mobile right now. It’s bugged that it doesn’t even reveal it’s in play when the killer gets a hit in the end game, after yesterday’s update. Someone else said even if you cleanse it that it doesn’t go away. Rewarding bad killers even more.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,943

Laughs in Autohaven and Ormond

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737

Games unplayable without NOED. Survivors aren't interested in chases, only doing objectives so I just give them an extra one :)

OP, would you prefer that I run 4 slowdown perks? Is that not boring to you?

I want chases and interactions, if others dont want to give that to me then they're going to get a grumpy Nemesis bee lining whatever Exit Gate they tried to open.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,876

I hate NOED as much as the next person who cleanses four totems and then dies to it anyway, but I've seen NOED multiple times today alone and each time it only got the killer one kill and three escapes. You know why? Because we leave the person to die. Sorry, yeah, it sucks to be the one to die, but that's the smart play.

Rarely am I able to cleanse NOED after it's up. Usually, if I do, it's because I was cleansing a dull totem as the last gen popped.

• lovemeplzlovemeplz Member Posts: 84

How can this be i play between 12pm to 2pm and i play around 1am to 4am and my queue time are the same for both side killer instant survivor 2 to 10 minute. I play near montreal so i think i have the same hour as NY. Btw i play crossplay off but im on pc

• MassquwattMassquwatt Member Posts: 279

I wouldn't say the game is unplayable with NOED. Is it annoying? Sure but I got my own strategies when playing against it. If I'm the first to get down with it? I'll sacrifice myself on the hook so nobody gets the stupid idea of coming to save me and have that snowball. If somebody elses get downed first? I'm just yeeting on out of the match because unless I know where it is straight away I'm not even going to bother sticking around lmao

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,538

I fail to see how this is unplayable?

You guys got to the endgame before NOED even became a factor in the game, basically you played a full game, completed all the gens and then died to NOED at the end. If you play 80-90% of match content then die (death is also match content) the game was hardly "unplayable".

Fewer survivors means faster survivor queues, so yeah...

SBMM is the problem, because previously your emblem and as such rank, would not be heavily impacted by NOED. This is because you would get credit for other stuff you did besides escaping.

If escape is the only thing that dictates success then NOED is problematic for the SBMM system because it can get kills that probably would have been escapes in the endgame.

THIS IS A SBMM PROBLEM NOT A NOED PROBLEM <- in caps for stressing the point.

NOED is mostly fine and outside of poorly thought out SBMM system, its a good perk that doesn't need change.

The solution to your post is, cleanse totems, play cautiously if its in play, hunt for it or escape and don't expect to escape until you are out the door. Anything can still happen in game.

Or change the thread title to "waaah I expected to escape and didn't get to due to NOED! NERF it waaah!" <- I think this a is a more honest title. (This is a flippant remark for nothing but comedic effect please don't take it personally)

• crowbarmancrowbarman Member Posts: 464

Such a joke. Once one person went down did the rest of you look for the now-lit totem? I guess not.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,956

Yes they did and then try to cleanse it as he's patrolling it and slugging. What an idiot killer

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,318

Again another reason I respect Sluzzy. Their baits are actually worth reading.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,533

I think you miss-typed your title... "Game is unplayable with how strong survivors are"

• SkerpiTwitchSkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

I have the same feeling about deadhard

• SkerpiTwitchSkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Noed is the best perk in the game btw. It counters 4 healtstates at once! Lemme explain.

1 healthstate

second healthstate

deadhard rollback

actual downing.

Ppl would be stupid not to bring noed every game.

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 1,731

The Perk Small game allows you to count the totems.

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,473

So the game is unplayable with NOED...

... except for the part that you played a whole game with all 5 generators done before NOED even activates?

• BaldursGate2BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

Killer has noed and you don't get hit? GTFO of the game. Being too altruistic leads to death.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,845

I think you count it wrong.

1st hit: Healthy -> injured

2nd hit: dead hard

3rd hit: injured -> down

• RoaderFrostRoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

If NOED pops up and you don't know where it is - run, Run for your life. Split and try to open both gates.

I like to play Clown with NOED. Feels good. They run, they hide, they fear, as it should be from the beginning.

... unless totem is cleansed. Several times it spawned near the gate, easy seen when opening :(

• jarjargist21jarjargist21 Member Posts: 401

Two things

Firstly killers are leaving that's why que times are so long, also console players are turning off their cross play so they don't have to deal with hackers which would cause even longer que times.

Secondly about noed, why do you cry about it? You don't do the bone which is the survivors 2nd objective and you have many perk that literally track totems. Oh wait I know why you don't use a tracking totem perks you don't want to lose your 2nd chance perk. New flash noed is the killer's 2nd chance perk. Killers have a right to play with 2nd chance perks as well.

• RoaderFrostRoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

There is a disturbance is survivor understanding of reality during the trials...

They see easy killer, run around him, stun, blind, clicky-clicky, teabag, abuse... gens done, reality changes:

NOED, No Way Out, Blood Warden, Remember Me :)

• Viktor1853Viktor1853 Member Posts: 755

good joke

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,335

I used to look all the way down my nose at NOED users, but I don't have a particular problem with NOED in the current moment. When boons came out, I was spamming the hell out of them, then most killers started running NOED since no one was cleansing totems anymore, so I started cleansing totems. I also have noticed far fewer totems being blessed now as opposed to a few weeks ago, and the number of killers actually running NOED in my games seems to have decreased a bit recently, since now the threat of it is more present.

Seems like the ecosystem has sorted it out for the most part, at least in my games.

As for queue times, in my experience killer queues have been significantly shorter 99.9% of the time over my entire time playing DBD, and in recent weeks that has been more true than ever.

I play with crossplay on, usually between the hours of 8pm - 3am MST (USA).

• Dennis_van_eijkDennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,564

So what you're saying is that you had the change to escape but didn't do it and got punished for it? 😱😂

If you talking about survivor queue getting longer because survivors will leave?

Then i hate to bring it to you, but it will be the exact opposite.

If more survivors leave then survivor queues will get faster, not many survivors have to get match against a kow amount of killers 😉