Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why do people here only talk about survivor meta?

So many of these posts of people just full over exaggerating how hard killer is always reference meta perks and for what? They act like running 4 slowdown meta on killer isnt a free win against anyone that isnt an actual try hard swf like you do realise you have ruin undying, pgtw, pain resonance, deadlock and a billion other perks i could say. Please for the love of everything nice in the world stop acting like killer is by far the hardest thing in the entire world and if it really is so bad literally get off the game or play survivor or something stop complaining about something you could just simply not put yourself through.

Comments

• FrostySealFrostySeal Member Posts: 506

I don't understand the posts that overexaggerate and talk about how Killer is the hardest thing in the world and how every single survivor is not only godlike but the most toxic person in the world. I think just in general the forums are a place filled with much more vocal killer mains than survivor mains. Whenever I play Killer for the most part I almost always win my games, and whenever I don't then it's usually my fault for getting tilted and screwing up, but I guess for most people it's easier to blame the game and developers for being too survivor sided than to take a step back and admit that you screwed up.

• ZachcjjjZachcjjj Member Posts: 452

im sorry but thats literally just u playing bad

better then me= toxic for some, reason people actually try so hard to cope with not being the greatest player in the world

i actually hard agree on that imo nerf tf outta both sides top perks and bring everything else up a notch and maybe then people on both sides can stop getting carried by their perks

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 2,073

It's because survivors have control over nearly any given match. Their perks are more impactful and therefore pertinent.

• oliviaaoliviaa Member Posts: 102

this is genuinely one of the most ludicrous comments i have seen yet please

almost every survivor perk can be countered by killers, the few that don't are only based on if the killer can wait out 60 seconds for DS, 8 seconds for soul guard + UB, etc.. if anything, survivor items don't have specific things that counter them besides franklins

no im sorry to break it to you but if you stack meta perks against meta perks its pretty balanced my guy

• WesCravenFanWesCravenFan Member Posts: 1,485

So the game should only have 6 perks on each side? Not sure I am with you on that one.

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,534

Hmm yes wait the 60 seconds for ds while the other 3 survivors work on gens. Then I go chase someone else then they unbreakable with ds. Guess I should have countered it? Better yet any player with half a brain will soul breakable within 8 seconds of a pallet so its still uncounterable unless you instant pickup which in most cases you use it when the killer slugs at the right time.

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,411

so you think an asymmetrical game like DBD can be balanced, please tell how a 1v4 game can be balanced?

• concernedkillerconcernedkiller Member Posts: 23

The nature of this game being a 4v1 tends to make it more stressful for the one person who is out numbered so its only natural that they are going to be the ones complaining about the relatively painful experience of playing an aggravating match. As a killer you have to keep track of 16 total possible perks and mentally attribute them to the correct survivor. It can be mentally taxing keeping track of which survivor has dead hard, which one has decisive strike and what hook they are on. This is compounded by the fact that each one can operate independent of one another and put pressure on gens on opposing sides of the map. Now keep that all in your head while your encountering a fleet footed survivor running you through a loop.

The killer being a solo entity has to literally account for every second of the game and make the optimal move in order to keep up with the momentum of the survivors doing gens. Meta perks allow the killer some much needed protection against survivors doing gens. The sheer size of many of these maps means its incredibly difficult to monitor every gen and guess wrong and you will lose several crucial seconds. You do not have the benefit of relying on another person to compensate for your poor plays, and any mistake you have made is punished.

Im of that mindset that perks like NOED are pretty lame and I have no problems with it being nerfed to hell. But in this current meta perks like hex ruin and scourge hook are absolute necessities. They allow killers to commit to chases which are getting more difficult as good survivors get better at looping and saves. Ultimately the goal of balancing is to create a fairly symmetrical experience where both sides feel equally fun to play. As of now I hop in to survivor games to alleviate the stress of a killer game and it just goes to show that one role is inherently more stressful than another.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,130

These forums are very killer sided. Anything that "boo survivors" gets boosted and kept at the top.

Anything survivor sided, no matter how logical, will just get ignored...

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,421

That's not entirely true.

It's just when people hear, "Make the hook timer pause when the Killer is within 50 meters!!!!!!!!!!!" for the 50th time, they get upset, I think.

