Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Was Overcome greatly exaggerated?

KomiKomi Member Posts: 244

It isn't nearly as used as anticipated, and essentially does the same as using sprint burst and taking damage afterwards. In matches where its used, I do notice it but it just feels like seeing any other exhaustion perk used, stop and decide if I should chase or not, and even worse is they're injured.

So am I crazy or is this just a mid tier exhaustion perk at best? And to anyone using it, what do you see in it?

Comments

• MylaMyla Member Posts: 1,551

Always said that it's just a perk that would Bully M1 killers that's it, Keep in mind by bully I meant a perk that's not meta but it strong with a SWF to mess around with the killer.. We had great success it with every survivor running Vigil then running heals and repairing generator in front of the killer's face and doing it all over again with COH.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 13

That perk is really good. Problem is that you have DH. Both are low risk, both have situations where they will never work, but there is more killers where Overcome will be useless than number of killers where DH is useless.

You also can just use DH alone, you can't do that with Overcome, you need CoH or good medkit, just something to heal when you get off chase.

Hey, leave my Pentimento alone.

It's really fun on Pig also with Plaything, Ruin. You have basically triple objectives for survivors and Boop the Snoot army.

• legrosporc69legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

The perk was not exaggerated its just the introduce dead hard validation so the perk was kill before it got release.

Overcome is better then sprint burst because the killer just womt chase you to save time but with overcome the killer will chase you so you waste the killer time and if he continue to chase you when you use overcome then the game is won if the other survivor can do gen

• AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 747

I hit thing, it hurt, me happy.

I hit thing, it no hurt, me sad.

I wouldn't say it's just a better sprint burst.

If overcome works, then yes. Problem is that you need to use some form of healing with it and you have killers where it's just good to stay injured like Plague, or Legion and also exposed killers.

Sprint burst is way harder to use, but it just works always.

• SludgeSludge Member Posts: 749

Sprint Burst is way stronger

• Lx_maliceLx_malice Member Posts: 1,391

Its good like any other exhaustion perk, but there are better choices. So in other words yeah kinda.

Harder to use and it's often used on different things than wasting killer's time.

I would say DH is way stronger, they are kinda similar. I wouldn't be that sure about Sprint Burst, both have pros and cons.

Medkit is probably the most use item and i see at least 2 survivor with boon in my lobby so i think survivor have the healing to use this perk at all time.

For the killer part you are right sprint burst is probably better but if i start esitating between sprint burst and overcome i will just go dead hard because its the best perk in the entire game.

Yeah, Overcome will be used only by players that are sick of DH, but DH is just better.

True but you go back to DH fast because the killer i face the most when i play survivor are blight and huntress and believe me they dont care about overcome or sprint burst XD

Sprint Burst can be controlled, used while healthy or injured, stop a chase from even happening, get you out of deadzones without taking a hit, works vs every killer

Overcome is overrated

DH is the best for sure though

Nah, I went to Lithe :D

DH just pisses me off too much as a killer to use it as a survivor.

edited January 13

Oh I forgot to add, everyone who has Sprint Burst also has a slightly weaker Overcome as basekit

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,737

Bubba is just way too common of a killer for me to really consider this perk.

• GhostofsnowGhostofsnow Member Posts: 84

Honestly I'd put it in my top 3/4 with sprint burst, dead hard and lithe. only issue is it needs a build most of the time for good repeated use with healing. its by far the most easy to use and value giving exhaustion.

A good build is overcome, detectives hunch, inner healing and ds. constant heals and hex hunting help in the build with ds as a failsafe

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,780

It is still very strong perk but why would you use it when you have Dead hard or other more meta (=more stronger) perks.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 3,060

When it's supposed to break the game and instead it's gone and forgotten within a week from release... yeah, fair to say even 'greatly exaggerated' is an understatement.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,090
    edited January 13

Well overcome is just a lazy perk and unhealthy perk, I am really glad that not that many ppl are using it.

• ClarityOfWillClarityOfWill Member Posts: 171

People on this forum overreacting to something? Such a concept is almost incomprehensible.

No but joking aside, it's an average perk and Sprint burst will always be stronger even if it gives less distance. Sprint burst can end a chase before it even begins and its ability to prevent a down in a deadzone is something a lot of players underestimate. What overcome does have going for it is that it requires no management on the users part to activate and therefore works better for newer survivors.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,477

It's still greatly exaggeratted.

It's on the weaker side of the exhaustion perks.

The effect is strong but being worthless when you get unhooked and it never activating at all vs instant down killers are just to big downsides to call this perk good in any way.

Even against a lot of the m1 killers it's really not that good. Legion typically injures you in frenzy and either leaves you or will make up any distance you make easilly cause frenzy refreshes of hit. Wraith also will cover the ground quickly. Get trapped by trapper and it doesn't activate at all.

It can be good with a specific build against specific killers. Those killers being the lower tier ones you could beat with any build.

Dead hard being strong has nothing to do with Overcomes rarity. It's just a bad perk. Running it is holding a giant neon sign saying "tunnel me of hook cause i'm defenseless at that point"

• ShroompyShroompy Member Posts: 3,362

No

Only reason why there's not much light shed on it is because CoH and Dead Hard are the main hot topics right now when it comes to perks. The moment one or both gets nerfed I can guarantee Overcome will be next

• DCh4rlieDCh4rlie Member Posts: 62

Honestly, I feel it's overshadowed by Deadhard.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,870

I don’t understand why people continue to compare Overcome with Dead Hard. They both serve different purposes.

One is to gain long distance, the other is meant for more close up (in your face) distance.

Which is the reason DH is used because there is no other exhaustion perk that works while remaining in the same loop.

• FlimflamFlimflam Member Posts: 94

I think what's happening is that as strong as some of these new perks are they simply aren't good enough to unseat the meta champs. They shouldn't be either. The top end power perks really need toned down