Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

With all those Killer-good-bye threads I have been thinking...

Comments

• rharha Member Posts: 230

Well I stopped playing survivor for over a year because solo queue is such an unbearable shitshow. I am considering myself a casual player, but that doesn't mean I like to be completely out of control of the match outcome and enjoy 80% of matches being 4ks for the killer with 3-5 gens left. I just didn't feel the need to write a goodbye post just because I'm personally not having fun anymore while many others still do (besides, I wasn't really saying goodbye to the whole game, I was playing killer during that time. It's 100% the better experience because I'm fully in control and if I lose it's only up to me).

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,061

Yep. A lot of killers just want much easier games. This is also why they complain about MMR so much. Killer isn't that hard (unless you get a VERY good SWF team). It's kinda funny seeing all these threads at this point, though. Very entertaing to read.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,334
    edited December 2021

The name is sheer irony.

It's not a matter of 'being good'.

When I can play 10 matches out with the same build, same level of skill and same style, but:

• Stomp game 1 because I got queued into newbies on DDS
    • Get stomped in 2 because I'm playing Pig and got sent to Haddonfield, The Game or Badham
    • Win 2 because a survivor DCed the second I down them
    • Get stomped in 1 because someone is hacking/lag switching
    • Win 1 because survivors couldn't find the hooked survivor/boxes in RPD
    • Win 1 because survivors got unlucky with boxes and their heads exploded
    • Get stomped in 2 because I got queued into a fully stacked SWF with 10,000 hours between them to my 300

Then my lack of enjoyment doesn't come down to 'play better' - it comes down to design problems and the community.

• themoobs1984themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619

Difference between knowing what they are doing and being just plain evil in how they play. I’m fine with a team not being complete noobs. I’m not fine with map offerings, DH, DS, BT, and two flashlights. Add on the rude behavior, trolling, and hit validation. It’s too much.

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 382

those killer mains who make these threads are just baiting. they're really not leaving, they're just hoping that bhvr will make the game easier for them by expressing the woes of killer. if they were really leaving, why tf would you open a thread? just move on to the next game then

edited December 2021

No, I usually only say that when I get accused of being a noob survivor main by all the salty killers on this forum. I am allowed to post as long as I'm not breaking the rules and I will continue to do so.

Shrug. That's on you then. Just remember - it's fine to be wrong, but when you stubbornly stick to your guns despite people spelling out in great detail why you are wrong and your only response is 'no u' - then you really are just embarrassing yourself. And this is the case whenever anyone tries to have a discussion with you.

Your constant, ever changing 'x is fine, I play that killer' responses really do not contribute anything to a discussion besides derailing it.

Is that your intention?

Because it's entirely possible to really like something, but also point out it's flaws and give feedback on how to fix them.

Naturally, this is the internet - so any feedback you agree with is amazing and if the devs don't implement it immediately they clearly don't care about their game, and any feedback you disagree with is whining and should probably just get people permabanned.

• JeanCharpentierJeanCharpentier Member Posts: 60

Honestly, i have a burn out with DbD, and i'm playing both sides.

The game is unfair, there is always something that is unfair, everytime.

• Killer gameplay is way to redundant to be fun
    • Killers are too weak
    • Too many design flaws with bad maps, too many perks, too many clunky actions, gen rush...
    • Too much camping/tunneling
    • Too much reward with low skill mechanics

I have around 2000 hours. Never felt so bad with DbD. I just don't want to play anymore.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 506

I honestly have a hard time (without accusing anyone specific) believing all those "I play killer and survivors equally and I have no problem getting 4ks while playing casually".

Apparently it's just "SBMM doing its job". I guess that a lot of this people haven't really experienced the killers side in a meaningful way, besides doing a daily ritual here or there. Playing survivors a few days opened my eyes to how aweful real tunneling feels. But really aweful SWF stomp groups won't show up just at the casual low ranks.

Sorry if this comes over as entitled or salty, for I am not salty at all.

edited December 2021

No you didn't, but I'm not going to spend another hour going around in circles with you again.

Just understand that when people are frustrated and making balance suggestions, popping into their threads and just negating everything without trying even slightly to defend this negation, all you are doing is derailing them.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 10,507

Going into a thread and giving my opinion on the topic being discussed isn't derailing it. If you or anyone else has a problem with my posts, then feel free to ignore them.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 506

Indeed, every view and opinion is valued in asserting the situation at hand, not just the ones confirming our biases. So keep going on.

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,366

Stressful survivor game - tunnelled and over in 2 mins; possible abuse by 1 person.

Stressful killer game - taunted and immasculated for 20mins; potentially abused at the end by 4 people.

I know which my mental health would prefer.

