The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Survivors hooked should have Madness 3 regress to 2

2»

Comments

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

@SnakeSound222 said:
    This sounds like an excuse to not want to use Snap Out of It. Doctor’s speciality is finding Survivors. If you don’t want to be tunneled because of the screams in tier 3, then just have another Survivor block him from getting to you while you remove tier 3 or have the other Survivor heal you before you break out of tier 3 so you can loop him for longer and get him to leave you alone because you're making him waste time chasing you. It also makes the game a little bit scarier because you're never truly safe from Madness 3 even when you're trying to remove it. 
    Acromio said:

@powerbats said:

Doctorino op, plz nerf duud!1!!!!

He's just a M1 killer with a ginormus terror radius. All he has is a mediocre tracking ability that can be replicated with perks (Whispers, Predator) and outclassed by certain addons (All-seeing, Amanda's letter). There's no need to remove the only way the Doctor has to keep a bit of pressure on the survivors.

But, of course, you're powerbats, so I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying and come up with a valid counter-argument. Too bad this forum doesn't have "hide this user's posts" option like Steam.

I'm pretty sure powerbats wasn't being serious with that comment. 

I didn't say that but the troll thought he'd be cute and try and lob that out there and then when I called him on it tried to troll more and got nailed even harder. So now he's down to just trolling with Qed I win troll failures now.

Here's what I actually said.

@powerbats said:

@Acromio said:
    So, basically you want a garbage tier killer nerfed? Get lost with that.

**> If you think Doctor is garbage tier then there's no helping you and only bad Doctors ran NC on him because it's a waster perk. Also why is this a nerf considering they're still in madness II and it's not like you can't just come back and reshock them.

I mean even Freddy's victim get woken up when he hooks them and the Doctor is made for tracking survivors provided of course you know how to play him.**

There now you can see how bad he was trying to troll and how badly he failed, so badly in fact he got a double lol meme.

In fact this is how bad his trolling is that it deserves the ultimate failure award.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,014
    edited January 5

Qed, i win. As always.
    And powerbats is left alone eating dirt again. As always.

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,664
    edited January 5

@SnakeSound222 said:
    This sounds like an excuse to not want to use Snap Out of It. Doctor’s speciality is finding Survivors. If you don’t want to be tunneled because of the screams in tier 3, then just have another Survivor block him from getting to you while you remove tier 3 or have the other Survivor heal you before you break out of tier 3 so you can loop him for longer and get him to leave you alone because you're making him waste time chasing you. It also makes the game a little bit scarier because you're never truly safe from Madness 3 even when you're trying to remove it. 

Sure because everyone is playing swf and can count on someone to take the aggro, right? There's also always the time to snap out of it in safety. It's also so scary and fun being chased by a bad Doctor only because RNG decided to screw you up...
    And ffs, stop with this idea that the Doctor's power is for finding survivors. His ability is to mess with them, making them think they are in danger when they're not and vicersa making them go where they think they are safe, and denying loops (if you know what the hell you're doing). The tracking is only the cherry on top of this.
    Yes I get triggered about the Doctor because I spent a lot of time getting good with him, reading such things for me is like reading that the Nurse is bad becuase you don't know you can attack after a blink.

• Unnamed_FreakUnnamed_Freak Member Posts: 559

Mate, listen carefully. You only nerf something that is unfair or overpowered(or even both).

With that said, madness is the only way the Doctor has to build pressure which has counterplay. So there's no need to nerf a mid tier killer.

@Acromio said:
    Qed, i win. As always.
    And powerbats is left alone eating dirt again. As always.

The usual troll response, can't win so deflect and act like you won something when there's nothing to win unless this is a contest to stroke your ego.

Also that insult fell as flat as your last one did I mean I've heard better insults being tossed around at elementary schools while on yard duty.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,541
    Doctor doesn't need nerfs. He's fine.
    edited January 6

@Unnamed_Freak said:
    Mate, listen carefully. You only nerf something that is unfair or overpowered(or even both).

With that said, madness is the only way the Doctor has to build pressure which has counterplay. So there's no need to nerf a mid tier killer.

It seems you guys are not listening, all I get in response is "the doctor is bad so no", but as I explained in the op, I do think that mechanic is unfair and has very little counter, especially for solo survivors, which as usual get the short end of the stick but nobody cares appearently. And as I already explained, you can do very good without relying on this mechanic because Doc has much more to offer than a mechanic to tunnel more easily: his power is the more complex and with many facets but everyone just reduces him to one. Last but not least, I do think this doesn't help killers too, since it's easy to think that's the Doc's "thing" so people don't really get good with him and play him "just a M1 killer with a ginormus terror radius" good for tunneling, and then cry because the Doctor is bad and they get gen rushed.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,598
    White_Owl said:

The Doctor is among my top 3 killers and I find very annoying the propentity to tunnel of most Doctor players. The reason they can keep up despite playing horribly is just one: survivors who just got unhooked are still in Madness 3 and are very easy to find.
    I think if unhooked survivors had their Madness regressed to tier 2 good Doctors wouldn't be affected at all. I know I wouldn't. Also, it would maybe induce people to learn a bit more of the Doctor, who is not only the one "that makes people scream and easy to find".

I wouldn't mind this to be honest. Besides he's probably gonna get buffs soon anyways to compensate his lack of lethality.
  • AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,014
    edited January 10

@Nickenzie said:
    he's probably gonna get buffs soon anyways to compensate his lack of lethality.

