Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do Survivors Get Hate Mail?

2»

Comments

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 744

The only time I've ever gotten comments on my profile as a survivor was from other survivors, usually because of a challenge or achievement forcing me to play more selfish.

As killer I have pages and pages, they're like trophies.

• PizzasaucePizzasauce Member Posts: 940

It's not even playing like a jerk, it's like if you have a bad match you don't hear the end of it. Survs can be relentless. I just had a guy and his friend messaging me the exact same thing at the same time. They told me to go eat cabbage whatever tf that means.

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

Spirits are particularly hateful players. They often tunnel and when the tunnelled person escapes, they can't handle the fact and show it in the end game chat.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,528
    edited January 11

It's true that some people will just say things to piss off the other person for no reason (both sides). I'm just saying that I personally don't get much hate because I usually don't play scummy.

• liquidlightliquidlight Member Posts: 323

Oh, yeah. I've gotten plenty when I play survivor (as well as killer). I have a friend who got hate mail and still does to this day by the same killer. They have an ongoing feud of who can stay red rank 1 and just talk made crap to each other. And no, they're not friends but they'll randomly send each other screen shots of their ranks to see who's better. It's actually pretty hilarious.

• xteamppxteampp Member Posts: 22

You can block them with one or two clicks. What´s the issue?

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 5,323

It happens occasionally.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 2,653
    edited January 11

I play on PC so I cant get hate mail but the post game chat I usually get more salt from Killers when I play Survivor than from Survivors when I play Killer.

In my experience Survivors get tilted when they feel cheated out of their time like getting tunneled or camped and Killers when they feel cheated out of their kills by stuff like flashlights/DS/bodyblocks. If you play Killer and almost everyone ends between 15k-20k even if they all died you will rarely get any salt.

P.D. I rarely get any salt at all, usually its a weekly occurence not a daily one.

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

Bruh. I have a secretary to handle all the mail I get. 💅

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,441

Oh, yes, but we do it old school. I go to the Post Office and get stamps so I can send them literal hate mail. By the time it arrives, they will have completely forgotten which killer sent it which is the charm of it all. I am sure they try their best to remember who would have been petty enough to find out where they live to send a strongly worded letter, but they will never know it was me.

• Kira4EvrKira4Evr Member Posts: 1,862

Someone with 28 hours told me to uninstall the game because I escaped when the killer had Noed, one person opened the gate, one was dead and one was being camped. That was a big sad moment :c

• VampwireVampwire Member Posts: 528

Every killer with 4 slowdowns is ready to go off on everyone for any little thing.

• IdontknowtbhIdontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Whenever I have received a private message, it was another survivor.

Like, once I was trying to save a Steve that was on the floor and it'd be his 3rd hook, so I tried to distract huntress away from him.

I got a very nasty message because I wasted their DS lol.

How am I meant to know that, son?

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 882

Absolutely, this is why I turned my messages off