Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

So why do some survivors fight over hatch?

2»

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@powerbats said:

@Poweas said:

Why does everyone hate @powerbats now? Am I missing what is wrong with them? Powerbats posts reasonable stuff and they are a good asset to the community.

Well not everyone but I do sometimes go overboard with my sarcastic/facetious responses but at the same time I don't go for all the whining/excuse making.

That probably has something to with age and being a parent of 2 adult sons I want people to accept personal responsibility. Instead there's a lot of the same people on both side who seen to do nothing but complain and make excuses.

When I call out a survivor biased person the killers don't have a problem with that but when I do it to killer biased people it's like the end of the world. The same is true for heavily biased survivor people, they like it when I call out killers but hate it when I do it to them.

The arguments and excuses are always the same though like it's get to rank 1 before your opinion matters but when you get there they change to well rank means nothing.

Oh ok right.

• DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Poweas said:

@DocOctober said:
    powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

Survivors really just care about points and the Hatch gives a bonus of 2,000 Bloodpoints.

I could care less about the 2k points to be honest when all is said and done and we could turn your argument around and say the same for killers.

I won't even start. You annoy me to no end.

Why does everyone hate @powerbats now? Am I missing what is wrong with them? Powerbats posts reasonable stuff and they are a good asset to the community.

To me, he is nothing but a troll.

I know that @Orion disagrees with that, but what we both agree on is that some stuff powerbats says around here could quite well be considered trolling, even though it probably stems from a lack of game knowledge.

I have no patience to deal with him, hence why I don't bother with him if possible.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

@DocOctober said:

@Poweas said:

@DocOctober said:
    powerbats said:

@DocOctober said:

Survivors really just care about points and the Hatch gives a bonus of 2,000 Bloodpoints.

I could care less about the 2k points to be honest when all is said and done and we could turn your argument around and say the same for killers.

I won't even start. You annoy me to no end.

To me, he is nothing but a troll.

I know that @Orion disagrees with that, but what we both agree on is that some stuff powerbats says around here could quite well be considered trolling, even though it probably stems from a lack of game knowledge.

I have no patience to deal with him, hence why I don't bother with him if possible.

Ok. I won't get in the middle of it then lol. I will get flamed by both of you :3.

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    So i just had a match where the other survivor let one bleed out. I had only hooked that one once(the one whom bled out) and it wasnt wven a hatch game
  • fluffybunnyfluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    I found a hatch and showed the other survivor wherw it was we healed each other. I decided hey let me do the right thing and give it to em?

I mean that one helped me fix three gens, i understand when their potatos but i cant count how many times another survivor offered up another just for a hatch
    I think there's an achievement and you get more points. I only take it when last and don't mind if someone else wants it. 
  • WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,123
    It just gives more points- it’s more of a risky pursuit if you want the hatch (since you can get caught, and grabbed very easily), the survivors usually do one of these things.
    a. Want extra points
    b. found or had a purple or pink(or red) key
    c. worried about killer camping exit
    Those are my reasons for hatch anyway, not sure about the others.
  • jobascojobasco Member Posts: 32

Some players have the mindset that 'they deserve hatch' because they did xyz & some players don't think of it as a 'last resort' escape but rather their preferred way of escaping.

I personally try to play for gens/door escape. If I stumble across the hatch as the last survivor I, of course, won't deny its loving embrace, but it's not a 'I need this' type of thing for me.