Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Let's imagine ourselves as a DBD dev. Why in the world would you make the changes that they make?

HaddixHaddix Member Posts: 866
edited January 4 in General Discussions

Because I can't see it.

Naturally, you'd nerf something if it's OVERPOWERED, right? Not just "overused." Perhaps you'd come to the conclusion that some addons are "overused" because every other option is terrible, not that THAT addon is too strong? Maybe you'd give some SIGNIFICANT BUFFS to other things to encourage diversity?

So why isn't this the case? Why does BHVR do this?

I genuinely want some REAL dev insight right now.

Why was Mikhael's Eye nerfed? Did anyone ask for this?

Why was Toy Sword nerfed? By 0.05%? What's even the point?

Why was Stale Biscuit nerfed? Did anyone ask for this? (Actually, no, people asked for the OPPOSITE. People have expressed how AWFUL their 5-8 second fatigue feels)

Madeline's Scarf? Did anyone ask for this? By 2.5%? What's even the point?

Why was Marvin's Blood nerfed? Did anyone ask for this? By 8%? What is the point?

Why was Bubba's addon, Long Guide Bar, which virtually does nothing because the value it affects is irrelevant in 99% of Bubba play, given a number buff instead of a rework? Did anyone ask for this?

Why was Clown's Bleach nerfed by 1%? Again, what is the point of that? Did anyone ask for this?

Why were ALL of these things nerfed over ACTUAL extremely strong killer addons, I.E. something like Alchemist's Ring?

Speaking of that, WHY was a Blight addon touched, yet none of his other ones? I understand it may be on your radar, but why was ADRENALINE VIAL on your radar before his most insane addons? They've been talked about for over 15 months now. Hasn't Adrenaline Vial been touched about 3-4 times now? Why does this addon get changes 3-4 times but there is NOTHING for other addons?

PLEASE. YOUR COMMUNITY WANTS TO UNDERSTAND WHY YOU THINK THE WAY YOU DO. People ARE NOT agreeing with OR understanding your changes. Please be a little transparent and give some insight, because you guys seem the be the ONLY ones here who have ever thought of these random changes.

Comments

• HaddixHaddix Member Posts: 866

Thank you for mentioning that. It's been a major problem for months and hasn't gotten a SINGLE comment from BHVR.

I feel like we're working with AI. I'm just so sad about this.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,848

This can't be ture other wise DH would have been nerfed already it's usage has to be way over the rest of the perks.

• GeneralVGeneralV Member Posts: 7,098

You would not.

• MrCalac123MrCalac123 Member Posts: 952

It is absolutely true, they just don't want to nerf Survivor stuff.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

Because I solely listen to "statistical numbers" despite having no background in statistics and never even taking an online course for it.

Only reason I can come up with, and the way they are nerfing certain things solely for being popular just makes me feel more like that's the reason. Marvin's blood was likely nerfed solely because stats showed it was the most used.

It's starting to really look that way. Not one of the meta perks has been touched medkit are seen in a ton of my matches yet they are untouched. If you want to use usage numbers foe balance then it needs to go both ways you can't be like well x perk or addon is used to often on this killer but then not touch the stuff been used every match on the other side.

• BenihimeWrathBenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

That recent experiment/tournament showed that the game is nearly perfectly balanced at the highest level. Its just completely not fun at all.

• Hero_awesomeHero_awesome Member Posts: 282

I can tell you it's because they don't play the game at high MMR. It's a joke when anyone tells me a Dev is live streaming. They only play survivor and look at stats. I really believe They don't play killer and just listens to the survivor side since it's 4V1

My thing with the Nemesis nerf is he gives 3 health states and his power has to build thats so much time trying to get your power to a spot it feels good and now you have more trouble migrating that issue.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

The Addon nerfs just are lazy stat reading (Bad Word)

The Perk changes are better stat reading (but not many people would've wanted more before... but will take anything now)

But I don't see any of them making it's way into the "meta" anytime soon

• KayTwoAyyKayTwoAyy Member Posts: 615

Dude, you need to calm down.

Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean there isn't a good reason.

While you might only care about balancing changes, BHVR values thematics and design intention.

Looking at the discussions around Trickster's Main Event, and the Developer's desire to build up to a crescendo with his power, we can reason that Nemesis is designed with a similar power curve in mind. Nemesis is not supposed to be super strong early in the trial--his Tier-system is an intentional design choice, as is the limited number of antidotes.

Early in the trial, survivors can shrug off an infection by picking up an antidote, and pallets can actually be used to put some distance between the survivor and the killer. As the trial goes on, Nemesis grows in power--quite literally as he Tiers up, and by proxy of a deminishing number of antidotes remaining in the trial.

Marvin's Blood completely negates the thematic intentions of Nemesis' design, and provides players with an underwhelming shortcut to the finish line.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,995

I agree with that, the nerf to Marvin's Blood is fine. But Mikhail's Eye? That one doesn't make any sense to me.

• throwaway79465468797throwaway79465468797 Member Posts: 682

It does bring out a great point here that we can be civil and still discuss key points that need to be made about the game. A shame that I dont think any developers peruse, much less talk about or even post on these forums. Behavior and Mod posts are probably mostly considered community managers or just downright forum moderators and have no real stake in developer changes