Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Typing then not posting

Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,699

I have a habit to type up a reply or a comment on whatever topic of discussion and then either deleting and retyping or just moving onto another topic and not posting. Do many of you do the same thing?

Comments

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

I do it all the time. Even worse it's rare I can have a conversation 'cause I'll post and go do something else and come back to the page later in the day. You're normal, methinks.

• LaluziLaluzi Member Posts: 3,142

All the time, if I decide it's probably better to err on the side of non-snideness or if I decide my comment was only tangential to the thing I was replying to.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 3,227

Same here.... It does get tiring

A lot of it is just newer players coming in and saying the same things over and over

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,892

I do it a lot because sometimes I just have a hard time conveying what I am trying to say properly.

• glitchboiglitchboi Member Posts: 5,408

If you've seen my comments a lot, you'll notice I tend to edit them not too long after I post them, or even immediately.

This is because A, I worry people might misunderstand what I say so I edit them to make them more understandable, or B, I correct a typo or grammar issue in my own comment, or C, where I admit that I was wrong in my own comment if I realize that not too long from posting it. I also have a bad habit of not thinking before I say things.

• ImBrakingBikeImBrakingBike Member Posts: 454

I do this lol

Or sometimes I comment on something and I get a reply that I feel deviates from the original topic so instead of following the discussion I just quit replying.

It's not like I don't care about the topic, I just don't have the patience to be part of a train leading to "Us vs them" again :/

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,610

All the time

• Pet_The_LizardsPet_The_Lizards Member Posts: 1,308
    edited January 9

Yup. Unless I feel I have something worthwhile to say, but it something helpful, funny, or something I just feel like giving my 2 cents on, I generally don't comment super frequently, but it can also be because I type something, struggle to figure out the proper wording for it, then just delete it and move on.

Probably explains why I joined these forums 2 years ago and only recently reached 1,000 posts.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,960

Yup. I just did it now in this post. 😂

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,173

Pretty much all the time.

Glad i'm not the only one

• WulfasgerWulfasger Member Posts: 67

I do that a lot especially when i remember how brainless humans can be and i am being sad for the time i spent for this.

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326
    edited January 9

Many times, you start typing and then realize it doesn't worth the effort. Its a pretty common thing to happen.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,513

I do it all the time as well.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,216
    edited January 9

All the time. I think it works similarly to when people type up emails about how much they hate their boss, job, etc and never send it.

It's about getting your feelings off your chest in a healthy way but you also realize you don't really want to start trouble or an argument so you delete it. You said what you had to say and now you can move on having a bit of internal closure.

Or you realize it's not worth the time/effort. That to. Probably mostly that.

• BloodshadeBloodshade Member Posts: 2,293

all the time

• egg_egg_ Member Posts: 633

^me writing a very mean comment/reply and then deleting it

• AnniehereAnniehere Member Posts: 1,115

I usually have something to say and then one second later my head is blank.

• Huge_BushHuge_Bush Member Posts: 3,054

She’s not my type. I’d prefer a cute shirtless David or a Daddy Myers in the hospital gown.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,319

I drew a shirtless Oni

Where is this magnificent piece of artwork?

I actually forgot Onii-Chan exists since he’s so rare to see in the game. Shame because I feel the design team did a really good job with him.

Magnifique! Truly Splendid artwork! I hope your talents take you far.

Also, Yui is looking exactly where I'd be looking ☺️

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 4,319

Considered to be allies.