Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Poll: What does waving your arms on the hook mean?

2»

Comments

• DbD_EnjoyerDbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 456

No, i farm them because they are trolling everyone else on the match, me included, thats why i run Kindred so i know from a far if they are trolling or not, if they are, i'll do my very best to FARM and to KILL them, and when i do kill them, i go to their profile and drop some "-rep troll survivor" on their comments as a warning to those who visit their profile so they know who they are dealing with already in the lobby.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 1,733

Sometimes I see people doing it to say that the killer is camping, other times its used to say that nobody is coming, and sometimes its a way of demonstrating ones absolute impatience. For me, it doesn't convey any message anymore.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 557

If they do it immediately after being hooked, killer is camping.

If they're getting close to second stage and they start waving rapidly/fake yeeting, then it means "Come get me". That's how I interpret it anyway. Too often players will just be left to die on hook.

• MoisetteMoisette Member Posts: 123

I do it when the Killer is camping but I also do it when I see the Killer is heading towards someone nearby. If I do it immediately, then the Killer is heading towards someone. If I do it constantly, then the Killer is camping.

Like most things in this game - it doesn't mean just one thing. All people do stuff in the game for different reasons. Very confusing xD

• PukenplagPukenplag Member Posts: 1,230

So can't you understand that waving has the original meaning of "the killer is camping" but people have started using it for multiple reasons? They aren't trolling, the only one trolling is you and I'm pretty sure endorsing unsportsmanlike behaviour isn't allowed on these forums.

• KerJuiceKerJuice Member Posts: 1,198

Players waving their arms on hook just because, is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I wish players would stop doing that. I wish the community could get on the same page with this, & actually have it mean something- but that would be quite difficult.

Personally I think it should mean it’s safe to come get me, no one else is coming. As soon as you see someone coming, or the killer is returning, the hooked survivor should stop flailing. Flailing survivors make me get off my 85% gen when someone was already going for them, then I have to run back and try to finish when i see someone else go for the save. So I ran across half the map for nothing, because you were flailing out of boredom. Makes for fun times.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,975

I joined in 2018 I've known that as "camping me"