Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

We 100% NEED Built-in anti-tunnel

Comments

• JoaoVanBlizzardJoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 223

I've always been against the fact that the killer needs to be kind so that the survivor can have fun, I've always believed that both sides need to face each other with all their strength at all times, but I see a need to have something native in the game that reduces the camper. and the abusive tunnel, just as I think there shouldn't be an alert when someone is taken off the hook, this should have been a perk and not something given for free. but I think what it could have was a kind of native bT and not necessarily a DS to keep us from getting off the hook and already falling for the killer.

• TheRe4per71TheRe4per71 Member Posts: 48

As a person who has played this atleast once a day for ATLEAST 2 hours a day for the past month I can honestly say playing survivor, especially solo, is EXTREMELY frustrating. In 10 matches played I average about 4 or 5 games where I am hard tunneled off of a hook and atleast 1 game where Im camped. This game is not "one sided" in favor or survivors only a killer main would say that. A survivor gets penalized for spamming a window. NOTHING happens to a killer for sitting in front of someone. The real problem is with some of this community. The game resets everyone's ranks on the 13th of every month, now that the game is free on epic store there's about to be alot of noobs playing this you think they are gonna stick around when every killer they go against is tunneling and camping? It is HURTING the game and pushing away potential new players from sticking around I know I'm getting quite sick of it already.

• JoaoVanBlizzardJoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 223

Hmm... I agree, it's fair, I even thought that the survs could have goals that unlock the generators before starting to use them, it could be according to the kileller he faces, an example, if it were Slender (yeah just example folks) would need to find the 8 pages on the map so the generators can be fixed, I don't mind that there are things like that, as long as it makes the game fun and less boring.

• UnifallUnifall Member Posts: 749

For some background of myself I also play dbd more than I should. That being said I've played since the clown came out. And have been making it to iri rank 1 on both sides since then. I get it its frustrating to get camped or tunneled out the game since I also only play solo and have been playing swf once in a while. Honestly I prefer solo sometimes but thats just me. If you're a decent survivor you could easily loop the killer for 3 gens. Yeah your team mates might be bad but thats the mmr. If you're playing 2 hours a day you should take a break from survivor and try killer. Right now survivor is stronger than ever with boons and people in general getting better at the game. If 1 survivor leaves then its no problem someone else takes the spot. But if 1 killer leaves? That will hurt or potentially kill the game. Thats why im a bit bias to killer because killer is frustrating and most killers are underwhelming. However survivor is easy and less frustrating if you're a decent looper. So yes I do think the current game is in the favor of survivors more than killer.

Last rank reset I was an iri II killer and my survivor was a bronze I was going up against so many campers and tunnels I said I wasn't gonna play as survivor at all. I didn't have DH, BT or DS. After punching in a bunch of codes I finally got DH and BT but it cost me ALOT of BP and I could ONLY get that as the killer. I main Ghost Face and recently got the Artist and its completely broken. My last Artist game I threw on Pain Resonance, Hex:Ruin, Thrilling Tremors and Grim Embrace and there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING those survivors could do about it. I'm a iri 4 survivor now but it's still frustrating as hell and and I dislike playing survivor. My whole thing is how can you guys possibly welcome new survivors and players when you, yourselves, push them away. It's going to discourage alot of new players. Several of my friends I tried to get on here have deleted the game because of this. Everyone I speak to about this game HATES playing survivor. How is it that the game is completely survivor sided and everyone I speak to hates playing survivor?

• XStormyXDayzXXStormyXDayzX Member Posts: 416

How? How do you stop a legitimate (if not incredibly annoying and unfun) playstyle without accidentally punishing regular playing that veers too close on accident, or without just reversing the roles and giving all the power to toxic survivors instead?

• StarrseedStarrseed Member Posts: 872

That's the real question how will the ever do that? Let's say I am not that far away from the hook and I get the alert I turn around arive at the hook and all I see are two paths of scratch marks going in two different directions I can only follow one so lick decides if I'm finding the recently unhooked person.

Should I just turn around and leave so I lost valuable time? Should I be punished cause that survivor got some biuld in perks to protekt him somehow so I lose time?

In that cenario ging back to the hook. Is the smart thing when I don't know on which Gen the other are working cause I know for a fact I find someone there with build in anti tunnel it will happen that I get punishment for making that move.

With build in protection like so many want all we will see is even more cocky survs that will just brain dead heal under the hook or try to block us in the next chase cause the have some protection they don't deserv just cause they where hooked just now.

