Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.5.0 PTB

Pig's Terror Radius should stay 28 meters

Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,157
She's  supposed to be stealthy, so why did they increase her terror radius? 

Comments

• DexyIVDexyIV Member Posts: 500

So it's more consistent with other killers' terror radius. She got a massive buff to her LControl part of her power, so this is fine :P

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,610
    edited January 2019

I agree. She's already pretty bad as she is in the live build, there's no need for a nerf.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Can I just say, I never noticed Pig had smaller terror radius. I have never seen any Pig make use of it, such as using M&A. 
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 8,379
    While I find the TR nerf questionable, I am willing to trade that for the Crouch and Surveillance buffs.
  • HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I actually thought she already had a 32m TR :(

• Salty_PearlSalty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,157

@TAG said:
    While I find the TR nerf questionable, I am willing to trade that for the Crouch and Surveillance buffs.

true, now combat straps aren't a must have and Surveillance is useful in a way.

@Salty_Pearl said:

@TAG said:

I can't play the PTB but I'm excited for Surveillance, so from what I read it sounds like every time you kick a Gen it turns yellow but turns white for 16 sec after it gets worked on. Is that right? Or this change just for the very first time you kick each Gen?

@HatCreature said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

@TAG said:

I can't play the PTB but I'm excited for Surveillance, so from what I read it sounds like every time you kick a Gen it turns yellow but turns white for 16 sec after it gets worked on. Is that right? Or this change just for the very first time you kick each Gen?

I'm getting on the PTB now but I think it's everytime you destroy a gen.

edited January 2019

@Salty_Pearl said:

@TAG said:

My understanding is the reverse; Surveillance makes it so kicking a gen turns the aura white from its default red, and it temporarily turns from white to yellow when it stops regressing (which means either someone touched the gen or the gen ran out of power completely).

@TAG said:
    HatCreature said:

@Salty_Pearl said:

@TAG said:

My understanding is the reverse; Surveillance makes it so kicking a gen turns the aura white from its default red, and it temporarily turns from white to yellow when it stops regressing (which means either someone touched the gen or the gen ran out of power completely).

Ok it still sounds useful then, more useful than the original version, strange they screwed it up the first time lol

Ok it still sounds useful then, more useful than the original version, strange they screwed it up the first time lol

Indeed.  The original version was flabbergastingly awful, and it's good to see it finally get looked at (a year later).
  • NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

She's still not a strong killer. I don't see the necessity to increase her terror radius.

• Robb_StarkRobb_Stark Member Posts: 87

+1
    Leave the Terror Radius at 28 metres.

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,679

I was confused to see the Terror Radius nerf because I can't think of a reason why it should be changed.

• I have M&A on my Pig and they just negated any buff that they just gave one of the weaker killers. If they kept the tr the same and added crouch speed it would still just be a small step forward but instead, they took a step back then half that step forward lol. Amanda needs love!!. Put here tr back, keep the crouch boost, reduce the time between the roar and the attack and either tweak the puzzle box probability or shorten the timer. Also, change her swing and lunge hitbox or something, it just doesn't feel right.

• Tru3LemonTru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

you have monitor and abuse use it maybe it goes at 28m or maybe less i mean pig got alot of buff

• AntiJellyAntiJelly Member Posts: 1,107

A 4 meter difference isn't a nerf. It hardly does anything except keep consistency between killers.l

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,132

@Tru3Lemon said:
    you have monitor and abuse use it maybe it goes at 28m or maybe less i mean pig got alot of buff

They upgraded her ambush from "unusable" to "kinda ok" and fixed her poor scoring values. thats not alot of buffs, thats QoL changes she's needed for a year. giving her a TR nerf isn't exactly a good counterbalance, especially since her viewheight is still awful while crouched and her roar while ambushing is still a massive warning for survivors...

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,679

@AntiJelly said:
    A 4 meter difference isn't a nerf. It hardly does anything except keep consistency between killers.l

Just because it's small doesn't mean it isn't a nerf. People that like to run Whispers on the Pig to help set up an Ambush attack will now find it less useful.

• AntiJellyAntiJelly Member Posts: 1,107

@MojoTheFabulous said:

@AntiJelly said:

Just because it's small doesn't mean it isn't a nerf. People that like to run Whispers on the Pig to help set up an Ambush attack will now find it less useful.

