Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers - When Do You Give Survivors Hatch/Gate?

2»

Comments

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 388

If im running agitation or mad grit tben ywah its a fun ride

• TerrikTerrik Member Posts: 18

I'll give it to any non-toxic survivor that I that played and I felt we had a good match.

There was a time when I was playing Clown, I slugged a Steve after gates opened, and the rest of the survivors tried to rescue him as I camped him as he was prone. They eventually rescued the Steve, but I got another down as a result, which I dragged over to the gate. Post-game they they were a little surprised and asked why I let them go. "I just wanted to see how you'd end up rescuing Steve", I said. They thanked me, we had a good laugh, and wished each other good luck in the next game.

Toxic survivors get no mercy however.

• Tubby_SquirrelTubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 229

Very rarely and on a whim. Usually if I feel like someone died to something that was kinda BS or if they had a horrible team like DCs and AFK players. But 1 afk player or 1 dc doesn't guarantee it. Largly depends on my mood and how they played.

Heh I recall one game where the same survivor who earned a 'hook on the back basment hook and smack on hook' from me, I also carried to hatch at the end XD

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

Pretty much whenever. If I had to close the hatch to work out where you are... nope. But otherwise? Sure, I don't really care, as long as I'm having fun.

And I'm having more fun now I've changed Killer, which is depressing.

• NemmyMan3000NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 109

I give a free escape when i just feel like it, but if your toxic ill let you bleed out on floor until you die.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,151

Maybe when they start giving me free kills. You know, instead of walking out the exits, they just stay in and let themselves die. That's the killer equivalent of survivors expecting the killer to give them a free escape.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,242

- If two or more people DC

- If their teammates were being unsportsmanlike (Leading the chase towards another survivor, pointing teammates out, etc.)

- If they played good and was not toxic.

• LegacySmikeyLegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 208

I'm quite prone to giving the hatch or gate to the last survivor if its Meg they'll always get it but generally virtually every game i'll let the last one go (after downing them just to prove to myself I could have the 4k)

If someone has played particularly well in the game i'll always let them out regardless of if they're the last survivor or not these days I don't wanna lower their MMR purely because their teammates were either terrible or selfish.

I won't let the T bagging or flash clickers out for free of course neither bothers me in game but I'm not rewarding them for it.

I also don't let Steve out sorry Steve mains play well & get out on your own or die under any other circumstances its just a highly irrational personal issue!

• sleepy_knightsleepy_knight Member Posts: 88

I have 3 rules:

1) not toxic and played really well

2) not toxic and got ######### by a teammate (think dc, sandbag, useless squad, etc.)

3) not toxic and did something cute/brave (giving me gifts, letting me do my challenges, randomly standing up to me, showing me funny bug, etc )

• Pretty much guaranteed for me unless they did something throughout the game to annoy me. Very rarely do I get stuck with those people after a 3k though... 🤫

• ThraxThrax Member Posts: 841

i quit doing it and i've never felt better.

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2021

Tbf, if i feel like it..

i usually won't give em hatch unless it spawned around me while im tryna hook.. otherwise. 4K =D

That or they'd want to insult me even after i give hatch... so it's not really a win either way

• Hex_IgnoredHex_Ignored Member Posts: 827

Always. My goal, as a killer, is to get a 4 man escape after hooking everyone twice.

However, I have reached an mmr level where this has gotten surprisingly difficult, as they just immediately kill themselves on hook or the others refuse to unhook even though I am literally standing in the opposite corner of the map doing nothing.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293
  • SludgeSludge Member Posts: 508

Those are the survivors they balance the game around btw

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,551

If I happen to walk past it while carrying the last survivor to a hook

Cuz I usually feel nice

If their team was bad or disconnected

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 1,250

I've done this many times. If I'm not trying to do a challenge where I need to escape and the killer hasn't had any kills, I'll run to the nearest hook and point.