Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Dead By Daylight Has Won

1235»

Comments

• FriendlyBubbaFriendlyBubba Member Posts: 229

Do you always wonder, Pulsar, why the developers from BHVR didn't respond to your megathread?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,485

I must be fair.

Mandy frequently checks in and has gotten several issues fixed, some temporarily some permanently.

• musstang62musstang62 Member Posts: 497

I was really late to the party with Evolve, picked it up a year or 2 ago. I had some fun with it but it definitely takes some getting used to

Yep, it does sound like hellbent eventually plans to go to console when the time is right. I do really appreciate that they seem to be dedicating a lot more focus on quality rather than getting it out the door right away. Fingers crossed that it does well

Nice, I've not played those first 2 games but heard they were both really good. Ah #########, Skyrim is really easy to dump an absurd amount of hours into - I think you'll have fun with that. I still come back to it every once in awhile. I enjoy that you can set it to the hardest difficulty, then still make it through the game using nothing but fisticuffs, if you play all your cards right. Nothing manlier than literally punching a dragon to death

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 445

This is where I am with this game as well. I did just enough challenges to get the rift done and I didn't enjoy playing the game for the most part.

• TheDarkTyrantTheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 1,635

I hear REsistance is a very nice this time of year. Or all time of year.

• KurriKurri Member Posts: 1,601

Don't cut yourself short, you've contributed greatly to the community, and many of us appreciate it. I am glad you're choosing to stay around on the forums. Many of us, myself included would miss you. Sorry the game isn't as fun anymore. I hope it gets better soon.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 691

i think that's were a lot of the problems and toxicity with this game root - being competitive in Dbd. I'm also competitive, right now i'm even playing in a tournament, but what i learned over time (and what i could see from comparing it to other games i played) is that this game isn't meant to be competitive or played solely to win, there is just too much imbalance even at it's core. There is so much RNG and power abuse from each side and people seem to like it like some strange masochistic urge. I'm not good at taking losses but Dbd makes it worse by giving me the feeling i get humiliated and that the other side often times didn't deserve to win, they just "wanted it more" and brought the better perks and items and add ons. I know that's not always true but this is the feeling many people get i think.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 691

Honestly i'm reading stuff like this since i joined Dbd over 2 years ago. People quitting Dbd and making a thread about it exists since i joined the forums and i don't see anything special right now. I don't mind it and i get why people want to talk about it when it was a big part of their life.

But I remember when Ruin + Old Undying was a thing and everyone said survivors gonna leave and the game is dying. I remember when old Spirit and cheap Freddy was a thing, when maps got adjusted and later reworked for the first time and people said the game will die. The amount of times killer mains said "the game will die, all killers are leaving" in the past 2 years isn't even countable, like literally every chapter there was something people argued about. The arguments just get repeated every time. I remember there even were graphs and charts about steam players leaving like 1 year ago or so, turns out it was just a phase.

Yea the game lost some players recently but it's still on the level of 2020 and nearly on the level of the time afterwards. Maybe the spike in last summer was just a boost by RE fans who then left after realizing this game isn't even close to RE in terms of gameplay. Maybe its just a natural thing, when you're making changes to some 6 year old game which people got already bored of a bit, and the changes aren't that healthy (SBMM), then it's normal some players leave.

I'm in no way defending this game or BHVRs decisions but i would be careful with assumptions that this game is dying, i mean it could be but there were also many times were it came back stronger

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 12,485

My thing is that when there were player count concerns in the past, there was almost always a hype license around the corner and no competition on the horizon.

However, this time is different. Resident Evil was a huge failure, from a player retention point of view. We lost pretty much every player we gained during the Resident Evil chapter. Same with Hellraiser.

The Ring, especially the Japanese version of the Ring, is not really hype. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing truly special to most people. I'm pretty sure most people think that Sadako is the Japanese knock-off of Samara, not the other way around.

Likewise, there's also some BIG games on the horizon. VHS is having their open beta, I think. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre game is floating around as well as the Evil Dead game. Additionally, out of market games like Elden Ring are going to eviscerate the games viewership on Twitch with many of the top content creators going to play it for a considerable amount of time.

In short, DBD needs an extremely hype chapter for anniversary to stop the bleeding, let alone recover these numbers.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,512

Been around since the beginning. The game was a couple of times near the exitus. For example, Leatherface was rushed out (he had almost identical addons like Billy, despite being played completely different), because the a Lullaby in the Dark Chapter turned the playerstats upside down. David King was released with WGLF, which gave a 200% bloodpoint bonus back then. No one wanted to play killer, because as survivor you could easily earn more than double than what the killer earned. Also, everyone would farm the teammates, and after 4 stacks just give up. Survivor queues reached 40+ minutes back then. So they had to rush out Bubba with BBQ, so killers would have an equivalent in bloodpoint gain.

Later on the famous:

Caused an outrage in the community.

As @Pulsar said, the RE Chapter and Hellraiser chapters were a huge failure for different reasons. We had very little player retention from those. Hellraiser will now get his voice lines back and i guess that the devs are working on something about the RE Chapter, in order to fix things. Since there are no big franchises on the horizon, and the competition is building up. Behavior has to step up their game.

• WeirdlyBeardedWeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 124

Inalidating someones lived experience/emotions just because you don't understand it isn't helpful. Ask them to clarify etc. Your comment comes off hella dismissive