Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Attention Steam and EGS players: a quick hotfix will be going live today at 11AM ET to address file validation reliability. Thank you for your understanding!

Do Survivors still dislike Spirit?

Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 2,127

Before her nerfs you could see everywhere people complain about her or put her on "the most hated" list to go againts.

So now I wonder if people are happy how she is now or at least don't dislike her as much as before.

Comments

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,870

I get disconnects when I play her and I am probably one of the worst Spirit players. I need Stridor on an injured Bill to get a hit out of my power.

I never play against her anymore, so I cannot even comment on the nerf from a survivor perspective.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 9,415

I’m not going to say I love playing against her but she’s not annoying anymore barring add ons

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,038

O kid, I kid. Mostly.

• AnniehereAnniehere Member Posts: 1,115

So-so.

She is still very strong to go against but i rather face her than Huntress or Nurse.

• ShinobuSKShinobuSK Member Posts: 3,643

I never disliked her in the first place

• Tr1nityTr1nity Member Posts: 4,855

It’s it’s an MDR DCB sprit yes.

Otherwise no.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 691
    edited January 14

i started playing her again for the first time since her nerf and it feels much harder, i lose much more games.

Missing with her power is easier now since good survivors know from which direction you're coming from, getting pallet stunned out of your power is more common now if you're not careful, so survivors can just camp pallets mindlessly. Mindgames are harder since they know you're coming for them and not for someone else - jumpscare moments are rarer therefore. And since you're 110% chasing without power is punishing.

The lack of good green add ons makes her also feel a bit more sluggish. Not saying she's bad, i guess if you play her for a living the nerf won't hurt you, but a good team can destroy you since she's much more punishing now if you missplay multiple times.

She also barely has map pressure since you can't use your power for that because you need it in chase. Except you're using that one pair of addons...

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,866

As you can probably tell by the lack of "nerf Spirit" threads and her current rarity in-game, I doubt many people are struggling against her at all these days.

• Steel_EyedSteel_Eyed Member Posts: 3,356

She’s still high tier. Some claim she lossed her top two spot. I did a bunch of Spirit games yesterday. I’m not so sure she has.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 8,506

The hate has died down a lot lately which I’m more than happy with.

• BwstedBwsted Member Posts: 2,716

This sums it up^.

As I said in the thread about Stridor, I think she should hear grunts of pain at a set middle-ground value during phase, without being affected by perk modifiers. Maybe a sound effect could be added as well, like a bit of echo Dream-World style.

That would make her power more consistent without swinging the balance and allow Stridor to reverted.

• BlazelskiBlazelski Member Posts: 272

She was never my most hated killer (see old Deathslinger), but now I have no problems going against her (excepting the one add-on with the killer instinct). I honestly like her changes a lot.

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,035

I don't see many people complain about her, Dried Cherry Blossom is the only problem that I have with her though, completely brain dead add-on. But other than that I really don't mind playing against her, I enjoy it more than playing against Blight.

• AurelleAurelle Member Posts: 2,244

She's not horrible to face, but she's not fun to go against either.

• BlackRabiesBlackRabies Member Posts: 487
    edited January 14

Before the change Spirit gave zero information to work with for survivors so there was nothing to learn from and impossible to properly take any sort of reaction to the killer's action. Playing against the invisible Demo bug had more information to work with. Like having a test, but can't study for it cause you have no idea what it's about until it hits you. At least now there's something to work with even though it's somewhat vague.

I was one of the survivors that just D/C vs old spirit now I really don't mind her. Since there's now some information to work with and i never use iron will. And I'm still a potato survivor.

• lauraalauraa Member Posts: 2,293

There was no learning to play against Spirit lol. There was only learning how to play against that particular Spirit by getting inside her head.

Heaven forbid people have some kind of sensory feedback.

• Dionysus42Dionysus42 Member Posts: 335

Sensory feedback doesn't matter. If you think it does, explain why BHVR removed any from Spirit's side going against Iron Will + Shadowstep. Just use your gamesense

• ThiccBudhhaThiccBudhha Member Posts: 5,870

I was really good at it back when lobbies were random and they placed me against killers way better than what I could handle. I would probably destroy these low mmr Spirit if she was one of the only killers I could actually handle when I first started. I felt so much of her play was contextual and easy to predict.