Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does anyone think that Bubba is too OP ?

Sure you may say that it all depends on who's using Bubba, obviously, that goes for every killer. But I’ve noticed Bubba's chainsaw lasts more longer than Billy's. And I think that time for Bubba's chainsaw is too OP. With that much time swinging, you can literally hit all survivors near by at once ! I've had a match where Bubba literally pinned down 3 survivors at once. And of course, we were all dead. Also Bubba’s chainsaw is more difficult to avoid than Billy’s. I find this annoying and makes me roll my eyes whenever I see a match and Bubba is the killer. So Idk if it's just me, but I really feel like Bubba's chainsaw can use a de-buff. What do you guy’s think ?

Comments

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 8,631

He’s fine. Though his add ons get a little insane

• UlaUla Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2021

Imo bubba is mostly fine. I just dislike how bubba relies on the chilli addons (mostly the purple one) and has plenty of useless addons.

Although his ability to deny any save if he is facecamping is problematic, but that's for another topic.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 2,742

I don't play Bubba for certain reasons

All I can say is he's fine... right now

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 1,309

Please tell me your joking. Can we please stop saying crap like this. Bubba is fine leave him alone. The reason is because if us killers dare to say do you think this survivor perk is op or this survivor item is op then all hell breaks lose and you start saying stop crying for nerfs to our stuff even worse than when you mention stuff about killers.

He is absolutely fine watch yourself with him and try and make him crash into objects. The only think I don't like about bubba is the facecamping ones cos unless that bubba seriously messes up you ain't rescuing even more so basement bubbas

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 4,846

Bubba is in a really good place and shouldn't be touched. His ability to camp is still stupid but I don't really think they can do anything about it.

Bubba just requires you to drop pallets early. If your at a window it can counter him massively but bamboozle helps him with that. Like most killers in this game if he has a good first chase, and he finds your weak link, then he'll get a 4k easily.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 2,896

He is.. alright I'd say. He can bit a wee bit... nah I won't go this way, but he is very good with Bamboozle. He gets rid of windows with it and his Chainsaw gets rid of pallets really fast.

But again, he has no mobility and playing safe and predropping pallets is a good strat if Survivors do gens fast. Gens go faster than Bubba can get rid of pallets. But yeah, unefficient Survivors will make it quite easy for Bubba to dominate.

He is a bit uncreative, but he always was. He could use some changes, mainly to his camping aspect.

• ThanosPAWGThanosPAWG Member Posts: 273

He is in a good spot right now except for camping however that won't change unless they do something about camping.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 1,131

Bubba is fine.

• JPAJPA Member Posts: 1,685

Your main comparison here is that Bubba's chainsaw lasts longer than, and is easier to avoid than, Billy's chainsaw.

The problem with that is Billy is a pretty low tier Killer IMO, so Bubba being stronger than him doesn't say much.

Bubba is one of the easier Killers to loop

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,335

Bubba is not OP at all.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 7,941
    edited November 2021

Not OP, but his ability to camp or rather mow down the rescued survivor instantly even if BT was in is stupid.

though the devs have said they want to address hard camping either way so maybe that will be solved anyway

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 2,333

Yep, he is killer on training wheels.

• As long as you can hook one person one time, you’re guaranteed at least one kill (no other killer can really do this, perhaps Trickster)
    • Chainsaw sweep that typically requires very little accuracy or precision, except on some loops (especially compared to his predecessor, Hillbilly)
    • Chainsaw sweep can run for ridiculous amounts of time and distance (outlasting Sprint Burst) with the chili and other add-ons, also allowing for multiple downs
    • Three chainsaw sweep charges by default that recharge far too quickly, even without the add-ons
    • Far less punishing revving function comparative to Hillbilly; I think it’s up to five seconds of revving without add-ons to make him enter his tantrum, which it also cools down at the same rate as it builds up
  • KasamskyKasamsky Member Posts: 208

Imo he is the perfect 1v1 chase killer. In the hands of a good Bubba his power can be really scary and opressive for the survivor. If you are too cocky or greedy with paletts he will punish you very hard. Nobody will body block him because survivors actually respect his power just like it should be. He is scary to face but reasonable manageable.

However i do think his ability to face camp is critical and unhealthy for the game. Yes i've done it myself. Yes it can be very satisfying to make sure that one toxic person dies. But in general i think no killer should be able to get multiple downs at a unhook. Especially if that killer is able to completely ignore Borrowed Time and catch up in a single use of this power, like Bubba.

• Viktor1853Viktor1853 Member Posts: 676

no

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,201

He's not OP, but I do think he's quite overtuned for how easy he is to play as, especially with Bambozlee. Imo he should never be stronger than Billy.

• ManOMakerManOMaker Member Posts: 284

He’s very good. Good for beginner’s and good against beginners, but he’s not op. In most high rank games you rarely see him cus he isn’t as useful anymore when playing against veterans.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,592

That’s an issue with Billy being a bit weak, not Bubba being a bit strong.

He’s above average but his lack of map mobility makes him weaker against survivors who spread out. “Facecamping” Bubba is a popular complaint but note that 1 kill is still a loss, so a Bubba who literally just downs one person and stands by a hook for two minutes will have all the gens be done and the game be over by the time that person dies if the survivors are doing the gens efficiently.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 2,333

Given they all know the person is being camped, and aren’t all going to the hook at the same time, and no Deadlock or Ruin... see the problem here?

edited November 2021

How is Ruin a problem if Bubba isn’t chasing people off gens? It has literally no effect.

And we’re talking here about higher skill survivors for balance purposes who should have a pretty good idea when the killer is camping. The top survivors don’t even try to do a save until close to a hook stage ending.

P.S. No doubt Deadlock is a good perk, that’s why it’s gaining popularity.

• awustzdnawustzdn Member Posts: 147

Bubba's fine. He's still a low mobility killer at the end of the day, just play safer against him than you normally would and know where the windows are in the event he makes a big deadzone because he ate all the pallets.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 1,444
    edited November 2021

That survivors have to show more forward thinking than a common mayfly?

Bubba is loud as hell, even with insidious he's a massive guy, easy to spot, especially now that every map is daytime.

Ruin only takes effect if you leave the gen, and is a breakable totem.

Deadlock only affects one gen at a time, upon completing a gen, and doesn't block for that long, especially if the killer isn't leaving the hook to check the gen that was blocked, which is about 50% of the purpose of the perk. With ruin it could get some progress reversed, but not really a ton and again, only as long as the totem is standing, which in the current meta (especially with boons) isn't long at all.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,715

As others have said, that's a problem with Billy not getting enough return for the skill it takes to be good with him

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 1,116

Yes, against beginners.