Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How much salt do you get on your steam profiles?

Comments

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,610

None. I don't play scummy.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,565

The only time I'll camp is when someone's teabagging or flicky flicky macro'ing me.

Otherwise, I'm pretty chill.

I still regularly get cussed out in postgame.

Bring addons and win? 'OMG carried nub scrub killre uninstal reported hacker'

Play a strong killer/use meta perks and win? 'x killer/perk so OP sweaty tryhard l2p'

Play a rare killer or use odd perks and win? 'srsly just play normally scrub y u so sweaty?'

Give a team a chance to farm after a DC? 'reported for holding game hostage just end'

Don't give a team a chance to farm after a DC? 'reported for unsportsmanlike I know the devs enjoy ur ban'.

Lose or go easy on people? 'LOL babykiller games full unninstall'.

This game...tends to bring out the worst in folks.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 392

I wish I did, but I'm such a good sport by default.

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 1,322

I used to get a considerable amount of negative comments. These days, not so much. Not really sure why tbh.

• JoByDaylightJoByDaylight Member Posts: 658

You did too much bones?

No seriously this community really is not that bad compared to others..

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,771

I don't play scummy either, but I still get quite a lot.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,712

I had one call me a dumb e-thot after I dc'd from a game where I ran the killer for 3 gens and got left to second hook and then tunneled after.

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 5,000

Yes, well they reported me because they would randomly be in the dying state. I was using Honing stone

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 7,129
    edited November 2021

My profile is private. So none

But during my streams. A LOT. Ive even had people join my discord while I was offline just to talk #########

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 5,227

Not much. And I delete it unless it's funny. One obnoxious team started ranting on my profile calling me too sweaty for my own good and playing trickster because I wanted to bone him, that was allowed to stay.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,688

None. I know I'm bad at gaming and made sure to keep my profile private from the start.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

Not much, I get salt in end game chat not in my profile even though it is public.

The only salt comment I've gotten in my profile was someone calling me a tunneler after I hook 2 other survivors then saw him in the basement with bbq.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,404

Eh, Killers dodge for everything. My Lobby got dodged 6 times, probably because one Survivor had a Toolbox.

Another time the whole lobby got dodged because we were all ready. Killers complain about quickswitches, but if there are 4 Survivors without Items, all on ready, they are also scared and dodge.

But for real, nobody should see that I have a few hundred hours in Super Seducer.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 2,766

Before I made my profile friends-only, I got 2 in total I think. Given about a year of playtime, I don't think that's a whole lot, considering what you all get.

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 455
  • IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,115

I disabled it.

And sometimes people try to add me to friends only for flaming me in chat, it's pretty funny because they think I'll accept them.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,371

I never understand the idea of putting -rep on a killers profile because 1. He can just delete it 2. No one can see who the killer is until they die/the match is over, and at that point knowing they're "low rep" isn't very helpful, is it?

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,565

Eh...

It's not pre Tribunal LoL bad or original DoTA bad, and it's miles from early XBLive or Smite bad but it's still pretty awful at times.

It's because this game can be frustrating. Take a game I had earlier.

Playing Doctor. Wind up on Grim Pantry with that frigging log right in front of the boat, forming the pseudo-infinite. Yay. And I'm up against a 3-man.

Game starts rough, 3 gens pop before my first down. However, after I hook the Bill, the other survivors leave him to almost die because one is too busy showing off that - yes - she can play the log-boat infinite basically forever and the other two are healing or something.

I end up chasing the one on the boat over to the hook - she unhooks in front of my face. Fine. I hit her, then hit Bill (for some reason) attempts to bodyblock (maybe he thought he had BT or something?) and down him again, then down her. Feel a bit bad because he had a rough bounce, so I back off and let their friend them heal him up.

They end up stomping me - just hugging that damn boat loop every time I chase. And of course, Bill sits in the exit gates with his two chums teabagging away, then I get told to uninstall in postgame by all 3.

Welp, now I'm going to be playing no-mercy games for a bit because sod all survivors on principle. No streamers for you!

And that's how the cycle of toxicity continues.

Sigh.

• Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,273

I'm on xbox but I have messages to friends only because I don't have time for salty comments.

• JoByDaylightJoByDaylight Member Posts: 658
    edited November 2021

Not everyone is like this! :)

Hope you had better games/experiences the rest of the night.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,036

I'm on Xbox so none.

People can't even message me anymore. Finally bit the bullet and accept that the days of having good DBD interactions are over, I only get told to kill myself now.

I made the mistake of turning off my messages, but not making my profile private though. People just started messaging people on my friend's list instead. I have family members and close friends on there, so, that was really uncool of them.

• RoaderFrostRoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

There is info field, in my steam profile mentioning that I have "network issues" in DbD lately. But I turned my Hex: VPN on before leaving info. Yes I'm horrible person.

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 451

A lot since I play blight, but sometimes people realize I’m not cheating or using macros and that I’m just a good blight and +rep me. Haven’t gotten any +reps since mmr tho

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,771

Same, but people usually rage in the endgame chat more. People commonly refer blight as a killer who takes "no skill".

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 948
    edited November 2021

NONE. This crap fest convinced me to go as private as possible. I'm tired of people checking my profile and being insulting. I know they're little dicked smurfs but it does wear on you. I play a killer I normally don't with a meme build and they want to give me ######### because I didn't so well with perks I can't even recognize by the icon or remember the effect of. I don't take friend requests. I have no sympathy for survivors even when I am one. We have to screw up pretty bad to not escape and all you have to do is camp a pallet and run to another one. If people don't hide the instant they hear the TR they can all escape a bubba if they brought the meta.

Games #########.

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 451

Literally the killer that has the biggest skill floor and ceiling in the entire game, you gotta know everything about your movement and the survivor’s

• FreddoFreddo Member Posts: 130

I have a lot of -reps, but some are from friends messing around, I do have a lot from 2019, I remember getting called a hacker for using BBQ on billy. (Bless his soul). I usually ignore it and my friends respond to it.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,371

I have now had the honor of having someone go to a random screenshot from another game entirely to comment about me and DBD, because my profile comments are private but screenshots aren't private. It wasn't even a DBD screenshot. So I guess I got that.

• MsterflexMsterflex Member Posts: 126

I don’t get that. I want to play against a experienced person. It’s the only way to get better