Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 5.5.0 PTB Feedback

Are you actually serious with this?

124»

Comments

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,186

Effective bodyblocking and sabo plays typically require more than one survivor to be bothering the killer at a down, unless hook placement was already extremely unfavorable and there was only a single hook the killer could have reached. Otherwise, the absolute best you can get away with is trading yourself for the person being carried. Comms also lets people convey whether they've got it or whether you're just going to give the killer some free health states and to not bother.

I play, like, 97% solo queue and 3% SWF, and I've seen and done more successful sabo and bodyblock plays in the 3% than I've witnessed or joined in the 97%. SWFs have a massive edge on those playstyles; solos attempting them are risky even at their absolute best.

Boil Over really isn't good unless you're using it to run to hook deadzones. It's all the map-dependency of Balanced Landing, but without half as much direct control, and it won't even matter in most situations you manage to trigger it if you can even convince the killer to jump off a hill when the perk icon is right there warning them. It strikes me as a perk that's good for exploiting failures in map design but still very bad at anything else.

If the wiggle thing isn't going to be a factor, and that's the best thing that can be said about it, why include it? There was no point in shaking up this mechanic and again, I only realistically see it empowering already coordinated survivors. The wiggle feature doesn't exist so that survivors can reliably get out of being downed. It exists to enable certain high-risk-high-reward plays and to prevent the killer from taking the survivor into the basement every time. It was balanced as it was and did not need a buff.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,873

Regarding the last point, the change to the Wiggle mechanic is a quality of life one, people were annoyed with the repetitive motion thing of the current Wiggle system much like they didn’t like repeatedly tapping space on the second hook. This wiggle skill check is just a natural extension of the second hook change. It’s not intended as either a buff or nerf but something to make wiggling more fun and interactive and less physically straining for people who were vulnerable to that.

Personally I would have probably set it so that Good checks result in a 17 second time and Great in a 15 second time or something like that. That keeps the average at more or less 16 and gives a fairly nice benefit if you can hit all the Great checks without making it too short. But they’re going with 16 and 15 so… 🤷‍♂️ Whatever.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,186

I have no problems with wiggle being skill checks; I just don't get why they decided to add great skill checks. They didn't make it so that hitting the right spot on a hook made you struggle longer because the point was a QoL change (my space bar still bears the scars of my nails tapping the same spot), not a change to how the mechanic itself worked.

I wouldn't dislike a 17-15 as much, because I would guess on average that survivors will hit about half of them (they're quite easy to hit compared to regular greats) and it would average out, but again I'd rather just have the old reliable 16. Less uncertainty on the killer's end, no potential abuse with skill check macros, no punishing baby players that don't know what they're doing. There's no reason for there to be an actual skill factor in this mechanic.

• dugmandugman Member Posts: 5,873

I think having the extra skill factor helps make it more interesting because it incentivizes paying extra attention to it. Rewarding interacting with the game is typically a good mechanic.

• gilgamergilgamer Member Posts: 1,922

I just wanna understand why? Was it even intentional? Because I feel like although that 1 second will rarely mean anything but it will happen sometimes and messing with a base mechanic of the game, something that is interacted with every single game that is played on accident is concerning.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 336

Just slug everyone and let them think twice about it the next time.

• LibervitaLibervita Member Posts: 189

The killer's skill set has undergone a lot of testing and nerfing, so that the maximum benefit of the skill set allows the survivors to find a solution.

But the skills of the survivor are not required and can leave the killer without a solution.

Why?

I thought the struggling QTE was fun and good, but the acceleration to break free? It was too powerful.

The QTE to break free is relatively simple, and the combination with skills is too powerful. A single "Boil Over" can prevent the killer from hooking the survivors quickly.

In combination with Breakout, if the killer is more than about 16 meters away from the hook, he cannot walk to the hook at all.

If the survivor falls on the second floor, and the hook is only on the first floor, Boil Over can make this process loop indefinitely.

Keeping the killer at zero hanging count is already the status quo.

• CyberDragoon656CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

None of that matters since the perks are always the same, as long as the survivor meta and the general state the game is in is the same nothing will change.

• JoaoVanBlizzardJoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 222
    edited January 8

Please stop this thing of creating skillcheck for everything, it makes the game boring and discouraging, just put the directional stick to the right (or left) and the character would start the wiggle, so much work to do something that could be simpler and less boring.

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,140

Mandy hi Ily I wanna say this without sounding bitchy. People are mad that the meta is being shaked up but not in the way we need. Yes we want a meta shake up but we don't want a meta shake up with more powerful survivor perks. We want our current roster of meta perks brought down and the weaker ones raised so they're in more line with each other not all weak perks brought up to current meta levels (I dont think this is the case with boil over its just my example)

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,008

On that video Gemjas linked, the creator literally admitted they missed SEVERAL great skillchecks.

• Prex91Prex91 Member Posts: 691
    edited January 9

You have to nerf meta perks, or buff weak perks, but not make that abusable broken in combo. Perks needs to be an help, not to carry noobs. Healing combo when you can heal in 4 seconds many times, 15 seconds gen repair builds, impossibile to hook sabo build. That stuff you really think can give a serious reputation to your game?

It seems like a circus to me! Ok, solo needs buff and facecamp a big nerf, needs to go.But give survivors almost cheating combos is not healty for your game reputation and non credit to licenses you get. Game is wobderful, but that stuff ruin it.

Post edited by Prex91 on
  • BardonBardon Member Posts: 502

In regards to the wiggle mechanics, may I offer a suggestion to BHVR - not that I believe them to be listening, but if enough people like this idea they might??

Instead of the new Wiggle mechanics, allow the new Toggle optional mechanism for wiggles.

Survivors who love the old-school button bash? Happy.

Survivors with accessibility issues? Happy.

Survivors who want to not wiggle and let the Killer carry them to Hatch? Happy.

Killers who don't get a 6% nerf on their time to get someone on hook? Happy.

Win-win-win and a selling point for accessibility access. Why wouldn't you go that way?

• PlayTwinkPlayTwink Member Posts: 454

I'm sorry to say it. But most of the perks that were changed in PTB will need to have something more than increased values. They need either kindred treamtment or decisive strike one. Complete rework with the similiar concept.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,383
    edited January 9
  • Risky12Risky12 Member Posts: 27

Have 1 or 2 teammates run breakout, everyone equip boil over and flip flop and have everyone bring a support perk that aids in recovery or healing. In the most optimal situation for this perk build a survivor has 50% wiggle progress, if a killer drops from high up that's a additional 25% so we're at 75% wiggle already. Now have 1 survivor stay ahead of the killer as they make haste towards a hook, in this situation the one running has breakout. So doing the numbers without factoring the great skillchecks, gives us a time to wiggle free of 3.226 seconds. It's a rough approximation but can be very bad for any killer. I'm just trying to say that this can be gamebreaking for balance.

With all due respect, I know your job can be hard but, the video did show a LOT of progress be made instantly.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,536

I totally agree. Change it to holding left and right on the controller/keyboard. If the survivor presses right, it causes the killer to stumble right a bit and adjust his movement to the "right-pressure" the survivor is exerting, if they press left, the killer stumbles left a bit and will have a "left-pressure" added to his movement from the survivor exerting pressure to the left.

If the survivor has Boil Over, then the left and right causes more movement in that direction.

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,008

Basekit wiggling does not need buffs at all. Just remove the great skillchecks completely and everything is fine.

• JoaoVanBlizzardJoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 222

no, you have to remove the skillchecks too, you don't need that, there are better ways to make players use the wiggle

• Sandt21Sandt21 Member Posts: 493

Hitting every great skill check removes 1 full second from the wiggle times, but I agree that there shouldnt be great skill checks at all for wiggling

• smappdoodasmappdooda Member Posts: 457

For those saying "No one will hit greats consistently." you clearly don't know what muscle memory is. Because the movement is like a metronome, it will be pretty easy to learn the timing because it just bounces back and forth. NOW, if the bar was erratic, THAT would be a different story.

Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt7yEV0gJWY