Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PS4
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

Matchmaking Times

Austinmd02Austinmd02 Member Posts: 66
Why is the matchmaking time so long, I know it's not my internet. Does it have to do with the time of day or is it just the game?

Best Answer

Answers

• It’s really bad right now. And then when you get into a game the killer disconnects as soon as it shows you the map. Literally been trying to play for an hour and a half and have gotten in two games with five of them failing like that.
  • IGSTEEZYIGSTEEZY Member Posts: 11
    A month ago I was joining lobbies 5 sec or less now it's about 2 to 5 mins
  • IGSTEEZYIGSTEEZY Member Posts: 11
    A month ago I was joining lobbies 5 sec or less now it's about 2 to 5 mins
  • ultimatejarheadultimatejarhead Member Posts: 2
    Has Behaviour ever responded to any matchmaking wait time complaints? Survive with friends is almost unplayable because we can never find a match. And now, solo matchmaking is taking forever as well. 
  • nooxetnooxet Member Posts: 87

Since they removed the Winter solstice event the matchmaking for survivors at least for me is broken again. Finding games takes 1-2 minutes and even if I get into the lobby it's usually killers with high ping for some reason. I guess taking a break from DBD until this gets fixed would not be a bad idea.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

When is the new matchmaking coming. January they said right.

• They actually tried a new matchmaking code but removed it because they didn’t like it.. so who knows when it will be back
  • galaxy_mermaidgalaxy_mermaid Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Every night my friends & I wait 20-50 minutes to find one lobby and more than half of them disconnect before we can even ready up. I know rank/location can affect times but it doesn't matter who I play with, always a long wait. 
  • Austinmd02Austinmd02 Member Posts: 66
    It's were so many more people are playing survivor instead of killer. I get killer lobbies instantly but survivor takes a few.
    Yeah same
  • liquit22liquit22 Member Posts: 1

I have this game on PS4 and PC. I played more time on PS4 and I like better BUT the matchmaking is terrible on PS4. When we want to play with friends that's not possible because the matchmaking takes min. 15 minutes which is not acceptable. The matchmaking was better during the winter party. Can any tell, when will fix the matchmaking system? I always hope the developer will send an acceptable response for this question.

• Artemis_LHArtemis_LH Member Posts: 113
    edited August 2019

Seriously, the matchmaking on Ps4 is complete #########. Already moving onto other games. It's just not worth the 20+ minutes of waiting.

• Mystaria13Mystaria13 Member Posts: 467
    Guys I don't think matchmaking is broken, Go to killer and if you get a match instantly but have to wait for a little bit on survivor it's because there are so many more people playing survivor right now. They can't fix that guys and usually I find instant matches as survivor but now I'm not but I checked on killer lobbies and they are instant so it's just because so many more people are playing survivor now instead of killer but it will even back out. I'm rank 1 survivor and I'm waiting about a minute for matches usually less.  I do have a problem with if your rank isn't available it throws any rank in there even rank 20s. Rank 1 and 20 in the same match... ######### smh
  • Balls2dawallzBalls2dawallz Member Posts: 4

I have currently been sitting here looking for a game as KILLER For over 15 minutes. My friends all have the same problem even when queing up as killer too. Can't find a game as either one. They really need to fix this :(