Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I just can't do it anymore

I barely play killer as it is so I already have a very low SBMM rating, but most matches I lose because I'm getting utterly destroyed. There's just not enough high-ranking Killer players in my area, so all these high-ranking survivors are going up against players like myself. I'm trying to get a daily challenge done with Pyramid Head, and I've had two back-to-back matches now with survivors just running loops around me, flashlight clicking, and I just can't deal with it anymore. The last match I had just one hook. That's it. ONE HOOK! This SBMM is a joke.

Comments

• CookieBearCookieBear Member Posts: 1,620

Well, no one is forcing you to do it.

• JexxTronJexxTron Member Posts: 228

Sir SweetTerror. I finally get what you are saying. Same thing happens to me. I am in the PST zone and when I play at 7:AM, I get easy wins but by 9:AM the flashlights and loopers are taking me for a ride. I also cannot complete the Pyramid Head challenge. Bravo to you for playing the Pyramid Head.

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 718

I really think high rank killers quitted playing for some reason since devs implemented the new MMR.

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 594

If you can't take it, this game is not for you.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,404

best thing you can do is take a break or play survivor.

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,263

Yeah during the morning to mid-afternoon hours I have been facing the sweatiest of survivor teams, and it's just not fun at all. I'm fine with losing a match, but when a well coordinated SWF is able to prevent me from getting anything done, then that means I ended the match with the most paltry of blood points, and experiencing that during a blood hunt is so incredibly depressing.

• gammatsunamigammatsunami Member Posts: 477
    edited November 2021

I feel the same, this is the least I have ever enjoyed the game. Even when I get a 4k I feel bad as I think damn, I am going to vs gods now.

To get a fun match I have had to afk 4 or 5 matches in a row to drop my MMR a bit.

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,192

I feel like I go through this every few months and after last night's game, I'm wondering if I'll finally be smart enough to actually quit quit. Just pure frustration going up against the SWF Hit Squads who go out of their way to take advantage of broken mechanics to not only win but to make it as miserable as humanly possible for the killer.

So like usual, I've uninstalled but I'll probably see you all again in a week when my stupid tiny brain only thinks about the 1 in 10 awesome games instead of the usual DBD experience of either curb stomping survivors or getting curb stomped...

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,681

If you believe that there aren’t enough high skill killers playing the game then changing the MMR system doesn’t help your problem. The matchmaking could be totally perfect and there would still not be any high skill players to face all the high skill survivors in that scenario, so you’d still be put in matches against higher tier opponents regardless.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 4,669

The new mmr is no improvement over what we had before. If a group of survivors(random or swf) is in que and theres no killer in your range. It will throw the first person available.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 725

Not with the current amount of killers. As OP said there's not enough high MMR Killers so let's say your a 1200 MMR Killer you will be faced against let's say a 6000+MMR survivor team over 20+ times then you "may" face a team around your MMR.....maybe.....right now MMR is not working well because of the current number of active killers.

I literally faced the same SWF in 3 separate matches, not back to back but still.....its making Killer not very fun. I even play to have fun but the troll survivors are getting annoying.....I can hear clicky click in my sleep now.

The issue is that its WAAAAAY too easy to Smurf your MMR down as survivor. At least with Emblems you had multiple things that contributed to ranking up, not saying I want the emblem system back just maybe have MMR affected by the same scoring system.

Well my suggestion instead of going afk (unless they are hostage takers then afk away) just play to be silly and have fun. Don't get too involved I'm chases, when hooking someone and you see a player waiting to unhook them just step back and motion them to take the unhook, just be silly about it, try out weird combos of perks out just for shlits and giggles. After I started doing that, alot of the God Teams I faced weren't so Toxic and allowed me to get a K or just allowed me to farm points off them before they ran out the doors.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 3,681

The old system was even more susceptible to smurfing since your rank reset every month. And in both systems a selfish jerk could just go afk or die on hook if you intentionally wanted to throw the match.

Yeah but what I mean is have the scoring system for MMR have more than just Escapes, Deaths, and Kills.....that doesn't show any skill but maybe for killer to get a K with a Death Squad....

• RalaraRalara Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2021

It is not about sbmm, it is all about toxicity. If someone just stomp you, it feels bad but without all that bs you just take the loss and move on. But if they swarm you/tb/click/wait it can be really draining even if you "don't care, just a game lol".

And developers can solve this by giving us block list.

• RipleyRipley Member Posts: 221

Getting 4 Cage of Atonements is ridiculous daily to do. I'm going to skip it after it took me 5 matches to get done. Most of them were really not fun.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,493

Mornings are where I run into the monster squads with kanji/Spanish names who are just far beyond my level. I'm still trying to think of a fun combination of 'Hag' and 'morning' to call these play sessions, as that's the only killer I can really contest them with.

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,263

It's not only you so don't feel bad. When this game fires on all cylinders it is a blast to play! It's why we keep coming back. But then reality hits us over the head with just how broken this game can be, and when you couple that with just how sweaty playing Killer has now become, it's just not fun.

• tippy2k2tippy2k2 Member Posts: 2,192

Pretty much and as shocked as some may be by this, curb stomping my opponent isn't all that much fun either (though at least then I'm not controller smashing frustrated).

It's felt like this for a while but Nu-MMR seems to have really exasperated the issue where those rare "win or lose by the finest of finest of finest hairs" that make the frustration worth it get rarer and rarer and rarer...

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 812

I got several games where the survivors chose to not try. I guess because I was pinhead. Well screw me for wanting to play someone else. Cost me my decent addons that I haven't tried and just ending it like we all wanted pushed my mmr up over the hump to outmatched squads whose only goal is to harass.

The killers viability has dropped and the great new mmr doesn't help.

I am SO ready for vhs.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2021

I have found a huge issue with this.

You don't play -> you get worse, right?

but your MMR doesn't get reset anymore, so I didn't play for almost two months and I can't play my mains now...

Edit: I just played Cenobite (I suck at him, only few games) and got 4k (playtime) survivors, so it doesn't matter. I can't play anything now.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 4,404

You could try playing without getting any kills for maybe 5-10 games. I don’t know how much that would help.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2021

There was guy that tried like 30 games and no effect.

Problem is that a lot of killers (from what I know) stopped playing, so survivors are now matched with killers that are not supposed to be there and get destroyed.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 6,194

MMR was a terrible, TERRIBLE mistake.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,493

I don't think MMR is the problem. All MMR has done is make the balance issues and the fact that more than half the killer roster...kind of sucks incredibly apparent.

Rank based matchmaking hid these problems because high MMR players would constantly be matched against far less skilled survivors. Now that they are having somewhat more evenly matched games, they are forced into a very narrow set of 'meta' killers and builds.

BHVR is going to have to take a long, hard look at the balance of the game at higher MMRs or they are going to hemorrhage their veteran players.

• SsajbambusaSsajbambusa Member Posts: 401

Just don't bother if you are easily annoyed. Hit validation dead hard and refusal to fix broken maps makes it unwinable very, very often.

There are things you can get better at, which I can actually help you with, but you need to have thick skin to play killer. For casual, just fun time just go survivor with meme builds (cause if you go meta perks it's just boring)