Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

If you are playing as killer and a survivor disconnects, you HAVE to let the last one go.

2»

Comments

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,039

I usually do that unless the survivor have been toxic, the DC happen in late game or the DC happen when being downed before the last hook.

• Kira15233Kira15233 Member Posts: 473

I'm not gonna let survivors escape even if people DC, what are you? Delusional, it's the killer's job to KILL not show mercy, c'mon 🤦🏻

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,318

You didn't receive the rule book from one of the survivor at the start of the map? I'm disappointed in you.

• AngyKillerAngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

I was told all Killers are expected to know the rule book from front of back, but Survivors are in no way responsible for giving out copies.

Also; rules can and will be changed whenever Survivors want, and Killers are expected to keep up with these changes, even if they were changed 5 seconds ago. 😁

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,491

Survivors still expect you to 12 hook and keep everyone in the game as long as possible. Them telling you to let the last one go doesn't shock me.

• hailxsatanxeveryxdayhailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 336
    edited January 10

Was it you? Dwight in an elf costume? Because that's exactly what I said, and it's what started the conversation.

I say "gg" in every game. It's called sportsmanship.

Is farming against the rules? I don't do it all that often, but I see it every now and again, especially when I'm playing survivor.

I usually try (especially if we're losing) to pretend like I'm farming, but sneak away and low-key finish the gens. I'd never report anyone for it, though, since it sometimes means a second chance at a match I wouldn't otherwise have won.

The two in the game I had in the game in question had nothing to do with that.

First disconnect, I was running at him after stabbing a couple of other survivors with Feral Frenzy. Ran out of steam just as I reached him, and he just stood there, staring at me, in front of a nearly full gen that was now regressing due to Ruin. Disappeared. Maybe he just hated the fact that I was running Ruin and that I ######### up his gen, maybe his game crashed (I didn't see him move).

Second one. One of the survivors I had initially hit with Frenzy hadn't bothered to heal and was opening a chest right next to a dull totem (I had Undying). Popped out from behind a corner and hit her. Instant disconnect.

I wasn't doing anything unsavory, even went out of my way alternating attacking/hooking the last two survivors to make it a little bit more chill. Caught a Dwight running to one of the exit gates after I finished off his teammate; he started pointing at the exit gates. Stabbed him. Kept pointing. Downed him. Carried him.

"gg"

"gg? you have no manners", etc. etc.

I usually pretend it was suicide because they didn't want to get sacrificed to the Entity and spend eternity in its hellish dimension.

To be fair, I think Adult Swim was brand new when this happened, or almost so. There were also episodes of Mission Hill, The Oblongs... I can't remember what else. I think I fell asleep during The Oblongs.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,579

It depends. If you farm survivors against their will with the help of other survivors, then yes.

But if they go along with it, then no.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,174

I see the bot used Deadhard and dodged those shots despite screaming.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 808

I will usually let the last survivor go if someone DCs early, but not always (particularly if I have a tome/daily for kills/sacrifices). If I am in a rare mood, I might full on farm with the remaining survivors, but usually only if they kinda suck on top of things.

As a survivor, I hope I get let go in those situations, but have zero expectations, and I don't think anyone should EXPECT to be let go. It sucks, but it is the fault of the person who DCed.

And if you think about it, creating this dynamic where it's just expected that in the event of an early DC the killer will mercy/farm, it just makes it easier for DC'ers to rationalize DC'ing.

I think it should just be assumed that if you DC, you are screwing your team.

• th3th3 Member Posts: 1,697
    edited January 10

It comes off as extremely condescending when someone has dc'd early. It most certainly wasn't a good game.

Trust me it doesn't come off as you being nice. Just seems like you are an ass.

I don't play Dwight, and I don't stay to chat in post game chat. There's no sportsmanship involved in saying "gg" (good game) when the match was doomed almost immediately by a dc. It comes across as extremely condescending and snobbish when you say it in those situations.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

I mean it depends on a lot of factors usually I would try but I'm not going to make it a guarantee.

It's not really my job to do damage control because someone decided to be an arse and disconnect the same way I don't expect another killer too to make nice because I got a disconnection when I'm playing Survivor.

It usually often comes down to three factors

1. Do I feel like it - if I'm just not in the mood to play nice I'm not in the mood to play nice.

2. If the game was already going super well in the survivors favor then I'm not really going to count the disconnection as much ( I've had instances where someone has disconnected with only one gen left and 4 survivors alive let's be honest at that stage you don't really need me to take it easy)

3. If whatever survivor left has been in arse or not.

With the last survivor if you've been a toxic clicky clicky Claudette who's teabagged me at every opportunity yeah I'm not letting you live. If you've just been playing the game normally, doing what you need to do to survive and win then sure if I'm in the mood take the hatch or the exit gate

• lordfartlordfart Member Posts: 538

Meh. Just don't listen to people lol it's as easy as that