Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I'm so happy people are finally realizing this game is so killer sided

Comments

• gendossgendoss Member Posts: 2,210

Well I don't think we should balance the game around swf. We should buff solo survivors and then buff killers accordingly. All I'm saying is that generally killers are more well off than survivors and there's a lot of evidence and firsthand accounts to prove it.

edited January 8

Well he's talking about purely from a game mechanic standpoint. In actuality the game isn't as balanced as it seems. Also most everybody on the forums believe the game is survivor sided which according to this tweet Otz himself doesn't believe.

I do admit I probably worded the title a bit badly. I meant it more as "not as survivor sided as it seems" than straight up killer sided.

• SuzuKRSuzuKR Member Posts: 2,008
    edited January 9

People will look at data and conclusions, completely ignore it, make up a completely nonsensical different point, and then act like the original data and conclusions support it.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ReikoMoriReikoMori Member Posts: 2,147

Freddy can only teleport to unfinished gens, takes a dog's age to do as its a channeled ability and has a very long cooldown. His snares are decent in a chase, but still require setup as they too aren't instant they take a little time to become active. Freddy's far from overtuned.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 2,684

If good killers can already deal with SWF for the most part, then killers don't even need buffed. Only survivors.

In a random match, the killer shouldn't win as easy as they do.

• ChurchofPigChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,337

Ok so you're right, he's talking about the game's design. However, I'm still not reading "This game is killer sided" from what he said.

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,679

I have to address a few of these points here:

1. The meta. Who cares about the meta tbh? The killer meta has been allowed to change so much because killers constantly get new powerful perks while survivors get like 1 decent perk every 4 character updates. That's not a point in favor of survivors but that shows for favorability to killers instead.
    2. There were so many bad suggestions for how to nerf DS that would have made the perk absolutely useless. Yes it took a while, but they found a good fit. The other perks you mentioned were easier to come to (and deserved)
    3. DS and Unbreakable is an overrated combo that only works if a killer decided to slug and tunnel. If you don't slug or tunnel, 2 out of their 4 perks are useless.
    4. Boons are fine.
    5. Hit validation has been killer favored almost since the game came out. There have been millions of clips of people vaulting a window and running before getting hit by something because the game was run on the killers connection and as far as they were concerned, they hit you. Now it's based on the server connection and it's balanced but hit validation has literally never been survivor favored.
    6. Perks. I addressed this earlier but survivors constantly get garbage perks when new survivors are released versus killers who get perks that are actually good enough to replace things they have in their build.
  • LoneSlingerLoneSlinger Member Posts: 500

This man's really out here acting like Mikaela didn't just come out a couple months ago and boons aren't op

Also acting like the meta for killers isn't been

Ruin,undying,pop,tinker for years

And the meta

DS,dh,bt, and iron will for years

• CrowmanCrowman Member Posts: 4,217

The main reason killer meta has changed so much over the years, because killer meta perks have gotten nerfed much more often than survivor meta perks have.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

Survivors and killers both get decent perks, but the meta for survivors is locked around a core of things that can act as extra lives. It doesn't matter how many general healing, information, generator, skill check, sabo, or item perks are added; they're not going to offer the same universal chance of an extra life, so they won't breach the meta. CoH is so crazy strong it can manage it--because you only need one or two people to have teamwide self-heals and potential superspeed heals, shutting down entire tactics with only one person's perk investment.

It's not that Survivors get bad perks so much as it's nearly impossible to add anything that's not even more gamebreaking that would ever see use outside of meme builds.

And hit validation had a bug with power eating (the PTB is supposed to fix it? I think), which was definitely survivor favoured.

• VerconisspVerconissp Member Posts: 1,293
    edited January 9
    1. Boons are fine: ...I was referring to CoH... you didn't read that part i mentioned about how absurd it is..
    2. Hit Validation: ...Survivors being greedy with pallets and should've been hit but got saved due to "Validation" would like to have words with you,
    3. Ds / Unbreak: ...slap that sucker on all 4 survivors and even if you decide to do a mass slug and get pressure, that's a hellova time you're losing on hooking and applyin' pressure, even when they choose the "no mindgame and pre-throw" value, Also high MMR would like to have a word with you..
    4. The Meta: Killer meta changed atleast 8-9 times in it's lifespan.. Survivor barely changed, Why? Cause it's too great to pass up, Dh? ds? Unbreak? Bt? Sign me the hell up for a glorious time of "Screwing with the killer"
    5. So many bad suggestions: I've seen alot more posts just LITERALLY saying that ds can't work if you're doing something, I.E what our current ds is..
    6. Perks: Killer perks would like to also have a word with you... if you took atleast say blight for example, out of like 200 or so killer perks, Only atleast 20-30 perks would be good for him, ...And that's it, some killers benefit greatly with half and or more the perks that're accessible, and then there are other killers... that can barely benefit from over 30..
  • RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,679

I personally disagree because I think there are a lot of (older) strong survivor perks worth running. We'll Make It, Inner Strength, Saboteur, For the People, Head On.

