Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How do you guys think of this coming new chapter next week on Tuesday?

Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,220

Do you enjoy this killer, do you think she is fun, cool power and all that?

What about the perks, the new survivor and the map?

Tell me, your overall thoughts on this OG chapter

Comments

• wewantbetterfunwewantbetterfun Applicant Posts: 286

high skill cap, good scourge hook perk, good killer, yes

• WishIcouldmainWishIcouldmain Member Posts: 3,862

Good map, strong killer who’s viable across the board, good perks. Yup looks pretty good so far

• ThanosPAWGThanosPAWG Member Posts: 329

I can't wait to check out the new map. The new killer looks fun and the new exhaustion perk seems really strong.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,697

Not looking forward to the new killer if they keep the idling crows damage part of her kit in there.

• TheShapesMixtapeTheShapesMixtape Member Posts: 3,089

No, im not really that bothered by the new killer honestly. Perks are cool but the most interesting one, Hex : Pentimento will end up being bad because no one will cleanse totems.

I hate the new survivor perks. Overcome is going to be so frustrating to deal with. Corrective Action is pretty useless. Boon : Exponential is going to be annoying.

New map is fine i guess. I just wish it wasn't so bright.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,295

I expect Artist to be nerfed on release, but by how much we'll see.

• ImposeImpose Member Posts: 400

She'll dominate 1v1. And since BHVR thinks 1v1 is how the game works she'll be nerfed. Her 4v1 is meh.

Shes a decent killer for sure who will be nerfed

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,602

I’m more concerned about bugs coming with this chapter.

• MikeyBoiMikeyBoi Member Posts: 261

This*. Idc about any dlcs in this game anymore, it’s more of an overall hindrance to the game then excitement/enjoyment now..

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,222

I'm excited for the new map, the Artist and the perks. I just hope that Artist doesn't get nerfed to the ground when the chapter comes out.

• NeamyNeamy Member Posts: 221

I'm pretty excited, I do like a few perks, and I really wanna try the new killer (console)

• LaChicalindaLaChicalinda Member Posts: 43

She‘ll be nerffed after the release, before is a bad thing for the business.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,203

killer looks interesting!

but unless she is accompanied by some serious balance changes to improve the overall Killer experience in this game / an official statement that they disabled SBMM, it wont be bringing me back to this game.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,324

Patch after patch, the traps hiding spots are removed. And somehow with Tar bottle trap in the darkest place with grass, survivors still disarm my traps for breakfast.

The new Crow map put Trapper into a true M1 killer.

Perhaps I will change to 2nd main Spirit & Artist. Artist seems alot of fun.

• themoobs1984themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    edited November 2021

The killer being from Chile when, apparently, there are no crows in Chile kinda ruins immersion for me. Otherwise, I am looking forward to it.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,166

If they fix the balance issues with the game SBMM won't be a issue. All SBMM did was shine a bright spotlight on all the balance issues at the same time.

Map Sizes

Map Tile Layout

Gen Placement

Totem Placement

Safe Zones vs Unsafe Zones

And More......

If the BHVR just fixes the maps that would handle alot of the main balance issues at hand and make QOL changes for Killers and SoloQ Survivors alot easier.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,203

If they fix the balance issues with the game

yeah that wont happen.

they said on multiple occasions that they have no intention of balancing this game around high level play - and the recent balance changes (Spirit & Deathslinger nerf) reflect that.

• ThanosPAWGThanosPAWG Member Posts: 329

I'm sure there are going to be nerfs but even with the nerfs I'm sure she will still be low a to high b tier.

• Name_UnavailableName_Unavailable Member Posts: 464

new killer that can't be looped. there gonna be a lot of dc's i can tell.

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 4,031

Ngl, this is probably the first time I'm not that excited for a chapter.

I do like the new killer and I'm glad we're getting a new map (finally), but besides that everything else is forgettable, including the new survivor and perks.

• StrykerStryker Member Posts: 220

killer: is strong, seems fun, probably an A/S tier, the perks are good: it's probably going to be nerfed to the ground with some lame excuses.

new map: it's nice, but seems to be too big.

new surv:

-overcome is going to be a nightmare for M1 killer only, chases will become a marathon

-exponential is yet another broken boon totems

both of these perk will probably be....untouched, because you know, as if BH will dare to balance the survivor side.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,548

Killer-->Depends what they change. But not really looking forward to another Anti-Loop Killer.

Survivor-->Eh, its another Skin. Whatever.

Killer Perks-->I hate that they add more Slowdown-Perks. The Scourge Hook-Perk might find some use, which is 15% Regression, combined with PGTW this is a lot. Not really a fan of that.

Survivor-Perks-->Not really excited. Overcome might be used, but I dont see the other Perks being used.

Map-->I kinda like it, even if I dont really like the lightning and that you can see so far. But the Skybox and architecture of the Main Building and Shack look good. But I need to play on it against and as other Killers than The Artist to see how good it is.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

The killer seems too good to be true, and I like all 3 of her perks, even if Pentimento doesn't seem that useful due to the Boon meta.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

I don't know... I haven't played her yet

So I can't wait to play her

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

I'm looking forward to Artist, she was among the most fun killers I've ever played on PTB.

I hope if they make any changes to her, they do them right so that she doesn't end up dead on arrival.

• BartlausBartlaus Member Posts: 436

I think the new killer will be fun as long they dont completely 'change' her. Im not sure about the map, cuz I didnt play on PTB. I mean it looks nice, but it also seems to be very huge :/