Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I miss the old lighting/aesthetic a lot

2»

Comments

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,415

Yeah really, the lighting I miss dearly. I'm happy with the remakes of the maps for higher quality, but the game should've kept this very dark lighting with the distance blur. However, only for survivors. The killer's view should not be so dark because then it becomes a problem and people hated it.

I really think we should go for the fair middle ground, survivors view overall is darker, killers stay as it is now.

I personally turn my screen brightness down as survivor often just to try and mimic it

• Dito175Dito175 Member Posts: 1,156

I only miss the old lighting and fog, they were soo good!

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,855

Never got a chance to play the old times, but damn it looks cool. I mean it looks like a Claudette’s paradise, but also scary.

Unlike a certain saloon I could mention

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,171

I wasn't around to see most of the old maps, but the overhaul I did see felt like a downgrade. New Coldwind has better assets, sure, and the Thompson House looks much, much more like a real house with bloody history, but the atmosphere of the map was ruined. Really not a fan of daytime maps - they don't fit with the theme or lore of the game and a lot of stealth killers were designed with low lighting in mind, which makes it all the worse when you load into Saloon or Ormond or Cornland as a Ghostface or Myers.

Looking at those pictures of old Asylum makes me want to weep for the new one. It's so grey and washed out. Why would they go with that (lack of a) color scheme over a saturated night?

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,150

I don't miss the old fog, but I do miss some of the old lighting. The old fog was a pain that was only made worse with multiple reagents burned, but some of the lighting in 2016-2017 dbd was night. This are much more polished now if you're playing on Ultra settings on pc, but there is something to be said about the potato graphics of old dbd. Like it works, sorta.

• HannonHannon Member Posts: 214

I like the old graphics because it feels nostalgic

but I highly prefer the new ones

• M1MASTERM1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Yeah, DBD's artstyle got worse where a lot of the reworked maps just look a lot more boring than they used to.

The new Eyrie of Crows map doesn't even look like it comes from a horror game. No fog, pretty bright and open, zero grass (rip Trapper)

The fog these days feels like a useless mechanic even when throwing the offerings. Stealth shouldn't a super annoying thing for the killer to deal with, but now it feels like they're moving too much away from it.

• SuperyoshieggSuperyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,284

You know, it's pretty difficult to judge the lighting in those screenshots when you've cranked the saturation up to the point where it resembles a clickybaity thumbnail you'd see on Youtube.

• Laurie268Laurie268 Member Posts: 333

I didn’t touch the pictures, this is what it looked like on my screen. It’s from the dev build. I did have everything on low which could’ve affected the saturation but this is honestly what it looked like on my screen

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Eyrie looks like a Fortnite map. It doesn't have a DBD vibe at all.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 227

Old Coldwind was my favorite realm. And I also miss the old fog. DBD used to be much more atmospheric in the past.

• M1MASTERM1MASTER Member Posts: 352

A little bit cartoonish maybe. I'd say it's more like dark fantasy.

• Dilif69Dilif69 Member Posts: 147
    edited November 2021

omg i miss the lights soo much + the dark purple lighting

do you have more pictures like clowns caravan or the church 👉️👈️

• CutiadduCutiaddu Member Posts: 402

BHVR PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD MACMILLAN SKY I BEG YOU

• Marc_123Marc_123 Member Posts: 1,957

I also prefer the darker more spooky maps.