Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Why NOED is unfair. (My opinion)

124»

Comments

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited January 6

"That's all well and good, but that's not going to work if you finish gen five and then the killer spots you. He's still going to get the chase halved."

And why shouldn't he? He played all game with 3 perks, and now spotted you when his 4th finally kicked in. That's how the game works. Sometimes, you get spotted at a bad time. Sometimes you turn the corner and run right into the killer. Sometimes ruin spawns right next to a survivor. If "fair" to you means that the counterplay always works 100% of the time, then nothing is fair.

Yes, the killer can shut down the perk by killing the survivor who has it, so winning 4 chases against a survivor. Luckily the perk only helps with totems, it's not something that is required to find or destroy them. (Compared to the ways survivors can remove some perks, by destroying a totem that can't run or hide, it's a bit more work)

As a matter of fact, I had to look up what the perk was called because I don't use it. There are 10 spawn points per map, they aren't hard to find, so I bring Inner Strength instead as my totem perk. (I prefer it over COH as it's not dependant on being in a certain spot on the map, and quite frankly, COH isn't hard to come by with my teammates)

• R1ch4rd_N1x0nR1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,507

The only unfair thing about it in my opinion is it's power against solo q. It's not very good against parties.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 336

I mean, know I keep saying this, but it's only "unfair" against groups of multiple people all throwing themselves at a hook during EGC. It has no power over someone who doesn't walk right in front of me and go for a save I probably could have just grabbed them off of, anyway.

The number one counter to NOED is not being an idiot.

• R1ch4rd_N1x0nR1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,507

So getting instadowned makes you an idiot? XD. I break all totems every game in an effort to stop NOED. This is much easier when in a party.

I mean, the way I play NOED (and, honestly, the only way I've ever seen it played) is that I get a down as soon as it activates (or, ideally, just before, so the others don't know it's coming) and facecamp the hook. I may open the exit gates before hooking, if I think I can get away with it, just to increase pressure.

90% of the time, 2-3 of them will all come for the hook at once, even if they know NOED is in play, and then it's gg. Doing that makes you an idiot, yes.

The smart ones go find NOED and take it out while I'm camping the hook. Luckily, smart ones are few and far between. (Honestly, going for a hook save at all once the gates are open isn't a good strategy except under very specific circumstances, even when NOED isn't involved. Once again, though, that doesn't stop anyone from trying. I get a lot of kills that way.)

• GwintyGwinty Member Posts: 806

Please note that I very much agree that NoeD should get a slight change. I am not in favour of this perk as it is now. I would retain it's hidden nature during the match but make it easier to cleanse once it becomes active by adding the mechanic of "Hex: Plaything" to NoeD.

Pulsar did a very good job of illustrating that "do bones" is not a valid argument by the way. Something that I would agree too.

• sizzlingmario4sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 2,321

“Doing bones” as something that should be done every single match is not practical and never was. It may not take long to cleanse 1 totem, but cleansing 5 actually takes a significant amount of time. It’s a much better strategy to remember where totems are and go back later if noed comes into play, otherwise you might get 4 and the last one you couldn’t find becomes noed. Will you have some games where all the totems get cleansed? Yeah, but should you have to cleanse 5 totems to possibly prevent 1 perk that might not even exist? I don’t think so.

Boons are another reason now not to cleanse dull totems. Ignoring the fact that COH desperately needs a nerf, with how strong it is right now it’s not worth cleansing a dull totem if it could have been used by a teammate for a blessing.

The actual power level of noed is fine; I just want it to be something that isn’t given to the killer for doing nothing. If it is changed in this regard, then I would even be okay with making it stronger in return.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Survivors: Doing bones in impossible! There's five of them and 4 of us! We don't have the time!

Also Survivors: Infinite Circle Of Healing goes brrrrr!

• AsherFrostAsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

1. Shouldn't it take a lot of work to stop 1 of 4 perks from activating at all in a match? I mean, that's a pretty big thing to be able to do, I can't light 5 totems and remove DH from the match as killer, but as survivor I can completely remove a killer perk before I ever have to deal with it, that's a really big deal. As you yourself noted, you dont have to destroy every totem to stop noed, you can simply remember and check after if it activates.

2. Noed doesn't override boons, so if anything the new boon perks make it easier to stop noed, by taking possible spawns out. If 3 of the 5 dulls on the map have been booned, noed is going to be on one of the other 2. Not only that but everyone on your team sees the totem when it is booned, so you know where it is if the killer does snuff it out and it becomes the noed totem later (which is rare)

That would make it useless. If you can just see where it is and cleanse it as soon as it's up and running, it'll go from being marginally useful and essential to certain builds to being plain worthless.

It's one of those perks like DH where the game is better with it, and it's strong, but there's no way to nerf it without ruining it.

And again, it's an opt-in situation in most cases. You can get the gates open before the killer gets a second down, and then it's your choice whether to keep playing a game with NOED in play. And there's still an easy counter, which is to go find NOED and remove it, which shouldn't be hard to do since the killer is probably hanging around the hook waiting for you to do what most survivors do and run towards him in a kamekazi attack.

It doesn't stop people from trying. Had a couple today where 4-5 totems got cleansed each.

I was running Pentimento.

It was fun.

This is actually a good point. And, to its credit, I did have a couple of games where they did all or most of the totems today. 4Kd them, including one with Legion on Haddonfield. They accomplished it, but it WAS a waste of time on their part, whereas they actually get something worthwhile out of spamming boon totems all over the ######### map.