Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.5.0 PTB

Add A Swf Display Icon In The Lobby

Code25Code25 Member Posts: 5

As someone who plays killer a lot I think it would be really useful to show when survivors are in a group together. The amount of toxic groups that I get on the daily is unbelievable and really ruins the experience, I definitely think that hiding the killer's loadout was a step in the right direction but I think this change would help massively. Another problem with swf groups is that the ranks of the people in the group are almost never near mine making the game either way too in my favor or way too in the survivors favor. For example I had a game about 2 days ago where I was rank 8 and I went against a rank 10 and two rank 3s.

Comments

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I'm Rank a 1 Survivor who plays solo, I got matched to a Rank 15 twice back to back. They aren't always SWF but they usually are. This would be cool

• DexyIVDexyIV Member Posts: 500

How is this feedback to the changes made in the PTB?

• Code25Code25 Member Posts: 5

@DexyIV said:
    How is this feedback to the changes made in the PTB?

It's in response to hiding the killer's loadout. Since they made that change (and I highly doubt that they will remove it) I think it would be beneficial to make this change as well, maybe even display the ranks of the survivors too.

• TipsistionTipsistion Member Posts: 4

Not a bad idea OP. I could get behind this.

• VageVage Member Posts: 6
    What a nice idea, I would love to see all the killers starting skip SWF, so people who play with friends will starting get frustrated because they buy a MULTIPLAYER game but they can’t play with any friends (lobby dodging, you know)

Not anyone will play as a toxic team, someone want just to play with some friends, I play solo mainly, sometime I play with one or two friends without any voice communication and when I play with voice communication we talk about other things.

Place an SWF badge will cause 100% lobby dodge from ANY killer.

At that time a refund of the game and all dlc’s must be allowed also after 1k hours of game time, you know, buying a multiplayer co-op game and can’t play it with friends...., Anyway I also play as a killer and I know that there is some toxic SWF, but not all SWF are toxic as [BAD WORD], I will always gg wp as survivor or killer also if I get killed or I get a nice 0/4, what must be addressed is toxic behavior in chat with a game ban (offense for example).
  • BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Sadly i dont think Dev's will ever let this happen. SWF is unbalanced and no killer really wants to go against that willingly. SWF Is a big portion of the playerbase and if they cant find games it'll turn them away from the game.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,776

People are afraid that no one will play SWFs. Rightfully so, even if they may be in denial over why. They can try and polish the halo all they want, but there's just too much bullshit involved in vsing them. -Some- might be ok, but the reality is too few are.

So we probably not going to get any SWF indicator, as nice as it would be.

About the only things that can realistically be done is balance the game against sweaty SWFs/chat users since most groups are SWF, or appeal to the mercenary in all of us and give us bonus BP to vs them.
    I say "realistically" in that those are the more likely paths. I don't even see this coming. How the hell do you balance DBD killers to the speed of sound?
    And frankly they're probably too scared to give anything for our troubles.

Maybe they can just funnel all the SWFs into red and purple ranks (if they're lucky)? lol

So, I guess buckle up, and enjoy what you can until SWF drives off all the killers.

• DemothDemoth Member Posts: 49

It's a real tossup, because even at Rank 1, there are a lot of SWF groups that are just utter dogshit, where maybe 1 of the players is good, and they somehow managed to carry the other 3 into red ranks.

The issue with SWF groups is that are still plenty of them that are extremely coordinated, they know the maps inside and out, and their only goal is to crush the gens and escape... something I personally find extremely boring as a survivor, but I've had games where I'm chain downing people as Nurse, LF, or Spirit, and despite almost having someone hooked, I'm losing gens at a staggering rate.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

@Vage said:
    What a nice idea, I would love to see all the killers starting skip SWF, so people who play with friends will starting get frustrated because they buy a MULTIPLAYER game but they can’t play with any friends (lobby dodging, you know)

Not anyone will play as a toxic team, someone want just to play with some friends, I play solo mainly, sometime I play with one or two friends without any voice communication and when I play with voice communication we talk about other things.

Place an SWF badge will cause 100% lobby dodge from ANY killer.

At that time a refund of the game and all dlc’s must be allowed also after 1k hours of game time, you know, buying a multiplayer co-op game and can’t play it with friends...., Anyway I also play as a killer and I know that there is some toxic SWF, but not all SWF are toxic as [BAD WORD], I will always gg wp as survivor or killer also if I get killed or I get a nice 0/4, what must be addressed is toxic behavior in chat with a game ban (offense for example).

I purchased the game when survivors didnt have the possibility to abuse voice comms in a game that hasnt been balanced aruond that,

Where is my refund

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,841
    edited January 2019
    So let’s kill the game? SWF makes up such a large portion of the playerbase that the long queue times some people experience now would become the norm. No Killer would want to risk playing against an SWF and dodge immediately.
  • Code25Code25 Member Posts: 5

@SnakeSound222 said:
    So let’s kill the game? SWF makes up such a large portion of the playerbase that the long queue times some people experience now would become the norm. No Killer would want to risk playing against an SWF and dodge immediately.

I think you guys are underestimating the community way too much, I know many people including me that would love to go against a swf group. The only reason I want this change is for those times where you know you're not gonna have fun; like when all four survivors have medkits or flashlights and you can't check if they're friends because they have private profiles (pretty bad example but you get my point)

I have used swf before as a tool to mess around in games and just have fun, and understand that not all swf groups will tryhard and basically bully the killer but the point still stands that a killer should not have to blindly enter a match that might be way too in or way too out of their favor.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,151

will not happen, as much as matching SWF's by their strongest member won't ever happen.

The massdodging would also probably happen, for the first few weeks, but the devs shouldn't kneejerk then and keep the icon ingame, then killers wil learn how much swf there truly is (i like that this could mean both outcomes) and accept playing.

• It'll never happen but I saw 2 amazing ideas shared above. Matching SWF by there highest Rank is genius, would stop some of the bullying and slow down some less than worthy players being carried up the ranks. The idea of a BP bonus Is amazing also. %10 stackable bonus for every member and also a stackable bonus for members above your rank. When I was below rank 8 there was so many time I'd end up playing 3 2s because they had an 18 on their team. If you have to go through that for matchmaking sake also you should get a bp bonus

• TehFreakPlaysTehFreakPlays Member Posts: 19

Its a good idea, though I'd recommend a color code system beside the players names so you can see if they're on matching lobby connection - since it's possible for 2 different swf's to match up in lobby.

Also feels like this should be in the main suggestions forum and not in the PTB feedback.