Home Dead by Daylight Forums Technical Issues
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Should I consider updating my components?

Hey, I play Dbd on Ultra with uncapped frames but I experience fps drops/stutters in every match. Even with capped frames. Would you Please take a look on my rig and see, if I could improve it? Or is dbd the problem?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RTX 2060 super

Ram: 16 GB DDR 4 RAM 3200 Corsair Venegeance (corsair vengeance cmk16gx4m2a2400c16)

Mainboard: B450m pro-vdh max

PSU: 500 Watts Corsair be quiet

Monitor: iiyama G2470HSU freesync

Samsung 980 250gb Evo plus M. 2 SSD + Others but dbd is on this drive.

CPU is about 65 ° C

GPU 73 ° C

Pagefile with 16000 min and 32000 max is on the ssd.

Comments

• InsaneCoasterInsaneCoaster Member Posts: 300
    edited December 2021

You shouldn't be experiencing any major FPS issues with those specs.

However, if I'm being completely honest, DBD is known for stutters and FPS drops more recently, so it's likely to be an optimisation issue with the game rather than a hardware issue of your own. I see no problem with the specs you have.

How extreme are the FPS drops you're experiencing? And are they mitigated by playing on lower settings, or do they always occur regardless of the settings you play on?

I'd personally have a play around with settings to see if anything changes first of all. I know you said capping FPS didn't appear to make a difference, but I would recommend capping your FPS at the maximum rate your monitor supports to prevent wasting processing bandwidth.

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 535
    edited December 2021

Yeah, I thought the same.

Sometimes it's just a small hiccup (best moment when hitting a Skill Check... not) but I also have this slow motion effect when it drops 10-20 fps for 3 seconds. After that it's normal again, but the most time it happens during chases, which means I run against objects, or miss a Hit.

I tried it on High. Same issues. Everything under this looks to blurry and ugly imo.

I am not sure why, but on certain maps I don't get 120 fps. Only with - dx12 launch Option, which means a stutter fest. It's even worse.

My Monitor has 165hz but dbd is capped at 120 due to the servers.

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 676

Your specs are fine, I have a Ryzen 5 5600X paired with a 3060Ti and I still get stutters like you.

• Marc_123Marc_123 Member Posts: 2,403

Yes, the stutters and little freezes are a game thing.

For me it is very often when more events happen at once.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 10,623

Go to %AppData%\Local and delete the dead by daylight folder. That'll reset all your settings to default.

Could just be something that is misconfigured.

And STOP UNCAPPING FRAMERATE. It's not supported.

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 535

Doesn't fix it. I still got stutters and framedrops. It's also a 1 week old windows version with almost nothing installed beside dbd.

Since you mentioned dx12, what launch options are you running?

Try removing that as I dont think it's working properly. You can also try -USEALLAVAILABLECORES and see if that helps