And that's the reason we don't have that already when a surv brings ds he sacrifices a perk slot for that wich is fair and square but for free nahh that can't be good if that happens I want free ruin every time a Gen gets done or free noed when no one is dead when all gens are done but let's be real you all would flip if someone would really would want that as a change but surv are talking about such things on a dayly basis in this forum

You started off pretty well but devolved into mindless whining with every sentence. This is a feedback forum, not a rant & rave. Try to atleast act like a mature composed individual

All I'm saying is that those 4 perks (and there are a couple of others) made it really difficult for anyone to Gen rush me and I wasn't camping nor tunneling anyone I would pass people by that got unhooked to go after healthy survivors and STILL 5 gen'ed on 2 separate occasions with these 4 perks I mentioned last and I know there are other perks that work in conjunction. That being said there has to be something done with camping a hook. There has to.

Noone camps a hook on accident lol I don't have TOO bad of an issue with tunneling because I've stuck around and got better perks my absolute biggest issue is camping a hook. Also the "just get DS" maybe not everyone has money to pay to get all the characters, then level them all up to 30 and get all the teachable perks seems alittle unfair don't you think? The pay wall in order for me to get a better perk to survive longer against the killer?

That's true it is kinda p2w cause the really good perks often lie behind a pay even if it's a char I can buy with shards it's extra grind+.

But a thing I just talked about with my wife is how unfair it seems when you look at the tepical meta perks survs run and where you get them from (please go easy on me I could be wrong I'm not that informed about the meta perks) but you get dh unbreakable bt ironwill and adrenaline from chars you just have at the start. But killers have a harder time in my mind ruin undying pop corrupt all come from dlcs

You were almost right. DH is DLC. Ruin is not DLC

• Fnatic47Fnatic47 Member Posts: 297
    edited December 2021

And Killers need a huge anti Gen Rush build 😏 You survivors just need calm down with Gen Rush and the Tunnel and Camp may end... I am not even gonna talk about tbags and clickers with flashlights... In other words "Survivors stop be annoyed"

Wait I got David from the start but not the hag so I'm right is there a difference between the systems maybe I'm on pc

• pizzaduffyhp90pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 572

or you could just run DS, Unbreakable, BT, and all the other perks that help

That doesn't help when teammates farm you killers solo queue which means there is less of them but less room for error on account of other people. Solo queueing as survivor means you could POTENTIALLY have 3 very good survivors backing you up, 3 complete idiots or a mixture of those 2 outcomes and 7 times outta 10 if your hooked once your pretty much guaranteed to die

• ProfSinfulProfSinful Member Posts: 137

I prefer to call it the "I have 60 seconds of doing whatever I want" perk.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 544

Killers tunnel and camp regardless of whether or not they're being genrushed.

True no matter how balanced the game is you will always see killer doing it cause 1. They can and 2. They know you hate it but If the game was balanced the majority of killers would not so it cause its unfun af for us but at the moment it atleast ensures a 1k and that has nothing to do with gi gut or anything because even if I'm the worst killer ever I should get matched with the forst survs ever but the current matchmaking let's you rise to the top in mmr with killer after just a couple of games and you can really feel it.

My wife never plays killer cause she gets motion sick so her overall killer mmr must be bottom she asked me. If I would do some challenges for her and cause she has killer I don't have. After three in numbers 3!! Games I had the same difficulty I have with My killer main account and I didn't even played for 4ks or anything just chilling doing a 2k at max and doing some old challenges this can't be right

• SsajbambusaSsajbambusa Member Posts: 409

Then make noed, corrupt and bloodwarden base kit too.

If survivors need anti tunnel/camp measures by default, killers need anti genrush stuff.

Oh, not so fun all of the sudden?

Don't make stupid saves, genrush killers who camp and leave then with 1/2 hooks. That's how you solve the issue. Devs literally gave you all the tools needed, use them or at least don't cry if you refuse to use them.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 3,754

Without the right perks and/or coordination (i.e. solo queue), camping and tunneling wins out every time. You simply cannot complete five generators and open the gates in time mathematically.

I don’t get why people don’t understand this and keep saying to do it.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 966

Sounds like a team issue, not a Killer issue. You got farmed by your team.

• SsajbambusaSsajbambusa Member Posts: 409

@GoshJosh Kindred

• YukiShiori21YukiShiori21 Member Posts: 40

Killers don't tunnel random survivors, we tunnel the weak ones so we have better chance to win.

Two words. GET GOOD.

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

Unsafe unhooks should grant a BT effect on the unhooked survivor and an exposed status on the unhooker, so that they think it twice before farming teammates and still feeds the hook to the killer.

All that will do is further encourage a killer to stand around and punch someone on the hook, because if anyone tried to save them the killer gets an effort free down. Thankfully I'm certain BHVR would never even consider such a ridiculous idea.

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

That's fair. I didn't think it through lol The least we need are more campers

Ya, unfortunately anything new put into this game needs to be analyzed as a 'how can this be exploited by the worst survivors and killers' before it's implemented. Sucks but is what it is lol

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 3,754

Tired of perk 'solutions' to have a decent match, thanks though.