Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

"80% pLaYeRs uSe rUiN, sO wE wIlL nErF iT". So what about Dead Hard?

13»

Comments

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 21,051

No honestly I'd say that it isn't that bad of a claim. Old Ruin worked substantially better against newer players, and not so much against veterans, making it's effect relatively meh vs them. It still did something but it was hardly as effective as can be, and the real impact of the perk was decided on survivor skill over killer skill.

Current ruin is like the opposite, it still works better vs new players than vets but not to the extent that it did before. It's also a lot more dependant on killer skill than survivor skill and, depending on how you play, can be a lot stronger than old ruin ever was

• jinx3djinx3d Member Posts: 194

plus it would fit with Davids lore. hes a reckless muscle head who cares more about him and his friends surviving, so its totally in character for him to hurt himself to get away from the killer

• BenSanderson55BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 345

I don't use ruin anymore havent in awhile. Too rng dependent, it's clutch or gets no value. Even if I get a good totem spot, sometimes survivors will just gen rush and not even bother. So ruin overrated IMO. Same with ruin undying. Get better value out of corrupt, artists scourge and pop.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,659

First of all, no Perk in DBD requires Skill.

Second, I would not call it mistakes. Players play greedy, BECAUSE they have Dead Hard. It is not that they mess up a Loop, it is because the Perk allows them to do that extra Loop.

@Topic:

Being used often was not the only reason why Ruin was reworked. It was ONE reason, but Killer players like to pretend that it was the only reason. Which is wrong.

If it was only because of usage, where is the BBQ-Nerf?

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,656

Ruin was not changed because it had a pick rate of ~96%, it was nerfed because it was, by design, unhealthy for this game.

it was extremely RNG reliant, the Killer had absolutely no control over its effect andit was essentially useless against good players, while heavily punishing newer players for simply being new.

the new version is significantly more consistent, rewards good pressure from the Killer and affects Survivors of all skill levels the exact same.

its arguably even better than its previous version.

also: it did not get nerfed, it got reworked. there is a big difference between those two terms - a nerf is when they reduce the effectiveness of something, a rework is when they fundamentally change the way something works. another example for this: Deathslinger got nerfed - Freddy got reworked.

that doesnt mean i dont think DH should get nerfed / reworked (i do think it too is an unhealthy perk for this game, much like old Ruin was), but your reasoning is very far off.

Ruins pick rate had nothing to do with the changes it received.

• BenSanderson55BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 345
    edited January 13

I wouldn't say dead hard is skilless, I mean you can dh too early or too late, if you're not paying attention you can dh into walls and stuff. Ruin however is just passive, only skill it requires is protect the hex and most killers don't even do that.

I also hear a lot about these survivor 2nd chance perks dead hard, bt, ds, etc. What about killer 2nd chance perks, basically all exposed perks are 2nd chance perks. Blood warden also a 2nd chance perk, prolly others I'm forgetting. Some killers get exposed basekit. Well it takes time to use those exposed powers on those killers, yes. Also survivors can get no value out their 2nd chance perks as well, i dont even run DS or unbreakable because it's a waste of a perk slot most games. Same with Blood warden tbf.

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618
    edited January 14

I did not ignore the other reasons, I thought about them and found them not being valid. If their reasons really were valid, they would have nerfed plenty of other survivor stuff based on the same exact reasons, but they didn't. If you think their reasons are valid then you are a hypocrite, just like them, as they nerf things every single patch based on usability percentage.

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,416

They have been nerfed bbq use to be 32 meters and ruin got a full rework

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,194

two seems a bit less than "every single killer perk"...

and a lot of people view the ruin changes as a buff (not a nerf)

• Gamedozer7Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,416

What?

Yes and no old Ruin was super effective against new player and really didn't effect experienced ones but could be combined with other perks. New ruin is only effective if your putting on pressure and can still be worked through.

• MineguyMineguy Member Posts: 318

Dude BBQ is not broken at all. It just gives you more bloodpoints and a bit of aura telling that can easily be dodged by being close or in a locker.

Ruin was completely broken and hat to be nerfed. Dead hard is also completely broken.

• dallasmedicbagdallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

ruin is still in literally every survivor game i'm in, it probably needs another nerf by this reasoning ;)