Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Spirit going into Billy level of obscurity

MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

I legit have not seen a Good spirit or a Spirit doing well ever since her Nerf. Ripo.

Comments

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,292

I want to play her, but to do that I would have to do endless level grinding. Though I don't think that would help your desire for good Spirits. :T

• FantasyFantasy Member Posts: 376

I'll play some spirit today, she's still good. Might spice it up with some prayer beads so my movement can't be tracked as easy.

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I'm doing fine with her.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,097

May she rest in piece, then.

• Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,155

The same, people just don't play her as much and I worry that she may have the same faith in terms of pick-rate.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,593

I never seen her even before the nerf, now its more, maybe once in 50 games?

She is not scary like blight or nurse anymore so people playing other killers instead.

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

But it's especially bad in this one. Even after the Nurse nerf. You can still see God nurses here and there on a lucky day. But the pick rate on Spirit is noticeably low at least from my experience and haven't seen a Good spirit after the nerf. Bizarre really.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,440

The good Freddy players were removed along with the second nerf to his power. Hence why I said he fell off.

The good Spirit players? @TheGannMan you've been called.

The good Billy players? Overheat. The only thing that needed a change were InstaSaw and they gutted the whole killer. Idiotic idea and I wish they'd get rid of it again.

Also I like you bringing up Billy despite me never mentioning him in my original comment. Really relevant there

• AkiTheKittenAkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

Like I've said, they should revert her collision nerf so both sides now have equal amount of information

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,438

Idk, I still see them once in a while.

For me it goes something like Plague-Doctor-Deathslinger-Spirit-Blight not particularly in that order but.

"Nurse got a massive swing of the Hammer and down she went, taking both good and terrible Nurses down with her (good players couldn't deal with the bugs, bad players couldn't be asked now they no longer had 4 blinks without downsides, or old OmegaBlink:tm: to basically guarantee wins)."

Hey so I've highlighted something that might be relevant to your comment hope you enjoy

• legacycoltlegacycolt Member Posts: 927

Blight. I just played a match against a blight that walked backwards. I’m assuming that’s what people call Lag flick. There are more things to do with him that controller players cant. I really hope he gets a fix so both console and pc are on par with this killer.

• Seth__Seth__ Member Posts: 1,155
    edited December 2021

------------------

Post edited by Seth__ on
  • Nathan13Nathan13 Member Posts: 5,578

I don't see her much but I've been playing her and I've had fun.

• KasamskyKasamsky Member Posts: 229

I still play her from time to time and i think she is still a decent killer. Mindgames and fakes still work around small loops because most survivors don't trust their reaction time. Mothers Daughter Ring + Dried Cherry Blossom is hands down the best add-on combination on her especially against Iron Will gamers.

However just like most killers she sucks to play on the new map.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,507
    edited December 2021

For Nurse, it is true. Otz even had a video on his channel just a few days ago stating that 3 Blinks Nurse is easy mode. And back in the day 3 Blinks were way more common.

I also see a good share of Nurse players nowadays, not as many as before the Nerf, but more than the first few months after her Nerf.

When it comes to Spirit, she plays roughly the same. She is even easier than before, if you use MDR and the Cherry Blossom, the game plays for you at this point.

And regarding Billy, I still think that not the Overheat killed his playerbase. It was already dropping when they changed his animations before they added Overheat and nerfed the Add Ons. And up to this day Billy does not feel the same as before, his animations and FoV are different. The latter can be somewhat fixed with Shadowborn, but I totally get why someone does not want to run Shadowborn on Billy just to feel a little bit more like "old Billy".

Also his collision is so annoying. I played tons of Billy before the Nerf and since they changed the animations, I played a lot less, simply because he felt so much different.

(But also his Add Ons before were really making him easier. Billy should never had Chargetime Add Ons and his Cooldown-Add Ons made it almost not punishing to miss chainsaw hits... Let alone allowing him to change from mobility to chase way faster than nowadays)

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,056

I see Spirits still. I am on the fence about her nerf.

However, I do not think the community's reaction to the Deathslinger nerf is an exaggeration at all. That man was straight up assassinated.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,075
    edited December 2021

(Message deleted because i misunderstood what you were saying. Ignore me lol)

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,761

Spirit has probably just regressed to the mean in terms of pick rate. Prior to her nerf I think she was one of the most popular characters at higher ranks. Now she’s probably the same popularity as most of the rest of the killers in the game. And since there’s almost 30 killers so far if most of the killers are picked evenly you’ll only see a specific one at most every 30 or so games on average.

No because now I'm curious as to what you said originally 🧍

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,796

You missed Billy losing instasaw and old cracked Billy.

I miss old Billy so even the people that spammed those addons have my respect 😔

Also InstaSaw was nowhere near as prevalent as OmegaBlink, Multi-Blink, Forever Freddy, or YakuRing Stridor Spirit. He has a pass