Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback

What do YOU want in a forum?

Comments

• k0reant3ak0reant3a Member Posts: 133

I would love to see something with the Mmr system implemented with forums maybe so people can have other views of the game maybe or have specific sections where killers post, survivors post and also have a place where both can post maybe just throwing some suggestions ☺️

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,598

On Discord and Twitter there seem to be some giveaways occasionally (or probably only during event times) which could be also incorporated into the forums? But please not the Code drops that need to be manually typed in quickly (it really favors specific users and I am saying this while I got three of the Stranger Things codes) but more like a ‚react to this post in a specific time interval and the winner will be chosen randomly from those‘

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,080

It's pretty much Event times yes, for example the Discord is currently having a 300k member Event going on and there's been lots of giveaways with regards to that. It's a lot harder on the forums to do giveaways due to the nature of them, but I would like to do some fun things in the upcoming year, that's for sure.

• ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,231

More separation for the discussion sections. The current all-in-one major heading is generally more difficult to navigate and messier overall. The original layout did a good job of having the off-topic, international, and English speaking sections separate. Makes things overall easier to search and interact with.

That's about the only thing I'd like to see.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,598

Something else..

there are certain controversial topics that tend to come up every now and then and almost always lead to off-topic discussions that mostly consist of ignoring arguments and insulting eachother (yes I mean LGBTQ+ threads and stuff like Leatherfaces Smart Face cosmetic but I guess you know more topics like that as well)

it would be nice to maybe put a disclaimer when you open such a thread where BHVRs standpoint regarding it is stated and warning people to stay on the actual topic..

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,981
    edited December 2021

Some kinda PM feature.

Also cleaning up the mobile version

• AdjathaAdjatha Member Posts: 1,465

A regularly updating, pinned list of all active promo codes would be nice.

I don't use Twitter and it is somewhat hit or miss if one checks the forum when a thread is posted about a new code. I currently just use: https://gameplay.tips/guides/8393-dead-by-daylight.html

But it would be helpful if that were just here.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,043

I know it's probably not coming back, but my god I miss the downvote button.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,544

Is there a way to save currently typed responses as cookies or something? Like a restorable quick-save of your post. Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't know in how many ways and how many times I did not post a reply because I accidentially hit the "back" or "refresh" button or something else and my 15 minutes of work got erased and I was too frustrated to type it again

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,544

Smileys help to simulate the missing emphasis of written text, so the irony is not lost. y'know 😉

• CleviteClevite Member Posts: 4,335

It wasn't completely irony.

But I take your point.

Happy Holidays 😊

• EmealEmeal Member Posts: 1,729

I would like to see an improved and much clearer set of rules, an example is, the guidelines should pay attention to the fact you can get banned for stating what people say about the game elsewhere, there is no mention of third-party references in the rules, so the rules ban you for saying what others say. It all boils down to types of people and subjective viewpoints so I think Guidelines could be way deeper, so that misunderstandings from us non-native english speakers would be harder and/or impossible.

It would also be good to have some sort of warning system, where a reply or comment can be hidden until a user has had time to fix the problems with their message which violates the Guidelines, Make it a learning experience or introduce a Community Service penalty instead.

I think it would also be needed to separate the suggestion section into more sections, I think its unsaid but BHVR cant really use your killer suggestions the way we post them. That's a legal nightmare, so most Killer suggestions are basically just a message saying I would like this Killer. But the big posts detailing % and mechanics, those really need their own sub forum.

Ideally Perk suggestions should also have their sub forum. As perks is a core part of the game.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,325

Polls showing which I voted for at a glance (not just the anonymous polls) mostly because when an old poll gets pulled back up but it has hundreds of votes its fun to see how I felt about the matter at the time but when its buried by hundreds of votes and I can't even see my icon its hard to tell what I voted at the time

• psionicpsionic Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2021

Please, do a “white” version of the forum. To me is really hard to read white letters and the dark background 🥺

Post edited by psionic on
  • Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,776
    edited December 2021

Maybe use the News section to show the updates that appear on the news feed you get when logging into the game. Currently, it's mainly used for patch updates, but perhaps having news on upcoming discounts/offers, new products and such would make it worth following more?

Also, maybe the ability to customize your icons or add your own?

• Ravenlord4711Ravenlord4711 Member Posts: 109

when quoting have the link available for copy paste so it can be referenced in other threads. for example if you replied to a thread of a similar topic i can quote and copy and paste the link to new thread. should help reduce duplicate long running threads.

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Less complainers.

• fogdonkeyfogdonkey Member Posts: 1,507

Show player stats.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,599

The ability to block people.

Ability to hide certain threads, and not receive notifications from them anymore or see them on the front page.

Ability to delete your own threads.

Ability to delete your own comments.

Ability to turn off notifications that reply to a comment.

I have a couple more but I cannot mention them here. They don't go against the rules. I can tell you them if you DM me @MandyTalk .

• JexxTronJexxTron Member Posts: 227

We need a different forum that is not randomly censored. We need moderators who can handle criticism in public.

• THEBLASTOUTTHEBLASTOUT Member Posts: 55

I'd like an mobile app because I read this on the phone

As I said, this is not changing...I'm happy with the forum rules and the way the moderators work on this forum.

That's something I've started to look into, if not an app (because that's on the hosting company specifically), then making the forum more mobile friendly as I know a lot of our users are on mobile.

• AnchorTeaAnchorTea Member Posts: 700

More profile pictures!

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,222

My suggestions would probably be a PM system between users and more tags for users.

Also, as a sort of anti-suggestion, we should not bring back downvotes. I was here when they were around and boy that was....interesting.

• ElusivePukkaElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

There should be a place where the issues plaguing the game and its community can be discussed with minimal censorship, or at least a revisit on what constitutes "Naming and Shaming"

People should be allowed to post about and discuss harassment, hackers, and predatory behaviour as a simple matter of community welfare, even if it's just in a section where specific names or the like are filtered out.

• YOURFRIENDYOURFRIEND Member Posts: 1,982

One of the things i like about the forum *is* that it's old fashioned. Longform discussion spaces are kind of a dying breed. It's nice here.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

I personally would enjoy:

• Custom pfp
    • The ability to block users
    • Private Dms
    • Hehehe .... Downvotes
    • Ability to change our usernames without needing to ask a mod
    • Ability to delete our own post
    • Notification options (like choosing which show up and which don't)
  • DeadByStreetlightDeadByStreetlight Member Posts: 150
    edited January 3

I would like an option to hover my mouse over a thread title for watching a part of the content.

This discussion has been closed.