Streaming DBD w/ NVENC causes issues

xxiBlazzexxiBlazze Member Posts: 12
edited 8:08AM in Technical issues

So while streaming DBD I get random driver crashes where you hear the windows sound and my monitors lose signal. Then from there I have to restart my pc. This only happens when I stream dbd and it can happen at whatever quality option I choose for the game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and using older versions but doesnt seem to help. Any help on this?

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
Cooling: Corsair Hydro v100i
Case: NXZT s340
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti
RAM: 16GB corsair vengeance
Hard drive: 2TB
Power Supply: 500w bronze plus

Post edited by xxiBlazze at
Tagged:

Comments

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 140

Have you checked if Windows Event Viewer has any errors logged about that?

What tempatures does your CPU and GPU have while streaming and playing DbD?
    Also your PSU could be the issue but I am not expert in that area so I don't know how to check that.

What resolution and fps do you stream at? Try lowering it to 720p30fps or less and see if the issue gets fixed or not. Same for bitrate, try a lower one.

Also make sure to turn off other recodering software if any.
    For example I can't have Nvidia shadowplay/share and OBS running at the same time because my graphics card can't handle DbD with two recorders at once and the game just crashes.

• xxiBlazzexxiBlazze Member Posts: 12

So the GPU temps usually average around 50 degrees Celsius. I only come across this issue when streaming DBD, no other games give me this problem. And I use the same stream settings for everything I stream. I stream at 1080p60fps. Like I can stream COD BO4 and med/high settings with the same obs settings and have no issues. And yea I dont run any other recording software in the background. No I havent check windows even viewer, not to familiar with it. I've seen others report this issue and a lot of people state that its the PSU but I don't know if that's the case here, considering it only happens when I stream DBD

See the attachment.

Check under Windows -> System for OS issues and Windows -> Applications for software issues/game issues.

SO under system I have one error around the time I crashed, and under applications I have several warnings but not really sure what they mean

Do they mention anything about the crashing driver, GPU or displays turning off?
    Or are they of something else entirely?

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,418

Your psu seems really underpowered despite probably being told it's fine but that 1080 Ti is rated for 600w minimum and realistically you'd want a 750w.

This is the system error
    This is the application warnings
    I guess I would try to upgrade to 750w and see if that helps this issue.

That COM Server CLSID error is just a bug from the many Windows 10 build upgrades where the update fails to grant permissions for... a lot of applications.

For example I have 727(!) of that error in my Event Viewer and it doesn't crash anything or cause any errors, as far as I am aware of..
    But for others it causes issues and crashes with different games, at least that is what Google tells me.

If you really want to fix those see this, https://www.itexperience.net/2018/12/02/event-id-10016-fix-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-for-the-com-server-application-with-clsid/

Do you think following the 20 steps and fixing that error will fix the DBD error?

I also found other warnings and errors around the time of the first crash.

edited January 8

Open Event Viewer, select Windows logs, system, filter current logs -> type 10016 in place of <Search all event IDs>

If the 10016 error only happens when your monitors turn off then it's a worth a try but if the error has happened weeks before the crash then it's unrelated to your issue.

See attachment.

Yea I just checked and I've gotten the 10016 event before today and it wasnt on a day where I've gotten a DBD crash so don't think its related.

@xxiBlazze said:
    I also found other warnings and errors around the time of the first crash.

Error #1: Nvidia graphics driver crashed
    Error #2: Monitors going black.. I think
    Error #3: What Windows driver is it referring to? It's not fully visible..
    Error #4: Weird one, gives different Google results with two keywords, both related to Nvidia drivers, see these keywords in Google;

hardlock blocking nvidia drivers monitor goes black
    hardlock blocking nvidia drivers

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 5,418

Yes that will work just fine for you since they recommend a minimum of 600w and as long as you're not overclocking you should be fine.

okay thanks, gets here tomorrow, hopefully that solves it. If not I'll update here.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,550
    edited January 8

The EVGA is a good PSU, that should be more than adequate to power the 1080Ti.

Also, check your windows updates - a couple of people have had this problem because Windows has overwritten the Nvidia drivers with their own on the most recent updates. Make sure you are using the most recent driver, you can download it directly from the Nvidia website.

The 2nd error on your list is usually connected with a USB device or a wireless keyboard (they've had a few issues with those and Win 10 recently as well).

Okay so recent update. I got the new PSU and for awhile everything was working fine. No crashes until now :/ Got the same kind of crash and I also got a new kind of crash. Ill post the picture down below. It starts to crash all my other programs as well. I have also noticed that when I stream and I have an alert pop up, that causes lag in my game and weird key functions / movements. Not sure how to explain it but it makes my game act weird, like it'll move me in a direction im not clicking while i get a bit of lag.

Okay so after my pc restarted. The game uninstalled itself on steam. Not sure how or why but that happened.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 1,550

That's quite a common issue with Steam - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998

Are you using NVENC encoding on OBS? If you are, try using Intel's Quick Sync instead - that will use the chipset instead of your 1080.

Okay so I havent got the display driver crash anymore, but now I constantly get the "out of video memory" crash now every time I stream. Its only been happening recently. When I check my utilization on my task manager for GPU its only around 35 percent and the memory being used is very minimal, considering I have a 1080ti. The game crashes and crashes some of my other applications including OBS. Is there no way of streaming with NVENC? Because I can stream any other game just fine like that. I've tried using x264 but I get constant frames drops due to high cpu usage.