Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What if Leatherface couldn't use his chainsaw within 3 metres of a hook?

Regulus47Regulus47 Member Posts: 146

This would be a perfect way to stop facecamping with this killer. He can't rev his chainsaw when close and if he is already using it, the chainsaw ends when it goes in this range.

In return maybe buff his token recharge speed or make the tantrum shorter. I don't know. But this would completely solve the facecamping problem!

Comments

• Regulus47Regulus47 Member Posts: 146

But the chainsaw attack would end when he got too close to the hook. Like when it runs out of charges.

edited January 4

Then chainsaw then after they go away from the hook, if you're that desperate to camp. Or grab them off the hook...or chainsaw them before they get to the hook. You shouldn't be able to just get two free instadowns with no counterplay just by existing nearby, it's stupid.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,010

He would just wait until the unhook then or saw the saviour before he gets 3 meters close to the hook (which is also the best outcome of a facecamping situation, saviour down and no unhook). Or switch to Trickster or Huntress (who are also incredible strong facecampers).

Problem is not Leatherface/Killers camping but it being so hard to punish by Solo Survivors which makes the strat so appealing, if BHVR somehow manages to give Solos a way of punishing facecamping where a Killer doing this ends the game with only 1 Kill maybe they will stop doing it.

The problem with camping wont be solved with new systems that can be abused by Survivors or by tweaking Killers one by one and change how they work around hooks, or with perks etc, it will be solved once it starts to not pay off, unless that happens people will keep finding ways of doing it and raking in 3-4 kills.

• GuyFawxGuyFawx Member Posts: 1,784

just went against a Build A Bubba and you forget that he can still m1 and BT is your only hope. It sucks when you dont bring it but thats i guess always the risk. Personally i think he needs something more like the sprint removed when near a hook so he can still multishot but not as recoverable if the save is planned right.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

I would wait till they unhook, then I can hit both anyway.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,858

Picture how many hooks are on a map. Now imagine everytime Bubba is in a chase a survivor just loops him around a loop with a hook nearby, turning off the chainsaw every time.

Almost certainly totally breaks Bubba. No amount of extra charges makes up for that.

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

So Everytime bubba is chasing someone they have a safe zone to run to? Doesn't seem in keeping with the spirit of the game, though it does bring to mind when BHVR made it so that hook progress slowed if the killer was nearby. Nobody got rescued, because the survivors preferred to keep that safe zone up, rather than have a full, working team.

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,735

This isn't said enough but this idea creates an immunity zone where you can leave survivors on hooks and loop around them if they want to negate his saw. Yes you can m1 but that creates unfair scenarios where a bubba will get there power cancelled by deliberate exploitation.

Picture your bubba your making distance on the survivor and then they lead you to a hooked survivor. As you start to close the gap. Your saw fails and that survivor moves on to the next loop instead of saving there friend.

Please envision yourself as the killer before suggesting changes that would be easily exploited. Yes camping bubba sucks but I d sooner recommend a hook rework system then randomly gut killer powers and add additional frustration mechanics for people who are playing fairly.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Yes I should, if Survivors are stupid enough to go for the unhook without BT while I am nearby as a Killer with an insta-down power.

Survivors really need to stop demanding the devs hold their hands & make the game easier just because they don't want to be punished for bad plays. And yes, it's the Survivor's bad play, because they have to willingly go to a hook while knowing who the Killer is, knowing he is nearby, and attempting an unsafe unhook. Why should the Survivor get that unhook for free?

'What if I don't know who the Killer is/that he is there?' Then he out-played you and deserves the double-down.

But to some Survivors; camping is against their made up rules, and it's just a matter of time before BHVR enforces their fake rules on everyone else. 🤭

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 952

Sounds not very fair to just turn off a Killers power

Sounds not very fair to stop a survivor from playing the game by facecamping them

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

I'd stay on the hook as along as possible and watch my teammates escape while the Killer gets 1, maybe 2K, provided my teammates aren't potatoes.

ANd if the Bubba is trying to anger me with revving in my face; I laugh.

So many Survivors seem to have this weird mindset where they think 'My fun matters more', which is the excuse they use to shame Killers and scream for nerfs & punishments.

They also have this idea that Killers exist to promote Survivor fun, as if Killers are paid employees at a haunted house. They're supposed to be scary, but let Survivors go. The second one is unhappy they were camped to death, Survivors want to 'speak to the Manager' (IE: Scream at BHVR for punishments).

• YankusYankus Member Posts: 516

Can we please remove Bubbas chainsaw and make it so he can't attack survivors please? I was doing a gen and he was able to kill me which is an obvious bug

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,058

I have the best idea. Every time Bubba hooks a survivor, an small, cute and rideable fluffy pony spawns on the map. Bubba can than choose to continue camping or go get the rideable mount and chase others. The mount will despawn if he goes back to the hook.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 952
  • AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Nobody stopped you from playing the game. Being on a hook is part of playing as survivor. This is probably the only pvp game I've ever seen where people seriously try to use this argument.

Even the literal children playing Fortnite, when they are sniped out of the air before they get a chance to even take a step (far less "playing" than a healthy survivor gets being chased for 2 health states by a killer in DbD) don't try and claim they were unfairly stopped from playing, and they're just eliminated in that game, no chance of rescue.

Even in games like the Souls and Watch Dogs, where you could invade someone's game and kill them while they are trying to complete a quest, people don't whine that they aren't being allowed to play.

I played F13 for years and never heard that complaint, and again, once you die there, that's it. No 3 hook stages, 1 brutal kill animation and you're stuck watching and hoping you get to be the next Tommy.

• DatFastBoiDatFastBoi Member Posts: 444

Just let it be at this point. Unless the Bubba is bad at the game it’s a free kill. Can’t do anything about that.