Home Dead by Daylight Forums Polls
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Do you think VHS will kill DBD?

2»

Comments

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 1,011
    No

No, and I don't want it to. However I do want it to be up there with DBD, so that DBD is forced to evolve into what we all know it could be. With good competition it'll force behavior to do better. Maybe update their engine, and create a more healthy game state. Otherwise I could see a lot of people, myself included, moving to VHS permanently. Would it kill it? No. But it could knock it down a few pegs

• Cornpopers_EvanCornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    No

After watching quite a lot of different gameplay on VHS, I still say that, no, VHS will not kill DBD at all. Will it put a dent in the numbers, that's a possibility but DBD and VHS are VERY different styles of games. The only real similarity I can see are that it's asymmetrical and that it has some window vaults. I think if VHS is able to actually stick around where quite a few others have(sadly) failed, both games can coexist and take inspiration from each other and make each other better in the long run.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,234
    No

VHS is its own thing and should be appreciated as its own thing rather than in comparison to a game that has been out five years and has had the benefit of getting into the genre early enough to dominate the market.

If we go by the law of averages things aren't in VHS's favor as there have been a alot of assym horror games made across the spectrum and most of them are dead, dying, or failed to thrive from jump. How much of that has to do with dbd? Not much actually, the others usually fail on their own merits.

RE Resistance: Weird balance, zero long term support

RE Verse: See above, but somehow even worse

Gold Express: Dead in the water

Last Year: Two tries, still can't thrive

Hunt Showdown: It made the right call and just went and did something different enough it is hard to compare

F13: Death By Lawsuit

The list goes on, but you get the picture.

• EddyStylezEddyStylez Member Posts: 17
    No

Nah that game lacks the polish DBD has. Also lacks the franchise killers everyone knows and loves.

• JahhluJahhlu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20
  • WarpheadWarphead Member Posts: 623
    No

Some competition might make the devs GAF, but it there's only room for one game like this, there wouldn't be so much money in it.

It will cause some player drain, many of us will play both but angry/frustrated players will have somewhere to go. Maybe BHVR will act like they like the players.

• JahhluJahhlu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 20
    No and I hope so.

you said child, a teen isnt a child

(Edit) i see what you mean lol

• LenoxLenox Member Posts: 234
    No

I guess it depends on your definition. I use it to mean a minor, so a teen would be a child.

I prefer to play as crusty, crotchety old survivors like Bill. 😁

child

/CHīld/

noun

a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

• SsajbambusaSsajbambusa Member Posts: 458
    No

Dbd is too good at making players feel like they are progressing towards something with all the little numbers, skins and unlockables.

Huge amount of well known licensed characters constantly bring new people in.

While I don't agree with recent direction the game is going (New map design (balance-wise, it looks dope actually)) hit validation, buff to Iron Will ect) it is and will be best in it's unique genre.

I also really like the concept of the Entity.

• WarpheadWarphead Member Posts: 623
    No

Yeah, but the stereotypical slasher flick involves a masked psycho killing teenagers. Bill's the old guy that said "You're all gonna die up there!" but then comes to help.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2021
    Yes and I hope so.

I hope he will be a serious competitor.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,134
    No

The PC only game?

No.

• OopsAllHexesOopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    No

This keeps happening every single time an asym game is released... people thought the same thing about Home Sweet Home Survive, look how that turned out.

It's not impossible, but it's going to take a lot in order to pull this off.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,555
    No

Nothing will kill DBD rather than DBD itself

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    No and I hope so.

This game has so much advertisement and branding

Really, if you were just some dude scrolling through Steam looking for something to play for a bit with his buds, which would you pick? The one with thousands of positive reviews, brand recognition, and years of updates... or some Fortnite-esque copycat (not my opinion, but probably what most think) 3 pages into the Specials category.

The quality of the games doesn't really matter. DbD is just so recognizable and established.