Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How on earth is CoH not being nerfed?

Comments

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

'Eventually' is the key word. Maybe in 2 years, once her DLC stops raking in the bucks for having such a busted perk. 🧐

• Killing_TimeKilling_Time Member Posts: 551

Survivors pump more money into the game. Any significant survivors nerfs will take a long time.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,181

I can only think of 2 reasons

Most likely cause Hour of the witch was released on a midchapter instead of a actual chapter so the revisit of it will happen on the next chapter instead of how it usually would be this midchapter.

Or CoH is fine on their stats. There are a lot and i mean a lot of survivors who are using it wrong and throwing games chasing boons while never touching gens

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 724

It’s 100% clear that they don’t, at least not enough to know what the experience of their customers is like.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,514

The data shows Clown as outperforming every other Killer, which is why we nerfed his two best add-ons.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,355

Wouldn't be surprised if they think it's fine because their data includes a ton of survivors who are bad at using it and aren't setting up boons properly. Which is something I definitely see sometimes.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

It's also probably due to their schedule... even if they did show us what they have planned it comes off as "them not listening to the community"

Yea I don't get why certain things happen but it happened so let us learn how everything plays now

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,314

Why nerfed an add-on that requires more stalk than usual? You need at least 3 people fully stalked before using this. If survivors are smart then only one person should be empty.

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

Its simple the dev dont think the perk is game changing in their head the survivor waste 14 sec to do a totem that mean the game is 14 sec longer so killer have more time to kill the survivor they dont see the fact that survivor heal themself in 16 sec or faster depending if they have a med kit or not

• BloodwebsBloodwebs Member Posts: 96

@IamFran totally agree with you here. Mettle of Man was piped down ASAP. That perk was so busted on release.

Maybe it would be prudent for the developers to include forum feedback with in-game statistics.

• SunsetSherbetSunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,292

Hour of the witch DLC is still selling

• CanasCanas Member Posts: 652

Why would any sane person waste auric cells/actual money on their original chapters, though? I only use shards for that.

• Dilif69Dilif69 Member Posts: 147

better nerf clown and twins

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 605

Personally I think that the healing speed of CoH needs to be nerfed to like 70-80% and cap self-healing at 100%. And that basically fixes the issue

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,748

My idea to change CoH is to model it after the last change to Built to Last. When it is snuffed out and rebooned, it it less effective with healing and a smaller range each time.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,289

I refuse to use Boons unless I have a double stamped rainbow burrito.

Maybe too many people run around, do nothing and die and have skewed the data on Boons.

I know from my own anecdotes I've come to dislike Mike Reid players because they are the new Claudettes.

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,346

They'll nerf circle of healing after they make what they find to be enough money off of Mikaela and then we need to wait another 2 years. Then they'll nerf CoH.

On a serious note, I don't understand how they don't see a problem with CoH. They'll probably give the same bad argument they give for why they can't touch Dead Head, I mean Dead Hard. "This perk is working as intended and so it doesn't need to be changed." Hasn't stopped them in the past from nerfing killers and their kits, even if they were finally in a solid position.

It’s just a little concerning that there’s nothing being said about it. Even if there’s a plan for it to be reworked, a little notice would be cool I guess :|

It’s clear that the majority of the DbD playerbase (and at least in my experience; the players I play with in my region - OCE) aren’t a fan of the perk at all.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 225

Between a majority of the maps being survivor-sided, the existence of DH and now COH.. the developers really want killers to just tunnel every survivor to the death lol

• landromatlandromat Member Posts: 2,193

Devs don't play their game so they need months or even years of stats before they do any changes

edited January 6

The only way to be strategic against a good team is to hardcore tunnel or proxy camp the booners out of the game hoping another survivor will be lurking around for a save.

But even then, the gens will be smashed out in the interim.

• teccyTapteccyTap Member Posts: 1

its a too abusable

• Alec_MorgensternAlec_Morgenstern Member Posts: 19

I find the introduction of boons with a complete disregard for how their game operates actually hilarious.

CoH:-

Trapper - Someone stepped in a trap that you're not near and escaped and you think you can go down them, lol that's cute

Wraith - Sorry, no more hit and run now

Huntress - Srew your cross maps

Legion - Sorry, no more hit and run now

Ghost Face - Insta down or become an M1 killer with no power

Oni - Sorry, no more hit and run now to get blood

Twins - You injured someone with Victor? Well guess what, they're on the other side of the map and healed now

Nemisis - Your Zombies actually managed to injure someone? Well now that survivor is occupied for 2 seconds (YAY)

Artist - You crossed mapped someone with a crow? That's nice, they're healed. (Also screw Pentimento)

SS:-

Billy - Screw your BBQ snipes

Nurse - You hit someone and now they have Iron Will, well you better go find someone else to chase, they're long gone. And also screw your BBQ snipes and whilst we're at it, screw Nurses calling.

Hag - Screw your aura add-on for triggered traps.

Doc - Screw your aura add-on for tier ups

Huntress - Screw your BBQ cross maps

Freddy - Good lucking figuring out which gen they're on without BBQ

Spirit - Screw your BBQ snipes

Oni - Screw your BBQ snipes

Blight - Screw your BBQ snipes

Twins - Screw sending Victor after BBQ procs

Artist - Screw your BBQ procs (Also screw Pentimento)

Unbreakable Boon:-

Trapper - You have the dying state add-on? That's nice

Billy - Trying to slug for pressure? That's cute

Nurse - Trying to slug for pressure? Adorable

Myers - Trying to slug to get more T3 value? Think again!

Hag - Trying to slug for pressure because another trap was triggered? Too bad

Huntress - You cross mapped downed someone? That's nice, they're already up

Bubba - Trying to slug for pressure? Well stop being so toxic and take off Insidious and leave the basement

Pig - Want to leave your obsession slugged for a little bit because they're on death hook? Well now all the gens are done and you're screwed.

Plague - Trying to slug to get more benefit from your Corrupt Purge? Too cute

Oni - Trying to slug to get more out of your Demon Dash? This is a survivors game now

Blight - Running Alchemist's Ring and wanting to slug for pressure? Well guess what, use a different add-on (and stop running Tinkerer, you ain't cool)

Twins - You downed someone with Victor across the map? Well that was a waste of time

Nemisis - Your Zombies actually did something and downed someone? Hope you were paying attention to where they were, else you may as well forget about it.

Pinhead - Want to slug someone because the box is being solved? Screw it, who needs Chain Hunt anyway

Artist - You want to try cross map down someone? May as well eat your own crows. (Also screw Pentimento)

All 3 boons together:-

Killers - It's ok, I'll just go play a different game. I hear VHS is good!

edited January 6

@Alec_Morgenstern your comment is perfectly accurate.

Perhaps if a DBD dev could be tagged in this post / look into how it detriments each individual killer's powers by looking at your comment may provide some valuable feedback.

@Peanits - Are there any plans to rework boons in the near future?

I look forward to hearing from you.