Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Already worried about the Freddy rework.

ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
On the livestream, they talked about the bug (more like leaked part of the rework) that stomped his MS during the dream transition. McLean mentioned that it was intentional tinkering that wasn't supposed to be in the PTB. 

Its important because if such a change will arrive, it may destroy any opportunity for transition mindgames, which is Freddys most rewarding and statisfying interaction with the survivor that increases his skillcap.
This would be a nerf that would make the game more boring for everyone involved.

I think a nice change would be a color scheme change, dream world effect or plain HUD icon which would tell Freddy when hes visible, that would allow aspiring Freddys to learn it easier while giving us a better understanding how addons that change transition times affect the phases.

33:55 - 34:55

Comments

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 663

I have absolutely no proof that Freddy will be awful after his rework, and it would be unreasonable for me to assume such a thing without that evidence.

Going by the track record of the devs, though... he's probably still gonna suck. If he doesn't, I will issue a personal apology to the team. At the moment, it's safe to say he's just another 'step' on the rework hierarchy that they're going to rush through.

• MarknessMarkness Member Posts: 174

He will receive a wraith-tier "buff", which means a slight Q.O.L. increase and that will be about it. They will buff something and nerf something else, just like how the wraith has a drag when he is uncloaking. His windstorm add-ons are the only way he isn't complete trash, and the same problem exists with legion.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,182

I just want Freddy to not be such a pain to play as sometimes. I've mastered his timing with the phasing which is why I put him mid-tier. After that though it's frustrating dealing with what feels like 1,000 pallets

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,813

There is absolutely nothing to worry about at this point. You simply do not have enough information.

• AjritokaAjritoka Member Posts: 599
    Markness said:

He will receive a wraith-tier "buff", which means a slight Q.O.L. increase and that will be about it. They will buff something and nerf something else, just like how the wraith has a drag when he is uncloaking. His windstorm add-ons are the only way he isn't complete trash, and the same problem exists with legion.

It’s been confirmed that The Nightmare is getting a complete rework; not just QoL and/or value changes.

The Wraith and The Doctor weren’t in need of reworks. They got the QoL and value buffs that were necessary to make them viable.

QoL and/or value tweaks won’t be enough for The Nightmare, and the devs know this.
  • AttackfrogAttackfrog Member Posts: 1,135

Currently it is just far too easy for survivors to wake up. Good survivors do it almost instantly.

Even in dream world, he is just an m1 killer. It would be nice to have some sort of POWER in the dream world, since you know, he has almost limitless power in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE in the dream world.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I was worried at first myself but it's a rework, his power could be completely different so slowing him down during the actual transition start could be ok. Right now he is normal speed when he puts his beam on them but slower while they transition, after the transition he's normal speed. While it looks like he is slower at the start but hopefully normal during.

I have faith the rework will be fine, they knew just as much as us that this killer needed a complete reowrk from the bottom up to fix him. We complain about a lot of things in this community and a lot of it is ignored but this they listened to and this is a HUGE task for them to do. They could have ignored this one but they agreed with us and they chose to go through the whole task of technically making a new killer. Whenever we get the new Freddy it will be like two chapters in one because we technically get two killers.

• tt_ivi_99tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,272
    We still dont have much information about his rework so maybe that change is needed to balance the way he'll play after the rework.

Dont worry, they'll put Freddy on the PTB and if they dont see It works as they want It to work, they'll change It.