Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do people actually have a problem with Exponential?

I had a match against a streamer last night and after the match all he did was complain about me and my build (he didn't hit me once so not a single one of my perks got used btw).

He did also complain about my teammates boons as well (which I understand as CoH isn't exactly the most balanced perk in the game). However he really only had a bone to pick with me despite me only running Iron Will, Soul Guard, Exponential, and Unbreakable. I just wanted to know whether or not this person was just an outlier or if people genuinely do think that Exponential is OP

Bonus: this streamer also said that all I did was hide all match and leave my teammates to die when I literally got 8k more points than any of my teammates.

Comments

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551
    edited December 2021

Only in maps like RPD and the totem spawns in library people swarmed the hook to get downed and revived. But really it's more of an issue with boons itself not the perk though.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,385

COH is blatantly overpowered.

Exponential is fine.

• TiufalTiufal Member Posts: 932

Exponential is just a bad perk. But to be honest, killers complain about every perks survivors get. Just look into the forums before a chapter release and see threads like "Perk X is OP" "Perk Y is the new meta" "Perk Z is broken". Its always the same, and after release nothing of this is true anymore, but they still complain. Never got a broken survivor perk in ages, not even a meta perk.

• DehitayDehitay Member Posts: 1,723

Exponential is only a problem with swf bully groups. However, in those groups, IT IS A PROBLEM!

• Trex_CrazyTrex_Crazy Member Posts: 174

My main problem is just the boon mechanic in general however not the question that was asked I suppose. I personally think its a bit broken, not as bad as CoH, just because it very much affects slugging. While I don't advocate for slugging every match till you win as it isn't really fun sometimes slugging can get you out of a tough situation. I don't have an issue with unbreakable (a personal favorite of mine) or no mither (though who in their right mind slugs a no mither?) or soulgaurd because unbreakable punishes the tactic though only once, nomither I already said, and soulguard is niche but nice when it works Though all these perks have in common that they're personal and take up a fouth of your build. With exponential everyone gets a 5th perk, save you, of an unbreakable on crack. (I personally haven't run into the perk being useful because I don't slug much plus I haven't played much since the update) I think the perk needs some tweaking (like your perk has x tokens and when a survivor uses the boon to recover a token is consumed) but at the end of the day it isn't something I dread being in my match.

• GoshJoshGoshJosh Member Posts: 3,772

It's the weakest and most situational of the boons. I don't even see a reason to run it over Unbreakable or literally any other anti-slug perk.

Also, regarding your bonus... a hatch escape grants about 8k BP. So you could've left them to die. But either way, what are you supposed to do - let him kill you? Hah.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,300

Exponential blows

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,229

It's fine... That players feels like one that would complain about anything at that point

Also seeing how you did escape your build got more scrutiny

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,268

Exponential's one of those perks that's mostly useless on its own, but has the potential to be a powerhouse in a SWF. The build you're using does make it seem like you'd be able to pick yourself up stupid fast, but that's not the real threat with Exponential (and you apparently didn't use it anyway), so this is just a killer being salty and probably assuming you spent the whole game immersed. The problem case with Exponential is when a SWF brings it in a flashlight/sabo/breakdown style build, with the following formula: everyone tries to go down in an Exponential zone, everyone else pressures the killer with flashlights/pallets/sabotage so that they can't immediately pick up the down, and the survivors either get a save when the killer picks the player up, or the player picks themselves up if the killer leaves them down. But Exponential in an uncoordinated team is pretty harmless.

Well. Unless you're Twins. Twins understandably hate it too, because their cooldowns can prevent Charlotte from being able to reach a survivor they downed with Victor in that timeframe.

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 3,442

Some killers won't be happy with survivors unless they run no perks. So I wouldn't dwell on it

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 539

HA HA HA lol sry but u forgot boons exist as well as flashbang and blast mine. they are meta perks and guess what killers got. lethal pursuer which is countered with 1 perk distortion :D when killers get strong perks it's the same thing survivors complain til it's nerfed like with pinheads fun addons engie feng however i will give you this. killers aren't innocent they complain about ds and dh when all you have to do against dh is follow the surv until u are in their face then hit them instead of lunging. they will either dead hard their or wait and you get an ez down no dh needed. ds all you need to do is ignore the laurie/ unhooked person for 1 minute. also if somebody is playing like an idiot on purpose like healing in you're face just down them and leave them. that's one less person on gens or looping you.

