Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Anyone else in West-EU suffering from random rubberbanding?

Basically, the title.

What happens is that, at seemingly random, the game just won't process any secondary inputs (that is to say, all non-movement inputs), and I get put back a fair few steps, roughly 8 meters or so.

The weird thing is, I can very clearly see the survivors reacting to me as if I was where I thought I was before being rubberbanded back. It even got me a few hits I otherwise never would have gotten. That suggests to me that the game knew where I was, or that the server could full-well tell me where the survivors are, yet fails to tell where I am.

I'm fairly certain it's not on my end, since it happens wherever I play. It's only been happening recently, and I've seen it happen on an Otz video now as well, of whom I know he's an EU player as well.

So then the question is; Is this on my end after all, or on the server's end?

Comments

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,103

I was having that same issue in a few games yesterday when it's a problem I never normally face, but I'm in east US. Most of my matches are behaving fine, though.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,215

I think it's happening everywhere. I've had it happen to me a few times and its happened to a friend of mine as well. Seems like some massive server desync though it appears to be random.

The main instance I remember is on The Game; as killer I was walking up the stairs by an exit gate, turned a corner and it teleported me to the bottom walking into the wall by the stairs.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 1,992

If I may ask, what region do you and your friend play in?

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,260

When I rubberband, it seems to be when my ingame connection jumps to 400 or 1100. Idk what the dealio is

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,103

Bringing this back up because god in heaven am I rubberbanding today. Every survivor game, it's happening. The game will be playing smoothly and suddenly I'll start rubberbanding like crazy for the next 30 seconds, then it goes back to normal. Last game I got stuck to a generator and couldn't stop repairing it, though the progress remained at 0%. A Trickster came up to me and hit me and it went right through me.

Anyone else seeing this?