The survivor "meta" perks are literally reactionary perks to tunneling and camping. That's it. It's literally, "If I don't put on DS, I'm going to get hard tunneled. If I don't put on Unbreakable, I'm going to get slugged after I get tunneled because the killer thinks I have DS and is committed to tunneling me, but not brave enough to follow through with their scummy tactics. If I don't bring BT and someone gets camped, I won't be able to save them.

If the campy/tunneling meta didn't exist, no one would run any of those perks because they would be useless outside of those situations. I personally don't run any of them except BT to save people (My main survivor has Saboteur, We'll Make It, For the People, and BT). I'm good for saving other people but I get tunneled and slugged alot because I don't run DS or Unbreakable and I live with it, but after so long, many survivors just say "screw it", tunnel me and see what happens.

• Travis_BatemanTravis_Bateman Member Posts: 177

One killer,that is,Otz, have 7k+ on the game,he wins the most because he knows the most,not because the game is killer sided,also,playing "scummy" aka Camping/Tunneling/Slugging helped him,but you don't want killers playing like this right ?

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 1,848

Ds is more at the bottom of the meta and BT is ran because you can get a free unhook with it. UB was meta only in combo with DS. DH has nothing to do with slugging or camping or tunneling and is meta as well as CoH. The reason thes perks are meta is because they counter effective killer strategies and if those strategies don't happen you can still get value out of the perk.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 1,872

That doesn't change anything though.

Tunnelling, camping and slugging are still available tactics. So with that in mind, killers are pretty much in complete control.

Until those strategies are addressed, survivors can't be nerfed.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

And those strategies can't be addressed until something else is buffed or Survivors are nerfed somehow.

As for being in control, Killers can control their own strategy--but they can't control the pace of a game or anything, that's on the Survivors.

• CyberDragoon656CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

if Survivors has been nerfed quite a bit why are they using the same perks they have always used, also remember now that both boons and the new wiggle mechanic are a thing we might as well throw the nerf idea out the window.

Along with that why shouldn't more killers be Viable right now the only ones that are are nurse and blight, meanwhile all the others (who people have paid for mind you ) have taken hit after hit when it comes to nerfs and most now are passed or on the border of not being worth the money that people spent while survivor are basically pallette swaps with a perk build.

Also, this most recent update shows that killers are or will soon be a side no one wants to play since now there are fewer viability options thanks to the add-on nerfs add the mmr and sbmm issues that are rampant now and you have a recipe for alienating one side of your game that is already lacking in players.

• WulfasgerWulfasger Member Posts: 67

I always wondered who were those claudettes, trying to blend and crouch behind the rocks and gets sacrificed on third hook in a minute. Happy to meet you!

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

SBMM is a thing. Otz was matched with people of the same skill level.

SBMM is a joke that factors in exclusively kills and escapes and nothing else. That is not a good indicator of skill whatsoever.

• JunylarJunylar Member Posts: 1,440

So either SBMM doesn't work and must be scrapped immediately, or killers are indeed OP and should be nerfed immediately. One of the two conclusions can be drawn.

Well yes, that is why people are calling SBMM useless. It doesn't actually help.

Furthermore, the BHVR devs themselves have literally said people drastically over the MMR soft cap have to be soft capped back down, because otherwise queues would take literally hours. There was people at 3000+ MMR, but they had to be capped to 1900 because there's no matches at that high of MMR in anything short of hours. So obviously, people like that going against actual 1900 MMR players would stomp them (even assuming MMR was accurate in the slightest). Furthermore, Otz has nearly 8000 hours in the game. That's more than most people would play DBD in their entire lifetime.

• CyberDragoon656CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

Im leaning more in the SBMM is bullshit camp cause seeing how some people play and still win kinda defeats the whole purpose of it being skill and more it being that they got good RNG