Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What can you remember from when you first started playing?

2»

Comments

• TheOptimiserTheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

I started maybe 1-2 months after the game was released, what I remember the most from that period is me totally sucking both as killer and as survivor, although there were some loops for survivor where it was impossible for the killer to catch you. But as a survivor the most memorable feelings were bringing a brand new part and finishing the gen in one second and sabotaging hooks(started as Jake) until the killer had only the basement hooks available. Oh the times...

• Malum_MidnightMalum_Midnight Member Posts: 366

First ever public match I was just crouching around Badham as Ghost Face, I don’t think I attacked anyone

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 931
    edited January 12

I couldn’t hit skill checks, I was the typical hiding Claudette because I was scared lolol

My first few killer games I didn’t hold down the button to hit but somehow managed kills

• interesting_sandwichinteresting_sandwich Member Posts: 25

I started playing at the end of 2019, and I remember my first game. I was playing Feng against a ghost face on Oni's map. I remember being scared as hell and I got jumpscared by ghostie so hard while working on a gen I almost threw my controller lmao. And I did escape through the hatch by accident lol.

• theblimptheblimp Member Posts: 104

Crouching when trying to run, missing skill checks, jump scares from getting grabbed off gens

• MilesMiles Member Posts: 459

Getting matched against a rank 1 legion as a rank 19 survivor.

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,975

I remember not being able to find a hook and just deciding to bleed someone out after they escaped my grasp 3 times in a row. I drew little Hag traps around them for 2 minutes. It was the first time I realized that I had Twins main blood pumping through my veins.

• DELIGHTFULBLISSDELIGHTFULBLISS Member Posts: 7

I joined when the game went free on ps+ and it was the slurpee generator machines. Haha! So cool!

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Oni terrified me. The first time I've met one, I put my hands on my eyes. His ROAR scared me to death and I prefered not to see what was happening then, even if the ROAR was far away.

I remember I mained Nea, and hiting skill checks was my biggest nightmare. I also had a win streak in Hawkins. I thought it was my lucky map. The very first Killer I've played was Pyramid Head in Midwich. I remember I had no idea what to do against a Cheryl who was only running around a table. I was clueless but it was also so fun to me to discover the other side (as I started to play as a Survivor). Then I bought Oni, being insulted to death by a TTV and their friends on their stream (I watched the VOD), and I dropped playing Killer for months. But it's not like I truly came back to it since.

• BreadLordBreadLord Member Posts: 238

been playing since day 1, if survivors knew how to loop back then why way we do today, killer will never catch us, we just insta dropped pallets and never used the same vault once, we just ran and never looked behind us.

• DoritoHeadDoritoHead Member Posts: 3,510

Small brain Dwight main

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,628

I remember being so into the game and watching tones of videos trying to learn and get better

Then one day I wanted to know something specific about a killer, so I go on the wiki. I get my information but decide to scroll further down just to see if maybe theres more

Then I see... this killer, "The Hag? Who's that? Is she new?" (This is June/July 2017, no, she was not new at the time). I thought it was fake since I haven't seen any YouTube videos of her at all, so I left it at that. Another thing to add is I had about 100 hours into the game, and I've never seen her, it didn't show locked characters back then either it was just blank like the character didn't exist so thats why I had no idea of her existence. Then I boot up the game and load into Pale Rose for the very first time. And then I heard the crows at the main building, and I thought: "holy ######### The Hag is real". It wasn't even a Hag, I forgot what killer it was but I just know it wasn't a Hag.

It took me so long to finally verse a Hag, and I remember being hyped as all hell when it finally happened and I loved versing her so much that she became my favorite killer for quite some time

Nowadays, I ######### hate that lil gremlin

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,628
  • Nemmy_WemmyNemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 782

Lucky lmao I remember my first ever match was as Myers. Got a 4k (knew some basics from YouTubers and it's not hard to kill a bunch of brown ranks when u were new that's not the problem.

After the match I got a notification saying "I could tell you're rank 20 lmfao" and I responded "huh what's that? I'm literally level 1"...didn't know what rank was and thought it was the devotion level thing lol.

Oh and it was a yellow rank survivor. At that point, I knew that I had made a mistake by getting into this game..It's a moment that will always stick with me, I just knew it was gonna be a common annoying occurrence to have losers message you xD anyways that's my tale.