We have made some changes and added a new feature to the forums. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/858959/#Comment_858959
Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Wait does the new Leader perk not affect gen speeds at all?

Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,311

Does this mean overall decreased gen speed? as in another survivor nerf?

Comments

• CetrenCetren Member Posts: 736
    Leader does not but prove thyself now does.
  • Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,246

RIP

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,135

@Maelstrom10 said:
    Does this mean overall decreased gen speed? as in another survivor nerf?

If you ran Leader mainly, then yes.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

Am I the only one who thinks that leader was a very meaningless perk?

Thanatophobia is the perk that turns bars red, and leader is the perk that turns them yellow. I never understood why people use that perk in the first place.

• PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,117

@Delfador said:

Thanatophobia is the perk that turns bars red, and leader is the perk that turns them yellow. I never understood why people use that perk in the first place.

Maybe they feel more comfortable with yellow action bars. Same with Thanatophobia, survivors get nervous when they see a red bar even though it has next to no impact...

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,680

Well since the values for other action speeds have been significantly buffed, I don't feel like this was much of a nerf.

• PigNRunPigNRun Member Posts: 2,034
    ad19970 said:

Well since the values for other action speeds have been significantly buffed, I don't feel like this was much of a nerf.

Actions that are irrelevant, except for maybe healing speed. 
  • ModernFableModernFable Member Posts: 629
    PigNRun said:
    ad19970 said:

Healing teammates is vital.

Opening an Exit Gate faster can make or break an escape.

Plus a quicker Unhook will change whether or not you can Borrowed Time save in front of a camper.

The other actions are also useful, although more niche.
  • Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,041

I always use Leader, but with this change I'll be using Prove Thyself now.

• PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,034
    LOL. This is so ironic. Everyone’s gonna be using Prove Thyself now, a perk that no one uses!

I guess it’s a good change to slow down the gen rushing.
  • brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 3,360
    So it will affect healing, unhooking, opening chests, exit gates, and cleansing? Am I missing any?

Having other survivors heal and unhook you 25% faster could save your ass, especially if other buffs are involved (Botany, someone else using Leader nearby, etc). Letting someone open an exit gate 25% faster + they have Wake Up equipped means the base opening would drop from roughly 20 seconds to 12. That's massive. With a full stack of Remember Tokens you go down from 50 to 30 seconds. That's awesome.

Is that all situational? Of course, but I'm the kind of person that loves to play off meta builds (I don't use SC, SB or DS unless I'm going for a special build or ritual). I think it's a great change.
  • Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,041

@PinkEricka said:
    LOL. This is so ironic. Everyone’s gonna be using Prove Thyself now, a perk that no one uses!

Not really. Prove Thyself boosts gen repair now.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,311

@PinkEricka said:

Yeah but by not as much :( I mean I used to use leader n prove thyself to get Max Gen speed (with resilience) but now that combo is kinda out the window with decreased output.
    And tbh botany knowledge/we'll make it are already such commonly run perks, a 25% boost just feels negilible in comparisonModernFable said:
    PigNRun said:
    ad19970 said:

Plus a quicker Unhook will change whether or not you can Borrowed Time save in front of a camper.

I didn't think statuses like that (and vigil/streetwise) worked while you were hooked
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,135

@Maelstrom10 said:
    Yeah but by not as much :( I mean I used to use leader n prove thyself to get Max Gen speed (with resilience) but now that combo is kinda out the window with decreased output.

Just find 1 other Survivor to repair with and you already should have a significant boost without current Leader & Resilience.
    Plus you can still run Resilience too.

• ModernFableModernFable Member Posts: 629

@PinkEricka said:

And tbh botany knowledge/we'll make it are already such commonly run perks, a 25% boost just feels negilible in comparisonModernFable said:
    PigNRun said:
    ad19970 said:

I didn't think statuses like that (and vigil/streetwise) worked while you were hooked
    Yeah, your Leader always affected people near you no matter what. So if you were hooked, they would unhook you faster. 