I don't think so. Remember MCote's "Not all killers are supposed to be viable"? Besides, the Doctor is very good at killing scrubs (I bet he has the best killrate at Rank 20, right under Freddy), so...

Post edited by Acromio on
  • RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

Yes, because being penetrated by a damn hook is so [BAD WORD] soothing.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,598
    Acromio said:

@Nickenzie said:

I don't think so. Remember MCote's "Not all killers are supposed to be viable"? Besides, the Doctor is very good a killing scrubs (I bet he has the best killrate at Rank 20, right under Freddy), so...

@Acromio
    I understand where you are coming from but the developers done a lot of things for the killer role. It wouldn't be such a stretch to say they might give Doctor a QoL buff! :)

@Acromio said:

@Nickenzie said:

I don't think so. Remember MCote's "Not all killers are supposed to be viable"? Besides, the Doctor is very good a killing scrubs (I bet he has the best killrate at Rank 20, right under Freddy), so...

Well We know Freddy's up next and Hag/Trapper/Wraith have gotten their much needed reworks Doctor is probably in a better spot than say Amanda/Bubba.

Bubba after Freddy is probably most in need of a full rework then Amanda and Doctor needs changes as well with one thing being his aoe aura can be gamed.

I noticed as both a killer and survivor is that survivors can get just outside his melee range but still be inside his shock range. So no matter what they never build up static charges and also can't be shocked if he's in treatment mode.

I don't abuse it but i've seen survivors do it from both sides of gameplay and it's something that should be changed. But he should also have a fix put in for the macro users that start the shock and change to punishment and get 2 actions at the exact same time.

@RSB said:
    Yes, because being penetrated by a damn hook is so [BAD WORD] soothing.

You know the realism card doesn't really work here...

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 4,591

@Acromio said:

@powerbats said:
    Doctorino op, plz nerf duud!1!!!!

He's just a M1 killer with a ginormus terror radius. All he has is a mediocre tracking ability that can be replicated with perks (Whispers, Predator) and outclassed by certain addons (All-seeing, Amanda's letter). There's no need to remove the only way the Doctor has to keep a bit of pressure on the survivors.
    But, of course, you're powerbats, so I don't expect you to understand what I'm saying and come up with a valid counter-argument. Too bad this forum doesn't have "hide this user's posts" option like Steam.

Why are you being such a troll. Powerbats never wrote that wtf. You deserve a ban to be honest.

• aarongaiaarongai Member Posts: 119

Check out my avatar, I play Doctor a lot.

While I understand OP's complaint that getting unhooked into Madness 3 makes it nearly impossible to lose the Doctor in a chase, his idea to regress Madness to level 2 would have a major impact on generator completion times.

You can't take away Doctor's ability to stall the game without giving him something substantial to compensate. On top of that, he's already a low-mid tier killer in high ranks. He actually needs a buff, preferably to his shock therapy. A slight range buff and the removal of the 1 second delay after he releases his sparks would be some welcome quality of life changes.

@aarongai said:

While I understand OP's complaint that getting unhooked into Madness 3 makes it nearly impossible to lose the Doctor in a chase, his idea to regress Madness to level 2 would have a major impact on generator completion times.

You can't take away Doctor's ability to stall the game without giving him something substantial to compensate. On top of that, he's already a low-mid tier killer in high ranks. He actually needs a buff, preferably to his shock therapy. A slight range buff and the removal of the 1 second delay after he releases his sparks would be some welcome quality of life changes.

I disagree on the fact it would impact a lot, and imo in capable hands he is definetly not mid-low tier. His problem is that he needs a lot of practice with shock attacks to make really use of them. Personally I'd like a rework for addons for the shock attacks, since currently they are way more effective at base

@White_Owl said:

@aarongai said:

I disagree on the fact it would impact a lot, and imo in capable hands he is definetly not mid-low tier. His problem is that he needs a lot of practice with shock attacks to make really use of them. Personally I'd like a rework for addons for the shock attacks, since currently yhey are more an hindrance and the shock are way more effective at base

Doctor in the right hands in an absolute terror and I've been 4k'd with only 1 or no gens done just because they played him to the utmost. Their pathing was impeccable, loops never worked, they'd cut corners, mind game you to pieces etc.

The same is true for Freddy's, Hags, Trappers etc, if you know how to maximize their kits and get the most out of them you'll do well.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Orion said:

Too true. You don't put tracking perks on a guy who's inherently good at tracking Survivors. That'd be like putting a (hypothetical) perk that allows you to teleport on the Nurse.

Except for BBQ. 64k bloodpoints taste nice if you ask me.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

@Condorloco_26 said:

But then you're not using it for the tracking; you're using it for the BP.

• Condorloco_26Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Orion said:

@Condorloco_26 said:

But then you're not using it for the tracking; you're using it for the BP.

You're right. Truckloads of BP, especially with him. I think I've scored more 32k matches with the Doc than with all other killers combined.
  • adalesmoadalesmo Member Posts: 65

I only agree in the sense that a tunneling doctor can stop you from using your exhaustion perk for the entirety of the game with his exhaustion addon, since you're still in madness 3 when unhooked.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    1. The Doctor is in a pretty good place right now, he doesn't need a nerf.
    2. Git Gud