4 meters less useful. Still not that much of a difference.

• SadBaconSadBacon Member Posts: 23
    Because people actually use the ambush at gens? 
  • VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,725
    My main problem is that it seems that they increased her terror radius to counterbalance the fact that they made her crouch more usable. ( my guess is that they want you to spend more time crouching than just using it once or twice for the initial early game or at pallets)

However the problem is that they made crouching more usable add something like a pallets but not more usable in general.
    You still move slower than the nurse and lose a lot of met pressure if you spend way too much time in crouch so the trade off for getting into crouch mode faster isn't worth natural stealth benefits of a lower terror radius.

Well it may not seem like much you will be surprised how 4 m can actually be the difference between a survivor staying in a location long enough to get caught or leaving early.

A small TR helps with natural stealth, like Myers or Spirit, even Huntress. Stealth helps their ability vecome powerful, a huge TR does not help Pig set up an Ambush or sneak up to Survivors, it gives them time to walk away and hide and then you crouch and walk by and they're gone. A small TR means you can get closer, like Spirit and Huntress, so you can use your ability more effectively. Pig needs this, she isn't strong enough to have a huge TR espcially since her power does nothing in a chase, like every killer with a large TR has. Anyone seeing the pattern with their own design and how they completely just ignored their own design with this buff? Might as well give Tier 1 Mysers a 32m TR if they're going to do this stealth killers, just move on to Huntress having a 32, hell give Spirit back her large TR lol

@HatCreature said:
    A small TR helps with natural stealth, like Myers or Spirit, even Huntress. Stealth helps their ability vecome powerful, a huge TR does not help Pig set up an Ambush or sneak up to Survivors, it gives them time to walk away and hide and then you crouch and walk by and they're gone. A small TR means you can get closer, like Spirit and Huntress, so you can use your ability more effectively. Pig needs this, she isn't strong enough to have a huge TR espcially since her power does nothing in a chase, like every killer with a large TR has. Anyone seeing the pattern with their own design and how they completely just ignored their own design with this buff? Might as well give Tier 1 Mysers a 32m TR if they're going to do this stealth killers, just move on to Huntress having a 32, hell give Spirit back her large TR lol

Didn't Spirit only have a 16 meter terror radius?

@Salty_Pearl said:

@HatCreature said:

Didn't Spirit only have a 16 meter terror radius?

Ok I was looking for proof in patch notes but can't find anything about her TR, perhaps I was thinking about her lunge. I could have sworn it used to be bigger.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

A lot of fuss about 4 meter increased terror radius is just pointless.

Pigs run whisperer and get into stealth mode when it is on. whisperer detects people more than 32 meters so in reality, pigs didn't even lose anything.

However, lets say that you are a godlike pig that knows everything and you calculated 28 meters and just crouched at 29 meter away from the survivor. Now you are forced to crouch at 33 meters away from the survivor which is 4 meters away. 115% ms killers run at 4.6 meter per second and lets say that you move about 3 meters per second when you are crouched (I don't know the exact number). The difference is not even a second.

Literally, with the change your map pressure decreased about half a second.

If I were a dev, honestly, to avoid drama and to make it more consistent, I would just make her terror radius 24 meter. It is not gonna make her god tier or garbage either case. There are more important stuff to talk about than 4 meter terror radius honestly.

@Delfador said:
    A lot of fuss about 4 meter increased terror radius is just pointless.

Pigs run whisperer and get into stealth mode when it is on. whisperer detects people more than 32 meters so in reality, pigs didn't even lose anything.

However, lets say that you are a godlike pig that knows everything and you calculated 28 meters and just crouched at 29 meter away from the survivor. Now you are forced to crouch at 33 meters away from the survivor which is 4 meters away. 115% ms killers run at 4.6 meter per second and lets say that you move about 3 meters per second when you are crouched (I don't know the exact number). The difference is not even a second.

Literally, with the change your map pressure decreased about half a second.

If I were a dev, honestly, to avoid drama and to make it more consistent, I would just make her terror radius 24 meter. It is not gonna make her god tier or garbage either case. There are more important stuff to talk about than 4 meter terror radius honestly.

Exactly, make it 24M, that makes more sense than increasing. I forgot the thread said 28 cuz I was thinking 24.