Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How drastically would the game change if every Killer was 3% faster?

Title, I'm rocking my brain around finding small basic solutions to maybe fix some of the major issues the game has, such as large maps and Killer pressure.

Comments

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 962
    edited January 1

The ones here that are responding to your post are expert about games or what? Let devs decide.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,393

Enough to make looping significantly harder but not enough to make holding W less effective. Terrible idea

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968
    edited January 1

Honestly they should just make all killers 5% faster and then eliminate blood lust. This would significantly reduce the safety of pallets, reduce the strain of large cross map traversal, make killers more threatening, reduce the time it takes for each chase. This change would probably be enough that killers would stop complaining about genspeeds.

• SakurraSakurra Member Posts: 962
    edited January 1

No, this game is insupportable because of their players.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 964

Players are insufferable because the game enables them to do so.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,895

You're assuming the game has a major across the board balance issue that requires killers to get a global boost, which is debatable. A lot of complaints about killers being weak seems to be based around a notion that the exits should only open half the time, but that's a faulty assumption since the game is actually designed around most games having some survivors live and some die. Since most games are supposed to be in the 1-3 kill range that implies that, even if the killer plays well, if the survivors also play well then the Exits will normally be open at the end.

But for the sake of argument, let's say the devs took a fresh look at the statistics and, low and behold, the median kill results are close to 0-2 kills per match. Then there are various ways to do a global bluff. I think the best way actually would be simply to somewhat increase the time it takes to finish generators. That particular parameter is a dial that can be fine tuned up or down without having to worry as much about how it might impact specific maps or killers. If you tamper with movement speeds on all killers, though, all of a sudden you could have a bunch of loops that become less safe than you wanted and could have a much bigger buff than you wanted.

On a tangent, though, I think it would be interesting to have a killer that part of their kit is they are the only 120% or even slightly higher movement speed killer in the game. They might not even need much of a secondary ability beyond just being really jacked runners from all their cross-training. 😄 Clown is almost like this, except that he has to juice up with his yellow gas before a chase. I'd almost like to see them buff Clown by letting him move 120% all the time, and then if hypothetically he became overpowered from that tone down his bottles somewhat to compensate. Clown is widely considered one of the weakest killers, if I was going to pick a simple to understand base kit buff for him it could be 120% movement speed.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

I would like to add in...

• Base Regression being .50 (instead of .25)

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 1,125

Imagine they did a PTB were they would just change one of this parameters for a week and collect data/feedback from the community instead of endlessly arguing back and forth and being hit or miss with their nerfs and buffs. Right, Billy?

• foxsansboxfoxsansbox Member Posts: 982

######### concur.

They don't believe in incremental data gathering, that requires the fine eye for detail that they've just never had, I'm looking at you Deathslinger slow as molasses redeemer shouldering.