Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I'm so happy people are finally realizing this game is so killer sided

Comments

• SmukSmuk Member Posts: 735

I couldnt agree more. 1 game I am playing against really good coordinated team. End up with hardly earned 3K.

And then for the rest of the night my SBMM is matching me with survivors who have aprox 100 hours in game. Firstly I thought okay…perhaps smurf accounts? Nope, legitly a players with such hours, who were then complaining in the end chat, how broken SBMM is. I still performed 4K just to raise my MMR believing I will go back into the “balanced” lobbies.

Same match the same, over and over against baby survivors. Running shadowborn and bbq without addons.

tldr; Does SBMM work? I think its in extremely horrible state, working on special events. Hidden MMR …I wonder what could be the reason :wink :wink

I rather get destroyed by SWF rather then being bored and ruining new comers matches

• FIzzbinFIzzbin Member Posts: 21

At high MMR, unless you run Nurse or Blight, the survivors are OP. Even if you run Nurse or Blight, it can be a struggle. Sure it's killer sided at low MMR, but who cares about low MMR - everyone there is awful.

• GloamGloam Member Posts: 233

It's not though? Your average killer player isn't otz, they're not going to be as good in chase or use their power perfectly or bring a bunch of gen slowdown meaning they're going to be making a lot more errors and not have a cushion for when they do. I feel like this is partly because you can have a really good meta build as a survivor without making any purchases while the meta perks for killer are spread out among a bunch of dlc killers so they're not going to be as good.

• AkumakajiAkumakaji Member Posts: 1,125

THIS! You can claim that the system works great all you want, buy unless you give players access to their numbers and they can compare their e-peen, you will never get acceptance; especially when the system seems that busted and peeps get this kind of results.

• ChiSoxFan11ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 882

Every time someone use Otz or Dowsey or Tru or Ayrun or Zubat or JRM or (insert top-level content creator here) as an example that the game is killer or survivor sided, it's akin to pulling up footage of Tom Brady or Michael Jordan or Mike Trout or Wayne Gretzky and saying, "Look at them and see how easy it is for them to dominate? Playing football/basketball/baseball/hockey at the top levels must be ridiculously easy, right?".

Some of these people literally LIVE playing this game. That clearly doesn't represent the average experience of the average player who pops in a DBD match a couple of times a week.

• RipleyRipley Member Posts: 662

On Steam forums there are lots of posts like this, trying to get awards.

• VikingDragonXiiVikingDragonXii Member Posts: 1,166

Ok I decided to put up my Killer hat for a while when I played 10 straight games and only got a total of 6 Kills. I'm no where near a scrub Killer and before SBMM my average was 2-3K a game because I was matched with more accurate Survivors of my skill level unless I get that wierd match where I faced a SWF squad.

So i played Survivor for 10 games and died once.....and thatvwas due to my "team" leaving me on the hook and refused to recuse me.

All the other times thaks to CoH I never got downed and most matches I just dropped a pallet and fast slide over it to make so much noise I annoyed the killer to chase me allowing everyone to get gens done and escape......I shouldn't be able to mess around like that in front of the Killer and at most get a minor scratch......

• YankusYankus Member Posts: 508

"Man who literally plays dbd for a living can beat casuals"...even otz gets stomped by comp teams

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571
    edited January 8

game is killer sided if you only play nurse (recharge addons) or blight (ring+crow) - otherwise, killers usually get stomped on by swfs with map offerings. otz's "experiment" is not that good of a reference, the survivors he was up against were complete babies/messing around and i cringed hard watching it.

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,210

"killers usually get stomped on by swfs with map offerings."

Where is your evidence for this? Is this just based on your experience?

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,848

Are we not going to talk about how he did it. He had to do all the most scummy and unfun tactics each game. So yeah if you have 7k hours and camp to second stage slug tunnel and make the game as fun on both sides as possible its killer sided.

So the game is killer sided if you're a skilled player trying to win.

Yeah if you way above the AVERAGE killer skill and have a game knowledge and instinct beyond the AVERAGE killer and use all the tactics that the AVERAGE killer doesn't use then yeah its a tad bit killer sided. It's a good thing that behavior has said that they want to balance for the AVERAGE player.

Well there's a lot of evidence that shows the average kill rate is pretty high. As high as 75% for Freddy even.

edited January 8

So you or Otz don't think the game is generally killer sided from an average-high level standpoint? Even with emerging stats from tournaments that show it to be at least balanced?

That's for all players, including brand new babies. Not the average - high skill level.

• xRam40I9xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55

If its killer sided I want to play against you in my 4 stack. Play any killer you'd like and we'll bring the best stuff, which should he easily beaten because "killer sided".

Even if you don't play killer, should still be easy.

It's all player your right new,high level and mid thats how average works they balance out to make an average. How do you assume the average player is high skill level?