Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

@Survivors, do you main only one character or do you switch it up?

2»

Comments

• Hex_LlamaHex_Llama Member Posts: 1,398

For the most part, I just focus on whoever has my favourite outfit ATM, but there are a few survivors where I have specific builds saved on them and it's faster/easier/less annoying to just switch to that character when I want Gen Repair build or Super Healer build as opposed to changing all of my perks.

• Barbarossa2020Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 893

Killer main but generally only Bill, unless i have a challenge or a daily i feel like doing.

Grumpy old man with a fag in his gob describes me nicely .

• LabracLabrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

I find the male survivors' running animation weird, so I only play the garls: Kate, Cheryl, Yui and Yun-Jin.

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 565

No i don't see the point of unlocking all other perks on survivor characters where the only difference is looks, So i used Tapp until Jonah came out and now i main him.

• espookedespooked Member Posts: 313
    edited December 2021

I bought outfits on every survivor and got them all lvl 50 with meta perks. I try to do a rotation, since I bought all their Christmas outfits I'm playing those guys currently mostly feng min pajama set because she is a cutie

• YatolYatol Member Posts: 1,380

no i try to make builds around a survivor's teachable.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,067

That's actually a neat way of playing, though time consuming. I don't have the patience for it though.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 225

I play Dwight, David, or Felix.

I'm gay and horny.

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,243

I mainly play Leon/Chris, but I do like to switch to Zarina, Jill, Yun Jin, Nea or Meg. All of them except Jill have all Perks so I can do meme stuff with them as well. Jill because I like Jill.

• SimfelizSimfeliz Member Posts: 1,248
    edited December 2021

I had the goal of rotating through all the male characters but it’s always David or Tapp. Tapp is usually my go to though and I like the fact you don’t see him as often. He’s also the only survivor I have prestige on. I like the bloody vest look.

Post edited by Simfeliz on
  • AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,242

I switch up my survivors constantly. I usually switch between Nea, Feng, Zarina, Heather (Cheryl), Nancy, Mikaela, Leon, and Jake.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,969

Meg, Claud, David, Kate, Yui, Zarina and Jill are my go to's

Al though I play Meg the most, shes the very first character I got to P3 and the very first character I got all perks on, was a big achievement for me at the time

• AnneBonnyAnneBonny Member Posts: 1,532

i mained cheryl on ps4 but now i just play jeff

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,639

I play several characters on both sides, some more, some less and some never played even though I owned them

• tenoresaxtenoresax Member Posts: 636

#TeamCheryl

Because cute.

And because she's the only survivor I actually have all the perks on, everyone else is inferior so I just use them for teachables.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,519

Does it count if I play Steve AND Jonathan?

• LegacySmikeyLegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 208

I main Meg & always will but I do occasionally play the odd random game or two with Kate.

If I'm recording i'll play every survivor in rotation using only their perks.

Currently Elodie is winning that survival battle & Kate is last (I have no idea why on either count!)

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 466

Only one, although the main has switched a couple of times so technically I have a few now.. but always only play one lol

• RenfearRenfear Member Posts: 91

Prestige 3 Meg, all perks

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,339

I grinded so hard to make 1 aspect perk build for each survivors, so nowaday I play multiple survivors, not just Yui

• Meg: Sprint burst, Fixate, Urban, Tenacity
    • Clau: Ironwill, Calm spirit, Spine chill, Urban
    • Kate: Empathy, Botany, Desperate measure, Pharmacy
    • Jane: Quick Quiet, Head on, Inner strength, Deception
    • Steve: Diversion, Sabo, Red herring, Anymean
    • Jake: Mettle of man, Sabo, Empathy, Breakout
    • With Yui is my optimize build: Small game, Kindred, WoW, Lithe

ect

I have so much more fun playing survivors since then.

• CluelessWandererCluelessWanderer Member Posts: 609

My main is Bill. He's my fav.

But if I want to switch it up, I also play Cheryl and Chris Redfield

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

Pls continue doing this. I as a Killer do not want to tunnel but if every survivor is the same character I will just hunt whoever gets in my way and it is quit possible that I single one player out by accident. I like to juggle hooks but 4 times the same character as opponent makes me just go feral "kill on sight".

Now for the question: I play Adam for builds around buffing my teammates, Meg for chest-looting, David for "I rescue you" and Nancy for stealth/totem focus. I can not bring myself to play a character with a build that I do not deem fitting for them. What is fitting largely depends on my gut feeling and thus I need to play different character. Yet for me Adam is the coolest from the bunch and I like him the most.

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 661
    edited January 3

I equipped every survivor i have fully perked out with a different build and swap based on the mood

My favorite builds are the ones I have on Zarina, Meg and Dwight (Kindred/Open Handed/Windows of Opportunity/Visionary, Saboteur/Resilience/Breakout/DH, and Bite the bullet/Botany/Lucky Break/Desperate Measures paired with a medkit )