• conqueror_worm__conqueror_worm__ Member Posts: 55

I stopped reading the thread at this post because it is completely spot on.

I'm up to the red ranks for survivor and I'm at silver 1 on killer, I play survivor more often but I still put in a fair bit of time with killer, I'll probably have 3 survivor games to 1 killer game but I enjoy both, yes killer can be extremely unrewarding and at times downright unenjoyable, pop back onto survivor have a couple of chilled out games and then go back to killer.

And when I say that killer can be extremely unrewarding it can also be a helluva lot more rewarding than survivor.

escaping a game after escaping three chases getting 2 unhooks and popping 3 gens is nowhere near as rewarding as nailing your perks, acing all of your chases and getting 4k with only one or two gens pop as killer

• MarigoriaMarigoria Member Posts: 3,519

You don't see many killer mains "leaving" you see a lot of them announcing it just because they want attention.

Pretty much this.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,392

Don't bother with how much killer this guy claims to play he doesn't have time to play survivor. Everyone of his post are killer is ez I 4k no perk gg get gud posts.

edited December 2021

Nope. I play both sides equally. 🤷‍♂️

Edit- When have I said I don't use perks? I've only ever said I don't use addons because I like the extra challange and it feels more rewarding. I also don't 4K every game. I struggle just like others sometimes when I go against a good SWF team. I don't go against swat squads every game like apparently all of these other killers do.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 4,985
    edited December 2021

I think much of the balance of DBD is subjective and mostly tied that person’s own experience. So for some people playing “sweaty” is playing normal, for others playing “casual” is playing bad, and for the ones that don’t care “casual” is normal mode. Etc.

I believe there is an in between, and also the balance changes based on skill of the person and perks brought. Not because the perks are not balanced but because of the RNG-based concept DBD has. Where you could bring something that doesn’t even help you in the situations you are about to face, because, there is no way of knowing them ahead of time.

I have had so many matches where a killer might have brought a nasty slow down build (they do exist). Survivors were still able to push gens even though it might have taken forever and the killer still thought they were “genrushed” even though they might have gotten 9 out of the 12 hooks. That to me is illogical, the same way I consider someone who has not tried playing survivor speaking on survivor perks, and vice versa… illogical.

Anyway, the point is they want the system to hit the sweet spot, but I personally don’t think that will be possible all the time. Considering that RNG plays a big part (maps, set ups, gen/totem/hook spawns, casual vs non-casual, etc.)

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,831

These 2 post charts were 2 matches next to each other.

From a team that didnt know where to ran, how to loop. MMR up and suddenly everyone knew how to loops with DH.

Both matches, I play Spirit without using power, only 110% chase, no tunnel, no camp, no kill secure.

The left match, I gave everyone 4 hooks stages (I would slug anyone on death hook for the 4th chance) and still 4k (16 hooks total). The right match, 6 hooks. Of course I could 4k the right team if I use power, better perks, tunnel/camp.

But this is just an example that shows the gap between 2 teams once your MMR makes 1 step up is huge. It can go between boring to stressful match in a note.

• TheSubstituteTheSubstitute Member Posts: 191

I'm currently at Iri 1 for killer and Iri 3 for survivor (solo queue). I most certainly do not get 4Ks each match and when I got my MMR back down to a level where matches are enjoyable again I alternate hooks so no survivor dies before the fifth or sixth hook so my MMR stays at an enjoyable level.

Despite not tunneling or camping, I still get BMed a few times per day and still run into bully squads of SWF whose only goal is to try to ruin my day. When I'm playing killers that are weaker or I'm unfamiliar with the BMing Increases a lot. The majority of survivors are cool and fun but there is a very significantly sized portion that is just out to ruin people's experience; I encounter more toxic survivors than I encounter toxic killers.

Survivor, even though I solo queue, is easier, less stressful, and less demanding in my experience than playing killer.

BHVR needs to step up its moderation and/or start buffing the weaker killers.

• BaldursGate2BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

That killer is too strong mimimi! I have to press one button for my main objective, that's too much work! Nobody needs more skill than we survivor mains!

• DannyjDannyj Member Posts: 18

This guy speaks the truth.

It's also the SWF or the really high rated survivor being toxic and being rewarded for it.

• SomberNokkSomberNokk Member Posts: 390

A stale gameplay loop, a busted meta and a never ending grind walk into a saloon...

• FoodntFoodnt Member Posts: 45
    edited December 2021

kindred camraderie is normaly what i take with me in soloq. and dont forget its a 4v1 if they do gens while you get camped its a 3 man escape. and tbh 70% of the time they camp with a reason (clicky,got annoyed last round, hacks,etc)