Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why Do Survivors 'Waggle' On The Ground?

StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 6,564

Always wondered about this.

You knock someone down, and they waggle from side to side.

Is it BM?

Are they saying 'don't pick me up?'

Did they poop themselves?

Comments

• FixtionuLFixtionuL Member Posts: 54

I don't play survivor much but only time I'll sometimes do it is on death hook saying please no killer leave me, or most recently I remember was getting tunneled after looping the killer for 3 gens and as he was staring at me waiting out the DS I didn't have I was menacingly wiggling on the ground towards him making him back away from me.

• HannaciaHannacia Member Posts: 743

When i do it im only making the killer notice me and hook me. Unless its ghostface then im just announcing my forever love towards him and hoping he wont kill me 💜💜

• SatelitSatelit Member Posts: 1,188

I'm just keeping my hands occupied

• throwaway79465468797throwaway79465468797 Member Posts: 682

If they aren't going to heal they might as well crawl or wiggle side to side just to keep busy. Much like being on a hook. I'd hate to play spectator simulator where I cant do anything at all. It would bore me to death

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 3,256

I do it as preparation for wiggling, but I like to imagine it as protesting being picked up.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 2,365
  • Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

It's same as why I dance on hook, I am just bored...

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,600

I do it to mooncrawl 😎

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 20,524

Because being slugged is boring but necessary so I might as well make it more fun for me.

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 2,846

Because it looks funny, and I don't have a whole lot of other things to be doing on the ground.

• Thusly_BonedThusly_Boned Member Posts: 1,677

I do almost every time; a breakdown of why:

1. I am just pre-emptively getting into wiggle mode (like 95% of the time)
    2. I just got downed off hook and I am telling the killer off in the only way available to me at the time (like 5% of the time)
  • fogdonkeyfogdonkey Member Posts: 1,542

They are bored to death.

• NOEDENJOYERNOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

Clearly its "No UwU big daddy killer please don't hook me I beg please :3"

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,983

I'll do it to try to tell other survivors the killer is still near. Most times it is a waste of wiggle, but on the odd occassion the killer buggers off and I'm revived safely. Probably more by luck than judgement, but I like to feel I'm doing my bit.

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,115
    edited January 10

Because they're starting to mash AD AD before being grabbed by the killer for not losing any second of wiggle, It's pretty obvious, haha.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,496

Probably to pre warn you that you will soon be entering a struggle contest or perhaps signalling to a nearby player to try and bait a hit or pallet save. Maybe it wastes a fraction of time for the killer to get the pick up command??

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 4,604

To say "Oh no, dont hook me Mr Killer"

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I just do it because I look like a worm

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 7,084

It funi

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,883

I do it because it looks silly, and I doubt there's a lot of people that do it for any reason more complicated than that. Same reason I crawl backwards/"mooncrawl" or swish my survivor's body back and forth like a broom, it just looks goofy.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 4,759

wiggle macro.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,196

its fun to do

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,103

Omg what is this thread. This is a preparation for wiggling and because they're bored. Nothing else.

• FirelliusFirellius Member Posts: 2,277

Because they can do literally nothing else.

• RizzoRizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 13,748

The same reason why people spam A-D while running, the answer is "Why not?", it looks funny, it's a way to kill time while slugged and some people start wiggling the moment they get downed out of habit and muscle memory.

• WulfasgerWulfasger Member Posts: 67

The animation of waggling is hilarious if you spam A D. It always reminds me spiderman crawls on the wall. And it looks cute on female characters, i do that mostly because of this.

• JuicymanJuicyman Member Posts: 84

I do it when I massively misplay as a way to show I'm laughing such as a really dumb vault or a very questionable reverse pallet drop.