Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killer´s are punished by survivors for their fair behavior. Why is this not changed BHVR?

PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,094
edited January 11 in General Discussions

It's the same every time... as if Flashlight clicker, DH abuser and Teabagger were not enough. You still play fair and then you get negative MMR shoved up your ass as a reward. Then when you get laughed at in chat, it's especially motivating..... I think I should change the way I play, because I'm really tired of taking the rap for BHVR's MMR concept.

If you ask me, the wincondition should never have been published.

What a great logic... and pretty good Job so far

Comments

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,387

Flashlight griefer?

• PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,094
    edited January 11

clicker, im sry. It is simply a matter of the principle. If you focus on fun and play fair you will still be punished by BHVR with a negative MMR

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Since when is negative MMR punishment? It's a reward...

That´s true. If you enjoy playing on lower MMR then congratulations

using DH for distance, not for protection

This game simply offers no incentives for killers to play nice or interact. We all know this: if you let a survivor escape, you lose MMR as a killer and if you want to increase your MMR, you have no choice but to play dirty and that makes me very sad.

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 4,904
    edited January 11

So using a perk is abusing it? Using dh for distance makes perfect sense. Can we stop shaming people for using playstyles and perks as long as they are not bm'ing and being rude during the match?

Someone using noed (or whatever killer perk) or dh doesn't make them abusers. Don't demonise people just because your ego got hurt and you "lost" in unbalanced game where most of the things are rng or broken or both anyway.

Some people are just playing the game and using things that are available in it.

edited January 11

That's exactly what you were speculating about, isn't it? You were waiting for me to explain to you what exactly I meant by DH abusing or? You knew what I meant from the beginning and now you act like you don't know and then give your opinion. Of course DH is abused to create distance and at least 90% of the time. You don't need to downplay it because there are enough threads about it here on the forum. But that's not what this post is about and I don't want to digress from the topic. What I have a problem with is: you play fair, focus on having fun, and still get punished with a negative MMR when survivors escaping even though you put effort into the match. Where's the sense in that?

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,768
    edited January 11

Hey, let's stop shaming my playstyle even if I am BM and rude during the match. Us face camping, smash your face with a hammer Bubba matter too, you know. We have feelings. We are only human, after all.

You don't want to be high MMR... Like what does it give you? You don't see it anywhere. You just get better survivors, or at least survivors that try to win more. You sure you want that when you want to be fair?

You are absolutely right and I agree with you 100%. But for me, it's not about a high MMR. For me it's just about: you try hard, make a lot of hookz and give it your all, but in the end you don't get a kill. Then you get MMR deducted as a reward for your effort and that's demotivating, even though you played well.

How do you know for sure? Maybe they changed it somehow. You don't see anything that would say that... You know, invisible number...

• BlighTownBlighTown Member Posts: 153

Be glad you're in low MMR. High MMR is like... a pit of accumulated toxic gases and super acids that melts you within seconds when exposed.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,768

You didn't play well if you didn't get a kill. They ez clapped you from Timbuktu and back, fam. Mmr is for real killers. Git gud.

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 2,951

who cares about MMR...

Its literally an invisible number that barely means anything

• ShapedShaped Member Posts: 4,904

You are just using "fair" as a tool. Some survs consider things you as a killer use unfair as well.

Using a perk effectively doesn't equal abuse.

• VampwireVampwire Member Posts: 450

If you cant win without playing scummy then just play scummy. It's easier to do that than get better anyways.

• selflessneaselflessnea Member Posts: 558

Uhm. Soooo. Flashlight clicking and t bagging imo are used to get un the killers head. And if it mad you mad or frustrated you then it worked. There is nothing wrong with those situations.

Also just someone uses DH for distance doesn't mean they abuse the perk. I honestly can't think of a way you could abuse any perk unless the perk it's self is bugged (i.e. breakdown when the hooks never respawned after a patch).

You can change the way you play all you want. It's not going to stop people from making fun of you in end game chat. Welcome to the internet.

Also I'm pretty sure over half the player base have there own win conditions. Some of which might have already aligned with what bhvr detailed there mmr being based off of. So the way people played before and after that was announced probably barely changed.

• MunqaxusMunqaxus Member Posts: 2,528

Dead Hard Abuser! LOL

edited January 11

right, I should camp everyone and tunnels away then I have really much skill and then also does not need to get better. Thanks you have saved my day 😉

• chargernick85chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited January 11

I get where you are coming from...I literally just got t-bagged by 2 survivors at gate in a 10 hook game on haddonfield with ######### Legion. Worst killer in gm 10 hooks on haddonfield without tunneling and you think you won?

On the flip side perks are in the game to use. Cant shame people for running perks that they did not create. Its not survivors fault the ######### is broken so focus your hate to the people responsible.

edited January 11

10 hookz on haddonfield, gj but It doesn't matter how many hooks you have or how well you played. Every survivor that escapes, automatically means -mmr for you and if more than 2 escape, you've lost the match. Knowing this is not very motivating but that's just the way it is....yes it is what it is but nobody can't tell me that's fun in the long run.... Anyone who says that is lying. Sry

edited January 11

I could care less what mmr thinks of my game. I know a 10 hook gm on haddonfield with legion is a win. Great BP, multiple kills, and a pip. Losing mmr is just icing on the cake. You seem wayyy to worried about a number you cant see. ######### cares bro.

I'm glad to see that you can say for yourself that it's a win. Unfortunately, the facts say otherwise. But maybe you're right, I really should worry less about the MMR and just start playing the way I like it and not the way the survivors like it, after all I'm playing killer not butler for the survivors. I'm going to practice camping and tunneling a bit, see how it feels. thanks

I didnt say start tunneling/camping for fun. Dbd has always had mixed feelings on win conditions. I count a win (in my book) 3k or better unless specific situations occur. Reason why i consider my Legion game a win was because i played fair, got 10 hooks, on Haddonfield, with worst killer in game. Mmr dont work anyhow so no one should be worried about it except maybe (MAYBE) survivors. As since a lower mmr means lower IQ team is more likely.

Also a lot of survivors are brain dead....I have had multiple survivors think they won because they found hatch when i killed the 3rd survivor at 4-5 gens remaining.

Funniest part is killer decides whether or not you get hatch. Any killer can slug the 3rd and wait to get you denying hatch. So if you got hatch he allowed it one way or other.

• RathoricRathoric Member Posts: 562

I think what people have a problem with is that Dead Hard does 2 things in 1. Whereas all the other exhaustion perks only have one thing going for them. So they should either remove that much distance gained or remove the invincible Iframes that negate a lot of killer's powers. It simply does too much to warrant just one perk slot.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

"There is nothing wrong with trying to make the other people playing the game mad if it gives you an advantage" is, at best, incredibly unsportsmanlike. But it's mostly just childish and the most pathetic excuse for being a jerk.

And most flashlight clicking or teabagging happens at the end of the game anyway. Please, enlighten us all how there can be a gameplay advantage to being annoying whilst standing at the exit.