Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What are the reasons for the disconnects between community and devs ?

BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,231

So it took 4 years for a healthy decisive strike change.

Now we have another perk that even a lot of survivors admit is broken in circle of healing. No changes to boons. No nerf to this perk

Dead hard is so problematic it's not even funny, and no change to dead hard. People I kid you not. I counted 35 times in a 3 hour span last night where I had a moment of "omg out played !!" Because of dead hard.

People want change to Alch Ring. Which I'm ok with. Even being a blight "main"

So my point is. What is the reason between the total disconnect between what people are VERY unhappy with and KNOW is not healthy for the game. And the developers at BHVR ?

Comments

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

Its simple bhvr dont play enough game to see what are the issue. Or it could be they dont have any good player testing the game for them or they just ignore the feedback of all the good player they have because they have a competitive mindset.

• MrPeanutbutterMrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 724

I think part of it is that they don’t play their game enough to understand what the big issues are for regular players. The other (bigger) factor I believe is that they are really worried about upsetting their main revenue stream, which is SWF players. If that’s the way the want to go, then fine (it’s their game), but they’re risking killing it by ignoring feedback from killers who are becoming increasingly frustrated with the game.

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

They play their game that for sure we all saw the video were a dev cant hit a hex lullaby skill check and in the next patch the perk was nerf. I think they are just so casual about their game they balance around casual player and we have the issue the game currently have low mmr killer win mid and high mmr survivor destroy killer

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

I think they're also afraid of making the Survivor side too unhappy because they're majority of the players after all while juggling on giving enough carrot for the Killer to stay. They also don't play the game enough to understand the issue.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,231
    edited January 5

Probably 3.2 or something. I can typically 4k. And very rarely don't at least get a 2k. But I also have no problems with playing in ways that are unfun for other people(tunneling, camping when needed) I stream if you ever want to catch me.

The dead hard point was more to make the point of...Roughly 35 times last night. I had a good mind game that SHOULD of gotten me a hit. But didn't because of dead hard. A lot of them being blight and playing shack properly. But getting screwed out of my window hit. That I can't really take the time to bait the dead hard out.

• BrokenSouIBrokenSouI Member Posts: 5,231
  • AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited January 5

I have a few hypotheses

1. They see the complaints, but at the same time are presented with things like "franklin's shouldn't exist", "noed shouldn't exist" "flashlights shouldn't exist" "killers shouldn't be able to do anything near a hook" complaints that vastly outnumber the legit ones, and so it gets lost in the noise.

2. There is a pattern of every new perk/mechanic being seen as "the worst ever" for some time by whichever side is hit by it. Bhvr knows this, and is giving time for the furor to settle down and see what is hyperbole and what is legit.

3. A change is coming, but they aren't sure on the specifics, don't want to announce an incorrect change, and so have decided not to announce it until it's changed. (This could apply to DH, COH, etc) this seems least likely to me.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

Also their schedule has something to do about what happens.... Why is no one saying that???

If we can see what they plan on changing then there wouldn't be this much backlash over not changing things

Do you think that they put all of complaints on their schedule a year ago???

• BrimpBrimp Member Posts: 1,156

Because they only balance around statistics so apparently people with dh still only escape around 50% of the time which is all they care about. If more people escaped with dead hard it would most likely be nerfed.

• rebel581rebel581 Member Posts: 71

I mean the video for this is funny but it's pretty common as a developer to test out what you work on and notice unintentional bugs while using the product (in this case a game). Your clients (the players) may have never known it was a bug and thought it was intentional or just annoying so you never got a bug report or maybe the bug report got buried. Maybe you're even a junior developer on the team and you knew about it but thought it was intentional because you just joined the development team a year ago and don't know the history of the creation of the perk.

Don't get me wrong. It's a funny video and the story of "the dev sucks at the game and they nerfed a perk because he couldn't do something simple" is a funny story. I laughed too.

It's also a bit detached from the reality of how software development works. You don't really know what the original intention was and part of the reason the developer may not have been prepared for the skill checks was because he designed the perk with the intention that the skill checks didn't affect the snap out of it action. Then there was a bug so he was surprised he even had to pay attention to skill checks.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,904

They haven't done the Mikaela balance pass yet (notice none of her add-ons or perks are in this patch). I'm assuming that when they finish her balance pass is when we'll see changes to Circle of Healing and tweaks to some of her other stuff. I figured it might be this patch but maybe March then? 🤷‍♂️