• CarthCarth Member Posts: 714

The fact that you think playing with any kind of slowdown is some ridiculous try-hard only strat shows what your MMR is. What's next will you tell us how you 4k regularly running Wraiths perks only?

• VeinslayVeinslay Member Posts: 1,134

Close, he gets 4ks with Clown almost every match with no slowdown and just party bottle for an add on. Anyone that runs gen slowdown needs to git gud and learn how to pressure gens!

literally. i never see any other survivors here and whenever other survivors voice their opinions they get shot down regardless of what they say. most killer mains have complexes and think bhvr owes them everything when they arent entitled to it

no but running pop, ruin, tinkerer, and discordance just shows that you are incompetent at monitoring gens 😭unless a team is sweating with prove thyself and gen rushing toolbox builds (which is an insane minority of the player base) there should be no reason 3 gens should be flying at the start of a game...

• Ravenlord4711Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 109

really? balanced eh? ok 4 dh 2 boon coh 4 bt 4 iron will 2 prove thyself with 4 flashlights will beat any combo of perk/killer a killer can muster. you literally just need 1 person being chased the 3 cycling healing with coh and tanking a hit/body blocking while one does gen. theres a reason why in competitive play the strat is to facecamp 1 with leatherface to ensure the death.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,134

Killer perks are NOTHING compared to Survivor perks.

Killer perks are dedicated to keeping 3 gens from popping after 1 or 2 chases/hooks, Survivor meta perks are consistently about second chances, doing gens faster via Prove Thyself, or busted ass Circle of Healing.

The only Killer perk that comes close to Survivor perks in strength is NOED, and even then it only activates at the end of the game forcing the Killer to play with 3 perks for 80% of the match.

• cantelopecantelope Applicant Posts: 343
    edited December 2021

Balance is an issue because killer perks tend to rely heavily on criteria and/or rng and/or timers. Survivor perks tend to be more flat buffs, at will activates, and in general fully on the survivor to manage. This makes survivor perks reliably strong and killer perks wildly unpredictable or weak and unimpressive.

What makes the game usually worth it for killer is when their build comes together. When a build goes off its incredibly fun, but this can be very rare. This doesnt mean most games are 0k. It means they are slogged out 0-3k games with 1-4 perks disabled that was mostly spent running the same loops over and over and over with a hundred little stuns and slowdowns in-between if you played anyone but the s tier killers.

This is why those same perks popping up causes so much frustration. It's not because they are particularly op. It's that they are reliable and strong perks that extend what can get very tedious very quickly. You running in circles. After my fourth or fifth game I usually start bailing once I see the survivors run and crouch at the pallet. It literally just... bores the ######### out of me, and if it's after 3pm I'm not getting a survivor game in under five minutes.

It's really not a matter of "survivor perks op killer impossible". That's just how people say it because it's the internet and outrage/exaggerations are all the rage. The truth is playing killer can get quite boring regardless if you get the 3k or 4k. Especially when you get back to back games where survivors play the exact same way with the exact perks.

This also isn't them vs us. No matter how much easier that makes a counter argument. I'm answering the spirit of the question as best as I see it. I'm genuinely not throwing shade on anyone. The question was directed at killers about survivor perks. So that is what I answered.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

I think a big part of it is that killers feel so pressured into bringing massive amounts of stalling perks because the survivor meta of "how many spare health states can I bring" means the killer's progress gets dragged out massively so the issue of gen speed gets exacerbated.

If perks like Dead Hard were nerfed and actually fair to play against (ie, not a guaranteed third-health-state-chase-extension) then the need for stalling would be greatly decreased, and in turn some of the more popular stalling perks could also see some adjustments.

• ThatOneDemoPlayerThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,213

Killer meta is slowing the game down, which doesn't even work most of the time. Survivor meta is 2nd chances stacked upon 2nd chances and one person running CoH with a full body blocker build

• DyingWish92DyingWish92 Member Posts: 410

Perfectly put. Dead Hard for distance is a massive annoyance at this point. If you look at the description of the perk it says "dash forward during the dash you avoid damage." It doesn't say dash forward to reach a resource. I feel this perk is being used in a much stronger way then it was intended. This is the only survivor perk I have a real problem with, ds, Unbreakable, and all those other metas are blah to me because killer has control over these more.