Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Want to try polls to gauge specific Forum users’ opinions

GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 1,992
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Over the last few months, I’ve noticed there are a fair few topics that will always spark a debate. Think the current state or Mories, killers, perks, those kind of topics. This isn’t a bad thing, on the contrary.

However, more often than not, it’s only a select few that consistently respond to these specifc kinds of debates. So, what I’d like to try out is a series of polls to gauge the opinion of the forums in general, as well as those of specific forum users.

Somewhat inspired by the user interviews that happened on these forums a while back, my plan is to pose a single question, regarding a single topic. To that question, I’d like to ask everyone what their immediate thoughts are. I don’t necessarily want to spark debate, even though that would be a bonus. I am mostly just interested in individual users’ opinions.

I’m not sure when I’ll be starting this, nor have I decided what the first topic will be yet.

So why am I telling you this? I’m looking for topics people are interested in. Obvious topics include specific perks and/or killers, but I would also like to include topics such as the grind, in-game values, mentality and goals.

To put it simply, what would you be interested in knowing from other forumites, with regards to DbD?

I’m also willing to tag specific people when I will eventually post a poll like this. So, if you’d like that, hmu.

Post edited by GentlemanFridge on

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 3,860

People's thought on Demogorgon, the only good Killer in the game (aside from Artist)

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 1,888

What's your favorite exhaustion perk? What's your favorite Killer to play as/against? Do you prefer to play (as/against) melee or ranged Killers? Is Oni the more handsome Killer of them all? What's your favorite chapter?

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 1,992

Cheekily wondering whether the moderators would also be willing to voice their opinions, even if it is just a yes/no. I’m guessing that’s going to be a no-go.

As for topics, I already have a fair few that I’d like to do, but I may as well ask if there’s interest for them. A poll for poll topics, if you will.

I currently have:

NoED

The Grind™ (more specifically, preferred fixes)

Most ‘balanced’ killer

Mories

In-game mentality

I’d like to emphasise that this is intended to guage opinions of specific forumites. My goal here is to get my fellow forum users a bit better, and to learn their opinions so that I/we can know them pre-emptively for when the topic arises in a different context. Debate is optional, convincing each other almost discouraged.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,215

I can't say I'm actively interested in the topic but toxicity and the community is one I see on the forums a lot. Whether or not teabagging, flashlight clicking, hitting people on hook, letting them bleed out, etc are considered toxic and maybe even cyberbullying if we go by the current thread.

The devs/mods have already been clearcut in that they allow all of those as well as minor smack talk in chat but some people advocate that should change, whether that be by new rules, bans, or just something small to try and get people to be nicer. While on the other side some think the above attitudes are just part of the charm of DBD/gaming and there is no reason to change it, most online PvP games have it so it's no big deal and you just get used to it. Some think they should just stop caring and grow thicker skin.

Others yet, like myself don't normally care either way and we just play the game or are more concerned with other issues the game has.

I don't know how'd you go about with a poll since there are many varying opinions and examples that could be used. It is again though, something I see talked about a lot.

• GentlemanFridgeGentlemanFridge Member Posts: 1,992

Thank you for the idea, it’s definitely an interesting one. To me, at least.

As for the “poll”, I’m calling it that because I’m not sure what else to call it. I think I’m going to do open-ended questions, to allow any and all to express their opinion as much as they’d like. I’d also like to add a “gut-feeling” ‘clause’, meaning I want to ask everyone to say what their immediate thoughts are, as well as their more “rational” thoughts. Those tend to be more legitimate, in my experience.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,215

Sure, I look forward to seeing the start of your series as well. I hope it goes well and you get some good ideas.