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,267

I have a general problem with the design behind boons, mostly the fact that killers can't permanently remove them from play despite being "totem" perks.

• SonicOfflineSonicOffline Member Posts: 875

As someone who slugs and camps because I play for myself (and myself only):

I have no issues with it. I just let people come in for the res anyway, and down them again, like normal. I generally get a free hit before they can do anything with the free getup, because I just hit them and down them again. It's just a safety net that does nothing, since I'm under it cutting holes in it.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,300
  • chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited December 2021

I see them constantly. BM is just an irritation but FB can get ridiculous. It's easy to dodge but seems like they get them so easily. Neither are meta though.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,332

Combined with CoH on Midwich/Gideon I could see it being extremely obnoxious, but otherwise no.

CoH is so ######### dumb. McLean's right, it shouldn't provide a healing speed bonus. It should just allow people to heal w/o a medkit at normal speed.

• slendermansmoomslendermansmoom Member Posts: 539

i see it nonstop maybe it's just me atleast 2 people running it a round

• xBlitzAce1989xxBlitzAce1989x Member Posts: 228

As a 50/50 (Killer and Survivor) I don't even have problems with CoH. If a survivor is healing in the vicinity, there are perks to pick-up on that with and it's easy to hear unless the survivors are using Bite the Bullet. Exponential is fine just the way it is too. I've been playing for two years and RARELY will a Killer just leave a survivor on the ground unless the other players are trying to buy the downed survivor some time. I match Exponential with Flip-flop (converts recovery to wiggle) and was accused of cheating so many times because players refuse to understand what each perk does and how they can be used to their fullest. It seems that the only people really complaining are the Killers that expect a 4k every match. I don't get a 4k every match and I'm fine with that because at the end of the day... it's just a game. I am not the best Killer or Survivor but I do what I can and I find different ways to approach each match. If I had to pick a perk to be looked at though... I would say BBQ has a lot of issues. I don't actually have an issue with BBQ but I think that a lot of low-key cheaters walk into matches and hide behind that perk when in fact, they just know where everyone is. For example, Shadowstep and Distortion both block the effect of BBQ and somehow there are a few Killers that manage to just pinpoint everyone in less than two minutes.

• emetSdidnothingwrongemetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 121

The perk itself is fine, the issue is the boon mechanic in general, which will be addressed sooner or later.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,974

There's nothing particularly wrong with the boon mechanic in general. Provided the individual boon perks are balanced around that general system there's no problem. You can see that for example in how Exponential and Shadowstep generally don't generate that many complaints despite using that Boon system themselves. Circle of Healing is only an issue because its specific effects are too strong for the ease with which a survivor can get to its aura. Assuming they eventually tone down Circle of Healing's speed, etc, it'll be on par with the other perks.

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 886

I literally can't think of an instance where Exponential has actually been used -- or used effectively, at least -- in a match I've played in, either as killer or survivor. It's the weakest of the Boon perks and very situational.

• BullettimegodBullettimegod Member Posts: 964

Lets ask the killer i accidently blast mined to repressed alliance into a flashbang.

• emetSdidnothingwrongemetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 121

They need to have a limit on reuse if not outright remove it. The mechanic is what is broken, it's high reward low risk when it should be high risk high reward; survivors should be tactical in where they place them and when not how it currently is. Of course if they did make this change (and they should) they would obviously need to make them harder for the killer to find, such as reducing the audio notification when nearby, etc.

• deKlaw_04deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 2,612

Blast mine is my favorite perk but no way is that meta. It’s like B tier

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,728

I actually only had this perk activate once and it was on the one drop down pallet on the game and it was funny being slam dunked into the hole