This is still true and it’s much better, with the exception of Gens.
  • ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,680

@PigNRun said:
    ad19970 said:

Well I'd say healing speed isn't a maybe. That's definitely crucial. Having others heal you 25% faster is actually really good. Having it affect Opening exit gates, cleansing and unhooking can also be quite good. I mean none of the actions I would count as irrelevant, even chest search.
    The perk seems more appealing to me now, to be honest. 9% never felt like it made that much of a difference.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,384

@PiiFree said:

@Delfador said:

Maybe they feel more comfortable with yellow action bars. Same with Thanatophobia, survivors get nervous when they see a red bar even though it has next to no impact...

I mean. Yeah when you see something good you will feel better when this thing stays that way.
    Same goes for opposite.
    So Thana doesn't do much % wise but works on the mind of the survivors! (on those who work on gens)

@Milo said:

@PiiFree said:

@Delfador said:

I mean. Yeah when you see something good you will feel better when this thing stays that way.
    Same goes for opposite.
    So Thana doesn't do much % wise but works on the mind of the survivors! (on those who work on gens)

I'd say thanataphobia is useless on anyone whose played the game for more then 5 hrs tbh. your just gonna continue doing the gen anyways

• ColonGlockColonGlock Member Posts: 408

Leader has been the difference between me and someone else cleansing a guarded hex totem at 9%. At 25% it will be really nice especially if Noed. I know for a fact I have assisted with gates opening faster and last-second escapes with current leader and with the new version it will be even better. I will still run it for sure.

@ColonGlock said:
    Leader has been the difference between me and someone else cleansing a guarded hex totem at 9%. At 25% it will be really nice especially if Noed. I know for a fact I have assisted with gates opening faster and last-second escapes with current leader and with the new version it will be even better. I will still run it for sure.

eh for exit gates, wake up will always be better but i guess i see your point with the totems

@ColonGlock said:

eh for exit gates, wake up will always be better but i guess i see your point with the totems

Actually ptb leader > wake up.
    I mean you cant open the door but they do open it 10% faster
    Milo said:

@ColonGlock said:

Actually ptb leader > wake up.
    I mean you cant open the door but they do open it 10% faster
    True, but with wakeup you signal it opening so eh? .-?
  • GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 817

I'm confused because I used to run leader sometimes and I play solo (barely even played with other people like that so it was kinda useless) so is leader kinda...um...worse now? Idk. I find it pointless to change it honestly.

I like the Prove Thyself buff though.

@Gamzello
    But the buff is WAY stronger.
    Also it lasts for longer. I wouldnt say it is worse. Just its a clear diffrence at what it does than what Prove Thyself does.
    Want to do gens faster and get more bp? Provethyself. 
    Wanna help others do some other things faster? Leader
  • PiiFreePiiFree Member Posts: 1,117

@Milo said:
    Same goes for opposite.

In other words, it's a placebo with no effect other than messing with the minds of weaklings.

PiiFree said:

@Milo said:
    Same goes for opposite.

In other words, it's a placebo with no effect other than messing with the minds of weaklings.

Yep
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@PiiFree said:

@Milo said:
    Same goes for opposite.

Pretty much. At tier 3, with 4 Survivors injured, you get about:

• 94,12 seconds of generator repair time (14,12 extra seconds)
    • 18,82 seconds of healing others or being healed by others (2,82 extra seconds)
    • 37,65 seconds of self-healing with Self-Care (5,65 extra seconds)
    • 16,47 seconds of totem cleansing (2,47 extra seconds)
    • 32,29 seconds of hook sabotage with Saboteur (2,29 extra seconds)

All numbers used during calculations came from various articles on the wiki: deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com

• redsopine01redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,244
    Guys everyone that uses prove thyself gets a 10% boost to gen repair per survivor that's 20-30% on most gens now and is faster then tier 3 old leader and old prove thyself