Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dead By Daylight Has Won

Comments

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 14,021

It was a nice gesture.

Warcraft III was before my time, I'm afraid.

Yeah. It does.

But I must've been trying to get something out of it. If there wasn't something there, I would've quit years ago. I wonder what it is.

• Dino7281Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited January 13

Hey, don't make me feel old, I am already depressed enough :D

It literally came out before I was born great-grandpa 😐️

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,963

Its a unique game. Most assymetrical pvp games failed hard. Either because they tried to cash grab to much or because the balancing took a horrible turn and one side stopped playing.

Now that i think of it. DbD is taking this same way...

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,610

100% agree. I respect @Pulsar, but I don't get why people take this game so serious. It's not a job. Take some time off if you need it. Hell, I took a 6-month break about a year or so ago. It can really make you feel a lot better.

I explain why I have a difficult time in a response.

I do not think a break will make me feel better. It may raise my tolerance level, but it is unlikely to resolve my issues with the game.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

If everyone with issues with the game does that, you get a death spiral.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 12,963

Mine was Mafia, a turn based strategy game i played on my C64.

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,103

I don't understand these threads. Actually they're laughable. Either you play the game or not. It's not that deep, not deep at all. You make it deep, for whatever reasons. Life issues I assume.

Anyways, see you and all the other "quittets" in the next chapter in a few days.

• RainehDazeRainehDaze Member Posts: 1,293

Sometimes. It doesn't necessarily address fundamental problems with why something isn't fun, however, and if that's tied into the community atmosphere and patch cycle, then it just turns into not playing, which is where the death spiral comes in.

When you get threads like this from long-time players at a rate of... what, one a week or so, on a small sample size of the official forums? It's a warning sign that something might be wrong with the game, not the attitude of the players.

• AnObserverAnObserver Member Posts: 747

Person enjoys something.

Enjoyment is tempered through repeat exposure. (If stagnation persists)

Annoyances don't temper as much and stand out.

Displeasure is communicated.

Doesn't even mean they're dropping it; OP says as much. Having an interest in DBD's IP, though gameplay may dwindle.

Warcraft III was first I played with friends, but first game I have ever played more than an hour was Knights and Merchants. I loved that game, I wonder if I can download it somewhere :D not sure if I want to ruin my memories on it tho...

• ThanksForDailyThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,103

You're welcome. Don't let any game to get under your skin.

And no, I don't facecamp.

No, that can't be him. That was ThiccBudhha for sure.

It's kinda interesting to see so many veterans players to drop and think it doesn't have any meaning...

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 1,746

A lot of the points you made reminded me of why I quit League of Legends. The stress, the occasional humiliation, and especially the emotional rollercoaster all ring familiar to me. You're definitely making the right choice to step away.

Anyway, you've made a lot of great posts over the years, so thank you very much for your contributions!

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,206

Honestly I’m in a similar position. I love this community and come here almost daily but I haven’t played the game in like 3 months. It’s just stale and honestly a chore to play at this point

I’ve been enjoying B4B a lot recently especially if you can get a group of friends to play it with

• MikaelaWantsYourBoonMikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 3,729

I hope you can find better games.

I did not play DbD this week. I started play Fallout games (Fallout 3 right now). Great series, i am enjoying so much. Mathieu was right, there is better games.

• ReviloDBDReviloDBD Member Posts: 518

Man, I was literally considering making a post about this, but I guess you already did in your own way!

I've been playing DBD off and on for years now, a very long time, usually with only few month breaks in between. I keep coming back, and I probably will continue to do so, but one of the things that has happened recently is EVERY TIME I try to come back to the game (after a week break or a month break) no matter whether I play Killer or Survivor, I just CONSTANTLY LOSE.

I don't even understand why, could it possibly be MMR? Why is my MMR so damn high? Why is it that I can't get a single Kill or Escape, I was never a very good Survivor, although I've reached Rank 1 before in the old system, but I was actually a very good Rank 1 Killer that used to get 4K's so often that I actually got bored of the game because it was too easy at times...

Anyways, now it's impossible, and losing OVER and OVER again, without really ever having a successful victory experience, has made me want to log in less and less... just earlier tonight I felt like there is really absolutely no reason for me to log in anymore because I just don't foresee myself getting a win anytime soon and it's not that I HAVE to win in order to have fun, but these matches are ROUGH.

As Killer, its often 0K with only like 3-4 hooks all game, with bodyblocking teams and flashlights and who knows what else.

As Survivor, its often camping/tunneling killers that don't even let me play the game, or survivor teammates that leave me to die on hook even when its my first one.

I just don't get it, it definitely used to not be this way, and to be honest for quite a while MMR seemed to be working fine for me and I was truly getting balanced matches, really for a while, but as of late IDK what's going on but I can't seem to get a single fair match that is any fun for me .. so yeah I'll be taking a break from DBD as well for a while I think.. you are not alone my friend!

If it is MMR, I don't understand why my MMR isn't dropping after countless losses, and howcome I am still facing the same issues in matches over and over again.

I would LOVE for DBD to be fun and exciting again, and some of the new perk changes give me hope randomly at times, but the gameplay every time I try to give it another shot is just miserable lately, for me at least.

• YankusYankus Member Posts: 610

I used to love this game so much before mmr. I would get bully swfs but also chill groups. Now I'm punished for being good so all I face is sweatlord swfs with 10k+ hours. Queues are longer because killers are quiting so my friends all choose to play other games since waiting in a 10+ minute queue isn't worth their time so I don't even have my friends to play swf with anymore either. I really feel like mmr has damaged this game and turned it into something it shouldn't be.

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,859

I started off before the first Warcraft with a game called Siege that had a similar premise to Warcraft. Don’t feel old. Old school game to play: Dark Legions - total classic

I still remember sitting at my computer playing Warcraft, summoning spiders in front of a line of orc spearman watching the human knights fall dead. Warcraft 2 was the best in the series in my opinion. The ogre magi will always hold a special place.

back then, BBSs were popular. You’d dial in and play games like Legend of the Red Dragon or Trade Wars 2002. It was the closest you got to playing with other ppl online other than turn based, play by email games like VGA Planets. Things have changed so much.

• IamFranIamFran Member Posts: 1,115
    edited January 13

I think there are people who play this game too much and "get married" with the game and that drive to frustration, if you have a crisis with the game you "got married" it affect you too much, that's the reason it's better to diversify and play more games by taking breaks frequently or alternating them. There are some things I don't like in this game, specially unbalaced things, I complain a lot about it in the forum, but I never feel frustrated because I diversify, I take breaks and I have "backup" games for playing if I'm having a bad day in DBD.

I "was married" with World of Warcraft for some years and I can relate with this post, when my main classes were nerfed I had a lot of frustration and it affected me psychologically sometimes, because I didn't know what to do when I don't want to play my characters in PvP or PvE while not wanting to level up or equip other classes.

You need to find more games to alternate a bit. I never "got married" with DBD so, despite I get angry sometimes and the balance issues annoy me they don't affect me psychologically. In fact I play this game since 2018 (september, Spirit release patch) and I have 1240 hours and I've seen some people playing since 2020 with 5000 hours OMG. Stop marrying with a game, be more promiscuous.